Take Notes

Getting Out

The streets down below were filled with cars honking at each other to move faster. They were always going faster in that smoke and noise filled city. As if one's destination was far more important than everyone else's. Impatience drove the city to what it was today; crime infested. It had gotten to the point where a couple of men in tights had become the protectors of the city. Just thinking about those "superheroes" brought a smile to her face.

Eyes focused on the sky as she stared out the living room window she knew that it was now or never. All strings to this place had been cut in a single, handwritten letter. She was moving on. Only taking a few necessities on here travels to wherever. It wasn't as if she had any other place to go, but she just couldn't stay there any longer than she already had. Emotional attentions had been made before she could stop them, and she was determined to destroy them for good.

With one last glance at the tops of the other buildings she turned to grab her duffel bag and back pack before walking out the door. Downstairs a yellow chariot waited to take her to the train station. It wasn't the fastest mode of transportation, but it was cheaper than owning car and airplanes scared her. So, to the train station she was headed to get a one way ticket to anywhere but there.

_______________________________

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted her. They all warned me, but I just didn't listen," howled a very pained and heartbroken man. As those words escaped his lips he threw his fist into the closest object, a brick wall. Not even so much as denting it in the process. His mentor, now partner, watched as the man fell apart at the seams. It broke his heart to watch the other man suffer in such an emotional way, but he knew there wasn't much he could do at the moment. He would just have to wait until the other man stopped using the brick wall as a punching bag.

______________________________

In brightly lit letters the names of over a hundred cities shined on the board behind the counter. There were so many places to choose from. Unlike most people she hadn't researched any of those cities, except for the few that she'd lived in at one point or another. Those places were definitely out of the question, but that hadn't narrowed the decision down by much.

Still staring at the board not really reading any of the words the woman in front of her cleared her throat. Snapped out of her daze she looked to the worker standing behind the computer. It was evident on her face that she was getting quite aggravated by the customer. But when she realized the woman was looking at her she plastered on an overly fake smile.

"May I help you?" Her voice was just as disgusting as the smile on her face. However, she knew that in order to get through this transaction quickly she would have to play nice with the employee.

"Yes, I would like to buy a one way ticket too…," she paused to glance back at the board before grabbing the first word that she saw, "Gotham." The woman's face immediately changed from that of a fake smile to pure disgust.

"I don't know. Why wouldn't I want to go there," she said almost challenging the woman.

"Because it's the most disgusting city, and it's filled with all sort of crazies, even more so than here," she said rolling her eyes as if this was common knowledge.

"Well, I really can't go by the word of someone who clearly hates her job. So, I think I'll take that ticket now, okay?" The woman just scoffed at her as they exchanged cash for a one way ticket to Gotham.

"You'll regret that," was the last thing the she said before her customer turned and walked to where the train was. Although she had a lot of regrets in life she doubted that this would be another one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Essentially, this is just a rough draft. If you notice any errors of any kind don't be hesitant to tell me. I want to know what I need to fix.