Status: I'll update as much as I can!

Till We Disappear

6th Sense

There was just something in the air that threw me off… Maybe, it was still the stomach turning fight that my father and I’ve gotten into a few days ago. I can absolutely tell you what it wasn’t. Chis and I are officially mates, might as well be the same person. Everything is heightened; our personality, our sight, our smell, don’t get me started on our touch… Oh, our touch electrifies just by brushing past each other. Sometimes just the gust of air that comes when he passes by sends my skin to tingles. From what I understand, our mating isn’t a common occurrence. On a daily basis a demon can find his MORTAL mate. I’m still puzzled on the rare incident, but what really gets to me is that even the demi-demons have the mortal to immortal relationships as the full demons. I’ve talked to Audrey before about her and Ricky’s relationship. She says that she wasn’t a vampire until the bonding process.
Since i’ve first met the coven of demons and demi’s there has been an addition to our family, one by mate, one by the change of a tortured soul. Balz has met his mate Ryan-Ashley, such a pretty girl, I must say. And then there’s Brandon, Angelo and Ghost found him in a sketchy situation in which none of them want to speak of. All I know is that he’s young, a few weeks old, Devin had to change him into a vampire due to the poor condition he was in. Angelo couldn’t do it, he didn’t think that the full demon life style would suit him right. I don’t blame him for his decision, I was born this way. The more I thought about it, the more of the realization turned in my brain that it would be a major transition of human to total demon.
I snapped out of thought hearing the clap of Audrey’s hands in front of my face. “Yes,” I spoke. I was placed on the black couch of our covens living room as she perched upon the coffee table in front of it.
“You may have a hundred year old soul but you, my darling, have to Finnish up your senior year,” she reminded me. “what did you get lost in your mind about?”
I huffed and pinched my nose before answering, “Everything Audrey-bug, everything.”
“Well, when you come back today, you can tell me all about it.” she smiled.
“You sound like my mother, mind you that I’m older than you are.” I mutter out.
“But you stop aging at 21, while I’m stuck at 22, therefore in our mortal spirit, I will forever be older than you are.”
“Only by one month.” I grin.
“Okay, whatever smart ass.” She snapped in her playful tone.
We both averted our red irises to Chris walking down the stairs. I grin, we practically wore the same thing, to the Misfits T to the combats on our feet, “Well, this was not planned.”
“Two great minds think alike I suppose.” Chris yawned out.
I heard a snicker from Audrey, “Yeah, whatever. the two ‘great minds’ need to get going.”
“Yes, mother Audrey.” I replied, my voice sounding on the monotone side.
“Yes that’s me. now get going!” she exclaimed.
Chris lent to my neck and just mouthed, “She and Rick probably just want the place to themselves.” I felt the slightest gusts of breath on my neck as my mind transferred them to words.
I looked at him as we bursted into fits of laughter. I turned to Audrey examining her confused face, which only made me giggle more as we made our way out to the morning air.
The laughter died down a little once we settled into my car, silence failed once we made eye contact, the laughing fits continued.
“Okay, okay!” I gasped. I looked into the rear-view mirror to ensure that my makeup wasn’t running from my tears of laughter. I took deep breaths to stabilize my breathing; inhale, exhale, inhale, and exh-. The sudden warmth of my other half’s breath grazed on my cheek already setting off the tingles dancing on the top of my cheekbone. As soon as his lips finally pressed down against my skin, I felt every dent and curve of his pierced lips setting my nerves on fire throughout my body. I leans into him hoping for just two more seconds but, unfortunately, the innocent gesture came to an end.
“We have to go, my lovely.” He spoke softly, stroking his thumb against the back of my hand. I simply nodded in agreement and stuck the keys in the ignition making our way to our dreaded, small town school.
The day was going nice and smooth until the first few minutes of art. The secretary’s footsteps made their way down the hall along with an unfamiliar pair. Something made my skin crawl about this new student… was this my off feeling? The door flung open revealing the secretary and the stranger. I didn’t avert my eyes up like the rest of the class, I continued working on my piece but the first thing that took over me was her smell. Yes, it was a female, one I’ve never met before but oh my God, her sent. I took just another whiff of the air and hissed to myself. I scrunched my drawn eyebrows together and finally looked up. The girl was native, an instinct from living in Colorado for years. Then the markings on her hands following all the way up her arms to her collarbone made it all clear to me, she’s a skin-walker. In Navajo folklore they are considered evil, a common misconception because they hunt the evil. I tried to hold back from showing my demon form, a personal instinct that I have brought myself to when I feel like I’m in danger, obviously not the best habit. I took a mental note of how she looked and distracted myself by focusing on my work. I stared down at my sketch pad and continued to my design pattern. I snapped up when I heard our art teacher make the announcement of the new student, he proceeded to tell her to feel free to make her introduction to the class. I looked back down, continuing to lightly stroke at the design as I listened to her words.
