Status: Please Review!

The Cast Mate

chapter 13

Norman and Sean got a message from Troy that he didn't need them at the studio that day. He told them to go head to the firing range instead. Silver was going to the studio for her hair, make-up and wardrobe test shots. The two guys pulled up the range at the same time. Sean nodded to Norman over the hoods of their cars.

" You ready for this?" Sean asked. Norman smiled and nodded.

" Been a long time since we have been here." He said.

" You gonna see Silver today?" Sean asked.

" I doubt it. I have to pick up Mingus after work." Sean nodded.

" Than you aren't going too. Troy said we aren't allowed on set, not even at lunch. They don't want anyone to get any looks on how they are dressing her up." He said. As if on cue, Sean's phone went off. He pulled it out of his pocket and clicked on the message. " Speaking of Silver." He held his phone up for his friend to see the message too.

' Holy shit, man! They have this place on lock down! Only Troy and the make-up and hair people are allowed in the trailer with me. I'm not allowed to take any pictures or say anything about my looks. Is it always like this?'

At the same time Norman's phone went off.

' Where are you guys going to be at? I'm going to be planted in this chair all fucking day.' She texted him.

' Firing range. We are brushing up on our shooting. We also have to go over all the different guns we will be using.' Norman answered her.

' Have fun, Sil.' Sean sent her.

' You know, most girls like having their hair and make-up done.' Norman sent.

' Not me. I'd rather have Daryl Dixon shoot me in the face with a arrow.' Norman laughed, making Sean glance at him as he put his phone away.

' He'd never go for your face with an arrow. You're too pretty, you'd make him nervous.' He sent her. Sean watched carefully as they walked. He watched his friend smile and laugh as Silver and him texted back and forth.

' Do you know they are going to try seven different styles on me? and eight different make-up looks. I have one look, black eyeliner and a little bit of eye shadow. I'm going to feel like I look a mess. And my hair is so long and thick, it's going to take forever for them to dry it.'

' I like the way you wear your make-up. You don't need all that shit but for the camera, you need it a little heavier. Just relax and enjoy it. Your hair is awesome' Sean glanced over Norman's shoulder.

' No way I can relax. I get weirded out by people I don't know touching me. That's why I don't get massages no matter how tense I am.'

' I'd give you one.'

" You aren't really going to sent that to her, are you?" Sean asked before Norman's last message went out. "You sound so gay." Norman cleared the message and slipped his phone back into his pocket. He was frowning. " You ask her out yet?"

" Who said I was going to ask her out?" He snapped.

" Everything on your stupid face does. What the hell are you waiting for anyway?" Sean asked. They were walking into the range.

" I don't know. I just want to make sure she likes me, you know? If I ask her and she says no, it's going to be weird."

" Dude, you really are a little girl. Just ask her out already. She's gonna be good for you. She's completely different than your past chicks. She's a real girl, you know?" Sean asked. Norman nodded.

XXXXXX

During the day, Silver had her make-up and hair done seven to eight times. She had her face and hair washed over and over again. They stuck her in a few different outfits and took several pictures of her with the different hair styles and make-up looks. Every look had to be sent out and approved by the studio. She was almost dizzy with the amount of attention she had received. Throughout everything she had received a few different texts from Sean and Norman because both knew how she felt when the attention was on her and they wanted to check up on her.

" Silver said they are finally letting her go." Norman said to Sean as they walked out to their cars at the end of the day. Sean was looking down at his phone and texting.

" Yeah, ah, if you are going to ask her out, you better do it soon." He said as he pulled out his keys. Norman looked at him quickly.

" What? Why?" He asked.

" Because she is going on a date tonight." Sean said.

" How the hell do you know that?" Norman snapped. Sean looked at his friend when they reached their cars.

" Because I asked her what she was doing tonight and she said she had a date. Later, buddy." He said as he got into his car.

XXXXXX

Norman and Mingus decided to go out for dinner. He hadn't texted Silver since they left the range. He was annoyed, annoyed with her and annoyed with himself. He was sure she liked him and couldn't understand why she was going out with someone. If she liked someone else, shouldn't she have told him? He was frowning as he opened the door to a diner and followed his son in.

