Dirtbag

TURN UP THE LIGHTS; I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME IN THE DARK

Casey is belligerently drunk.

It’s like déjà vu. I’m holding her up, just like I did with her friend that one night, and she can barely even walk. My fingertips brush against the bare skin of her hip bone, now revealing itself because her shirt is pushed up awkwardly. I attempt to pull it back down, but she shoves her hand away.

“You’re such a good guy, Jack,” she slurs. “Most guys by now would have tried screwing me in a bathroom stall.”

I deadpan, “That sounds awesome” and buckle her in the passenger seat.

When I finally get settled into the driver’s seat, it happens.

Casey is leaning forward against the middle console, her chin propped in her hands and chest showing itself. I catch myself staring and blink, tearing my eyes away from her. Her eyelashes are long, accentuating her wide, grey eyes.

“I’m not going to have sex with you,” she says out of nowhere, as if I was expecting her to. Like I am another Gus clone. “But I want to. I really like you.”

“I wasn’t expecting you to sleep with me,” I say just above a whisper.

“Jack, did you even hear what I just said?”

“Huh?”

“I said,” she mumbles, “that I like you!”

I’m officially confused as hell. One second she’s telling me we’re most definitely not having sex. The next, she’s yelling at me and acting as if I did something wrong. Girls are fucking crazy.

I finally reply, “I don’t understand why you’re getting all pissed.”

It is dead silent. Casey Reed has passed out in the passenger seat of my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's been awhile! I hope everyone is well.

Obviously, I also want to add that today's events were unbelievably tragic. It may sound unoriginal, but I truly feel for the ones affected from this. I cannot even imagine how hard it must be and just know that the man who caused this may not be in a jail cell, but I truly believe he is to receive punishment for his selfish and disgusting actions in the afterlife. It is hard to lose the ones you love, but it doesn't mean you can't love them any less because they are not with you in person. They are still with you, even at this moment.

To everyone else, I hope you are doing well. Remember that guns do not kill people... people kill people.

xxoo