“Well, I’m obviously Native, Navajo to be exact. Uhhmm-.” She was cut off by Mr. Barker. “What is it that you want to do in life?” The infamous question he made everyone answer at the beginning of the year, I guess we all have that one teacher.
“Well, to protect citizens,” she paused, “It’s kind of a family thing.” Of course, their’s a whole pack of them.
“Cool, very cool. Sit wherever you want, we don’t have a seating chart or anything.” Mr. Barker chirped. She gazed at the room and proceeded to take an empty seat at the table be kind me, yay.
“What are you so stressed about? Good God, I’m trying to take a test.” Chris joked in my head.
I quickly shot back a frantic thought, “Chris, there is a pack of skin-walkers that just moved to town.”
It took him a moment to reply, “Lovely, I’m new to this region. I have little knowledge on these creatures and it may not even be true. Tell me during lunch?” Great, if Chris barely knows what they are, then that means the whole coven doesn’t know. At least it’s only five minutes till lunch and we can go warn the others at home.
Soon enough Mr. Barker told us to put up our things. I quickly followed orders and frantically sent out a group message to the coven explaining to be at the house in ten minutes. I’d think twice about going to our home, but the thing about skin-walkers is that their senses aren’t heightened until they shape shift into their chosen animal form, and that only occurs at dusk. I sent a thought to Chris telling him to meet me at the car as soon as the lunch bell rings.
I sped walked to the car surprised that Chris was already there, “Please tell me that you didn't use your powers to get her this fast.” I said in worry.
“Was that a wrong move?” He asked confused.
I leaned my forehead against the steering wheel, “Promise me you wont use your powers at school anymore unless it’s for your protection?” I said in a question.
“Okay? so are you going to tell me why you're losing your marbles, or? He said.
“You’ll find out when I tell the others.” I replied bluntly as I played HIM’s Screamworks album and rushed our way home.
I yanked the keys out of the ignition and trudged through the front door, Chris came in just a few seconds later wrapping his arm around my side. He looked down at me concerned feeling my negative energy flow through him as well. We walked towards the living room to find that everyone’s there. I sighed in relief looking into all of the amber eyes of my family and the icy blue eyes of Ashley’s. Once they felt my presence they turned to look at me. I’m sure they weren’t expecting the emotions my face shown; anger, rear, worrisome and so much more. I furrowed my eyebrows together and stared down at the floor, trying to figure out how I should put my words together. Chris rubbed my side and went to sit next to Angelo so I could have the floor alone. I moved my gaze upwards to face them all once I gutted up the courage, “We are all in danger,” The words left my lips like poison, I never thought they would come, “I know you all aren’t as keen to the area as I am, and not even Chris knows what to expect of what’s wondered upon us.” I brought my hand up and pinched the top of my nose, “Well, there’s a pack of… Skin-walkers. You may know them as evil to the Navajo’s but they hunt the evil. This was brought upon me when a new student walked into my art class. Her markings, her markings were the give away. Yeah her sent was too, but her markings confirmed it.” I thought a minute, “Josh, you have to keep Ryan safe, she’ll be the first they come after since she’s still human, and even though innocent, she’s mated to you and that’s why she is horrible in their eyes. Brandon, get one of the other vampires in our coven to train you, preferably Ryan since he’s the oldest of them.We all have to make sure that we are strong enough in case of an attack. The basics of skin-walkers is that they can shape shift to any animal that has significance to the Navajo’s but this process only takes place at dusk. They are always a native decent, and have markings that look like dark brown tattoos traveling from their hands, up their arms and to their collarbones. The markings are always on the left side of their body.” I look at the shock on their faces, “If you need training on how to kill these creatures, ask me about it, do not hesitate.” I couldn’t handle the shocked faces of the ones I love, I looked into all of their eyes and held it once it reached the kind eyes of my mate’s. I shot a half smile and took one last glance at everyone before I went to the study
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Finally back on the role of writing!