Brick Wall

Calista

Image


I can’t believe I’m packing my bags just because he told me so. But bitterness aside, I’m pretty excited. Finally, I’ll get to spend time with the boys and get to see bands and see free concerts. And most of all, I’ll get to spend time with Connor.

And, maybe, I’ll finally be able to trust him.

I think I packed the most clothes among all of them. But it’s going to be like what, a tour for all the summer, so better be an expectant than to be unprepared. I decided to bring a couple of books too, in case I get bored during the travel. I do doubt that though, because with the boys, it’s never a bore but who knows, right?

Oh and another perk with coming on tour with Before You Exit this summer is that they’re touring with Paradise Fears and The Summer Set. I love those bands and I have never, ever seen them live, nor met them. I did meet Jess once though, since she needed to use our bathroom after a rehearsal, but that was it. I think she doesn’t even remember me anymore. If she does, I’ll be remembered as “the bathroom-lender girl.”

How charming.

Anyway, I proceeded downstairs, not wanting to keep the boys waiting, but as I went down, I have realized immediately, that I was going to be the one who’s going to do the waiting. They said they were going to fetch me on 2pm sharp, and well, it was already 2:13pm. Such liars.

Since I was waiting in vain, I talked to Mom who was doing a crossword puzzle on the daily newspaper.

“When will you be back darling?” she asked, looking at me shifting away from the puzzle.
I tapped my finger on my chin, “I’m not sure yet, maybe two weeks before school starts. Depends though if they extend tour.”

She nods her head and goes back to her puzzle. “Just be sure to go home before school starts. If ever they do extend, tell them that you need to go home immediately, all they’ll all face some ass grabbing the next time they come here in our house.” She said.

I laughed. “Yes ma’am.”

I scooted beside her closer, leaning towards the newspaper. I scanned through the across and down sections until I found an answer to one of the clues. “One Direction.” I said, pointing on the one across.

“What?”

“That’s the answer to this one.”

“One direction?”

“Yeah, that’s the band that sang What Makes You Beautiful.” I told her, referring to the clue. “You know Ma? You should watch and listen to current movies and music these days, it helps you answer these things.” I said, advising her.

‘”Oh whatever,” she said, scribbling One Direction.

I smirked. “You’re welcome?”

She smiled at me, and slapped my cheek softly. “Thank you.”

And as I was about to say something, a sudden honk was heard just by the driveway, making me jump off the couch, startling my mom as well. I turned to her and hugged as tight as I can. “I’ll miss you, and make sure to eat proper food when I’m not around.” I told her, making her giggle.

“I’ll make sure. Now go, don’t keep the boys waiting and please take care of them, make sure they won’t do something silly, and you as well.”

I kissed her and said goodbye. I turned to my luggage and ordered Braiden to get my other bags from the house to my car. I heard Mom warn him about taking care of me. It was more of an order instead of a request. “Take care of my little angel okay Braiden.” She said, in the most scary tone that she could ever make. I smiled.

“Hey.” Thomas said, just behind the wheel. “You excited for tour?”

“Hell yeah.” I said, strolling my luggage to the back. “I get to see hot guys for free. Isn’t it exciting?” making a face that shows giddiness with squinted eyes.

He laughed. “You’re already looking at one.” Pointing at himself.

I slapped him on the arm. “Oh, stop applauding yourself.”

I went up at the bus and immediately saw Riley so busy with his cell. I grabbed it. He moved reflexively, taking it back. “Privacy woman!”

I rolled my eyes. “Twitter-obsessed man!”

He stuck his tongue out, as I did the same.

I saw Connor at the very edge, smiling at me, uneasily. I smiled back and waved and his smile got a bit more relaxed. I sat down next to him and nudged his arm. “Thanks for bringing me along.”

He nudged me back. “The boys are pretty excited about you being here, so you should thank them too.” He said, looking over at me, shifting his eyes from the window.

“I will…” I trailed off, “or maybe not.”

He chuckled and played with my wrists with his thumb. I looked at the other boys who were busy with their own businesses. And immediately, we started to lace our fingers with each other, filling the spaces between them. They fit perfectly, like they were meant to be there. It seemed like such a long time since we last did this. And it felt magical, like a spark burning one again.

Braiden barged in the bus and we moved away from each other, trying to keep everything casual, but kept our fingers laced behind the seat in front of us, so no one will see.

As Braiden said, “Travel away!”

As Riley, closed his cell.

As Thomas, revved and started the bus.

And as Connor kept his hands locked with mine.

I knew this is going to be a hell of a summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
so far, I'm pretty excited with whatever I am coming up with right now. I hope you guys are excited about Connor and Calista having their time together.