Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Answers

"Thanks for driving Andrea, if you could just drop me off my by car that would be great. I left my phone charger in there."
"Okay. And thanks for coming out and celebrating with me. I can't believe we are finally going to get to wear the Red and White."
"I know. I'll see you at practice tomorrow." I waved as I got out of the car. I approached my vehicle to grab my charger when I saw an envelope under the windshield. My heart sank, I knew who it was from as soon as I saw the writing on the front. I picked it up and went inside my building. I forced myself to wait until I had reached my apartment before I opened it. Maybe I should have a glass of wine while I do this. I thought to myself as I walked to the kitchen and poured a heavy drink. I sat down on the couch and with trembling hands I slowly opened the envelope. Inside was a photo. It was wrinkled, and had fold creases in it. I knew he must have taken this with him everywhere. The picture was taken after my frist organized girls league game in Coal Harbour. He came to watch and afterwards, before I went to change he met up with me on the ice. There we stood, eight or nine years old, side by side with huge smiles on our faces. What would it be like to be Sid and Kelly again. Kids. Life had changed so much. I smiled at the photo though, it was probably one of the best days of my life. Finally getting to play in a real league. I slowly unfolded the note.

Kel,
I just need to talk to you. I need to give you some answers. I'm only asking for a few minutes of your time. If you don't like what I have to say, I promise to not contact you again. Call me.

Sid

He left his number at the bottom of the page. I re-read the last line. I promise not to contact you again. Did I really want that? As much as I was furious at him, he was back in my life whether I liked it or not and I'm not so sure I want him to just up and leave me again.

-----Summer/Fall 2002-----

"I'm not so sure I'm ready to leave everything behind. I know I need to do this, I can't handle the way the parents yell at me and other players hate me. I'm not going to let other people stop me from pursuing what I love." Sid told me one evening as we were hanging out at Lawrence Town Beach.
"It kills me that I won't be able to practice with you, or just hang out. Promise you'll write me? Tell me how life is in the USA. Traitor." I laughed as I nudged him.
"Trust me Kel, if I had it my way I would be staying here, but I can't. It'll only be for one year and then hopefully, if I can keep my numbers up, I will be get drafted into juniors. And yes, I promise to email you or MSN whenever I can."

----------

"Ah, what the hell." I said as I picked up my phone and texted a message to the number he gave.

Kelly: Okay, I'm ready to talk.
I waited few minutes before there was a reply

Sid: Thank You. When and where?

I looked at my clock. It was only 9:30 and I didn't have practice until eleven tomorrow. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep on this.

Kel: My place. Now. Don't make me regret this Sid.

Sid: I'm on my way. You won't regret it. Promise.

"Yeah, I better not regret it." I said to myself as I got changed into a pair of yoga pants and tank. I slumped back onto the couch to wait for the answers that I had been waiting so long to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys have any comments on this one? Where do you want to see this go? Just curious if you're still finding it interesting. :)