To The End

1.

I watched him carefully as his whole body shook violently like he was erupting in some kind of seizure. Thankfully it wasn't, but his tears weren't very assuring either. With every single sob that released his lips my heart broke a little more. I looked at Gerard closely without moving anymore. He was beautiful, even like this, with his radiant red hair covering his scrawny little face that matched the rest of his little body. Skin and bones. That's all he was. He hasn't eaten in weeks. After those horrid doctors told him that he was sick, he hasn't been the same, he's given up on everything: eating, sleeping, his music, his art. Everything. He can't stop telling me that i'm the only thing that he has left. Because well, i am. His life is spiriling out of control. The medicine that he takes makes him angry and emotional, and as much as it pains me to say it. He's crazy. I gulped, trying hard to not let the tears stream down my face and shifted my weight to my other leg. I have to do something.

"Gee?"

"Go away." He muttered through his tears.

"Gee."

"Ungh."

 "It's me Frankie." he didn't say anything, which I took as an open oppuritunity to cradle him in my arms like a child as he sobbed into my side. 

"Frankie. I can't do it anymore. I can't take it, I'm not the same, and I can't be anymore." He paused for a moment "And you probably don't even love me anyways." he clung on to my side tighter, digging his nails in through my shirt. 

"Gee, don't say that. You know I love you. And you can't give up. I need you, Mikey needs you. We can't live without you." 

"But-"

"Gerard! You have to promise not to leave me." 

"B-"

"Promise me?" 

"I-I'll try Frank." He gave a weak smile, which made me smile even bigger than his. I havent seen him smile in weeks. I kissed him on the cheek, letting the moment last as my warm lips pressed against his cold icy cheek. I could feel his body twitch and he let go of his grasp on my side, leaving me to catch him before he could hit the ground. It was terrible how fragile and weak he was, it was hard enough for him to even stand up, let alone have such an emotional fit like that. I leaned back and moved Gerard so he was positioned beside me with my arms around his waist, i tried hard not to squeeze him too tight so I wouldn't hurt him and dozed off, getting prepared to comfort him more tomorrow.

*** Gerards

I opened my eyes and struggled to release from Franks grasp, almost collapsing as I rose to my feet. I placed my hands under my chest and realized how little I weighed. Maybe that's also why i'm so weak. I pulled them away and let my fingers search around in my pocket until I found my phone, looking at the messages on screen.

1 missed call
1 new voicemail from: Dr. Richards.

*** 
Frank woke up next to the bathroom door and smirked, everyone told him that he was a restless sleeper but he never realized it til now. He opened the bathroom door, not giving a damn if Gerard was in there or not. As the door to the main part of the bathroom opened Frank had no idea what to do so he called out to Mikey. 

"What is it?" frank pointed dumbly to the phone and 2 notes on the messy counter  and handed the smaller of the two notes to Gerards brother. Mikey inspected the note And did exactly what it said.

'Pick up the phone, press play."

"Hello Gerard, this is Doctor Richards. Your test results came in an hour ago and I thought I would inform you that they aren't looking good. Gerard I'm afraid-" Mikey let the phone drop through his frail little fingers and without saying anything, hugged Frank, feeling the boy who was practically his brother shake within his grip. 

"What next?" Mikey said softly, pushing his hair out of his eyes as he pulled away from Frank.

"Read the other letter." He once again did as instructed and unfolded the note, counting the amount of times he managed to fold it and gave his friend a look. "Read it aloud."

"Dear Frank and Mikey.
Hi Mikes, I cant tell you how sorry i am but if you read the next part, you'll understand why. Mikey, thanks for being such a great little brother. I love you. I'm sorry i couldn't be there for you more, it's sad that you were a better brother than I was. Im older, i was there to look out for you but i got sick and you ended up being the one to look out for me. Once again Mikey, i love you. 

Alright Frankie, your turn. I tried to promise not to, but i guess it's better for me to do it now rather than suffer later right? Oh Frankie. I'm sorry, i'm sorry I was so crazy, i'm sorry I was so sick and made you put up with me but Frank, I love you. I love you with all of my heart. I wished that if I wasn't sick we couldve lived our lives together, done everything we always wanted too. (I'd specify but I have a feeling you're having Mikey read this. ) But Frank, thanks for everthing. For being my shoulder to cry on, for being there when i was upset. Thanks for helping me through all of my sessions. For all of it. Sadly I can't tell you how
much i care which breaks my heart to do this even more. 

I love you both." 

The two boys stood there in silence for a moment, Mikey sobbing against the wall. Frank just watched him and shed some tears of his own. His tears broke into a full on sob, matching Mikeys. He clutched his stomach and went turn around to run when he fell forward, slamming the door to the second part of the bathroom open. He kept his hands latched around himself and doubled over, sobbing even harder. 

"Frank are you- Oh my- Frank.." he nervously pat his shoulder over and over again until Frank got the message that something was wrong. Frank looked up slightly to see a hand reaching out to his. A limp, bloody hand. He grabbed the hand and crawled forward until he saw Gerards body sprawled across the ground. His hair was circling around his head like a halo, showing off his pale face and delicate blue tinted lips that were once so full of life as they used to shine his beautiful smile. Frank leaned over and lightly pressed his lips to Gerards, not feeling a spark, or Gee's lips curving into a smile, not Gee's lousy attempt to kiss him back as 'sexy as he could'. But feeling the sensation he needed at the moment because he knew this would be the last kiss he could ever snag from his 'significant other'. He let his hand go and turned away, sobbing once more with Mikey by his side, engulfing his young friend in another hug. 

"So.. He's r-really g-gone?" Mikey whispered. 

"I guess so Mikes."

*** 2 years later

Frank sat in his bedroom, flipping through his closet to find something he needed for his class today at the community college with Mikey. After Gerard's death the two friends grew closer to make sure that neither of them would pull any stunts they shouldn't. Gerards death hit them both hard and they were both in the borderline of mentally unstable so, they were always there for each other. Frank pulled out a box and opened the lid, revealing a smaller box labeled MEMORIES <3 on it. He plastered a smile on his face and called out for his roomate

"Frank did you find it?"

"Not yet but look." Mikey smiled down at the scrapbook in his hands and gladly flipped it open, watching the smile in Franks face get wider as the pages turned. 

"Look at that one." He pointed to a picture of the three of them, Frank and Gerard forming a 'human chair' to  hold Mikey up, his arms out like he just finished up a broadway performance. They both smiled

"That was a fun night." They flipped a few more pages until it came to the very end, holding a small newspaper clipping. 

Obituary: 
Gerard Arthur Way
April 9th 1977-October 15th 2012

Mikey smiled and traced his finger to the highlighted part in the middle, reading it aloud. 

"Gerard was extremely loved by his family and friends, especially his brother Mikey and boyfriend Frank. The three boys had a bond that no one could tear apart, no matter how many hate comments were directed towards the young couple. Even after Gerards death, the two boys Mikey and Frank grew even stronger in their bond as a way of remembering Gerard-" Mikey wiped a single tear from his eye and looked at Frank as he did the same. Frank kissed two of his fingers and pressed it towards the paper and Mikey mimicked his actions. 

"I love you." he mouthed before closing up the box and putting it back in it's place. The 2 boys rummaged around for the paper and shoved it into Franks backpack, walking away with Gerard on both of their minds.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you think :3 <3 :)