Dirtbag

DO YOU HEAR THE RAIN?

“You look like shit,” Casey greets me. She returns my frown with a glowing smile, adding, “I meant that you look really pale. Are you sick or something, because no one forced you to come out with—”

“I just got shitty news,” I cut her off. My voice is snippy and I didn’t intend for it to come out that way, but what’s happened has happened. I sigh aloud and ask the bartender for a beer.

“I’m good with shitty news,” Casey says out of nowhere. Before I can ask what in the hell she means, she continues, “I’m good at giving it to people. I always find something positive, even if it’s really, really small, and spin it.”

“My dad is getting married.”

“Everyone deserves to be in love!”

“My dad is getting married to a dumb blonde with huge breasts and an acute I.Q.”

“At least he can get a good-looking lady.”

“My dad is an asshole.”

“Maybe she’ll turn him around?”

“He also doesn’t give a shit about anyone.”

“If they divorce, she’ll be devastated,” Casey says, “but she’ll at least get a good chunk of change out of it.”

“You really are good at this,” I compliment. “Wait, how did you know about my dad?”

Casey blushes, turning away and taking a sip of her beer. “Dolly told me about his company and how you work for him. Basic stuff, y'know.”

“Sure,” I reply. “Basic stuff.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone is doing well! Have a nice day:)
xx