Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Not Giving Up

Alright, I know she has every reason to hate me. I totally get it, but I think I might be making progress. She got her frustrations out and knocked me on my ass. Fuck. My stomach still hurt just thinking about it. Now I just need her to listen to me, calmly. She was never very good about being calm, that was Kelly, always hyper. I think hockey was what helped her channel all her extra energy. Hockey saved her. It was her bestfriend, not me. Definitely not me.

I know what I need to do to get her attention, to show her I care. She'll either stop and give me some time or explain, or she'll shut the door and punch me again. It was a risk I was ready to take.

-----Summer 2004-----

I sat beside her, wrapping my arm around her shoulder as she leaned her head on mine. Trying to control her tears.
"It's okay to cry Kelly." I told her as she looked up at me. The music started and the pastor had taken his spot at the podium. She couldn't take handle it, the one person who meant more to her than anyone in this world had been taken from her. She got up and ran out of the auditorium. I heard her mom let out a sob as she saw her only child running away from her grief.
"Kelly wait." I said, running after her. She didn't slow down, she just kept running. "Kel, stop! You need to stop running. Please." She stopped and collapsed under a tree, holding her head in her hands, sobbing uncontrolably. I caught up with her and kneeled down beside her, enveloping her in my arms.
"I miss him Sid. Why did this happen? I'm not ready for him to not be around anymore. He's my daddy, I want him back." She whimpered in between sobs.
"Shh, it's okay Kel. You're going to get through this, your strong. He would have wanted you to stay strong." I whispered as I rubbed her back. We sat there like that for what felt like an eternity until her crying subsided. She pulled away from me and brushed her hair behind her ear.
"I can't go back. I need to be away from all the sadness. That is their way to grieve, I need to do mine." She stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me up so we were eye to eye. I knew what she needed to do without her even saying anything.
"My house is closer, we can go there." I said as we walked down the street towards my house.

When we arrived I quickly went into the garage, pulled out the net and sticks and set it up on the driveway. I tossed her a stick, and met up with her halfway up the drive.
"Defend me." She knew what I was talking about. I knew she would be able to let our her aggression out on me, even shen she missed the puck and hit my shin I didn't flinch. She needed this. She needed me. I just wish I could be here for her all time. I knew my going back to Rimouski in the fall would be hard on her.

----------

I figured that even if I wanted to get into her building she would never let me in. So I folded up the note and the picture put th in an envelope and stuck it on her windshield, praying that it would still be there in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
The whole point of this chapter for you guys to see that Sid was there when Kelly needed her. The hardest time in her life. I wanted to show that he really did care about her, however, when you look at the dates...he completely shut her out only a year after this....