They took a seat towards the front of the small place. He forced himself to relax as he smiled at something Mingus said. They ordered their dinner and were talking when a laugh he'd come to know pulled his head up. He looked over his son's head and his frown returned. She was sitting at a table in the back with a guy with brown hair. He was smiling at Silver while she was laughing.

The guy's arms were resting on the table top while hers were clasped together and on her lap. She was leaning towards him, laughing as he talked. He was grinning. She was on a date. Norman shook his head and dropped his eyes to his own table. He sighed then shook his head again. Had he fucked up? Had he waited too long and now his shot was gone?

Throughout dinner, he kept shooting looks towards her and the guy. They were still talking and seemed to be getting along well. Norman was wondering when she had time to meet someone. Everynight she was working at the bar, he and Sean had been showing up, most of the time staying until she was done working. On her nights off, she texted or talk to them a lot and always seemed to be home. She had never mentioned anything about being asked out or meeting someone. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice the couple coming towards him until it was too late.

" Hey TR." Silver's voice yanked his head up. The guy had his arm over her shoulders while one of hers was around his waist.

" Hey, Silver." Norman said. He put on his best smile. She brought her free hand up and touched the guy's stomach. Norman felt his eyes narrow slightly. He had the strongest urge to jump up and nail the guy in his smiling face. " What are you doing here?"

" I'm just having dinner with my brother." She said. A cold wave washed through him suddenly. He sat straight up and back, his arms dropping to his sides.

" Your brother?" He echoed. She patted the guy's stomach.

" Yeah. Jared, this is.." She started.

" Yeah, you don't have to introduce him." Jared said. He reached his right hand out. " It's so awesome to meet you." Norman grinned and shook his hand.

" It's awesome to meet you too." He said.

" Jared is a pilot and is here on a short overnight trip." Silver explained.

" Ah, this is Mingus, my son. Mingus, this is Silver. She is a new member of the Saints." Norman explained to his son. Mingus smiled and gave her a short wave before he turned back to his fries.

" Well, we have to head out. It's Michael Jackson night and I'm only allowed out for a few hours." Silver said.

" What is Michael Jackson night?" Norman asked. Silver laughed and rolled her eyes.

" Sam loves Michael Jackson so every Wednesday is Michael Jackson night. We either watch DVD's of his different concerts or Sam makes us do the Michael Jackson dance game for the Wii. It's crazy. Anyway, I will maybe see you guys tomorrow but I don't know. I have to have my measurements taken for clothes." She said. He smiled.

" Yeah, well, I'm not sure what we are doing but I will talk to you for sure." Norman said.

" It was nice to meet you." Her brother said. He was tall, standing about 6 ft. He had the same dark brown hair as Silver did. He had a neatly trimmed goatee and the same great smile.

" Yeah, it was nice to meet you too." Norman said before they walked away. He waited a few minutes before he glanced over his shoulder at her.

XXXXXX

Silver was leaning against their island, laughing as Winston, Sam, Nick and Jared danced to Pretty Young Things. She was taking a break from the game to get something to drink. Her roommates were scoring excellence on the game because they had all the moves memorized but her poor brother was failing. He was either to late on the moves or missing them completely. When her phone rang, she pulled it out of her back pocket.

" Hey." Her voice was laced with laughter and smiles when she answered it. Norman could hear the Michael Jackson music in the background.

" Hey, so I didn't know you had a brother." He said.

" Oh yeah, speaking of Jared, you should see him. He is horrible at this dance game."

" That's not fair!" He heard Jared call out. " I have never played this game before!"

" Do you dance?" Norman asked.

" Ah, yeah. I don't have a choice. Sam makes us all dance." Silver said. " Don't you dare tell Sunny or I swear on all that's holy, TR, I will have my revenge on you and it will hurt. I have the feeling he won't let me live it down." He laughed.

" No, he won't." He agreed. " So listen, I have my son until Monday morning so Monday night I want to take you out, like on a date." Silver stood up straight.

" Ah, can you hang on a second?" She asked as she started across the room.

" Yeah, sure." He said with a frown. The music grew louder as did her roommates and her brother's laughter or yelling. He pictured her walking past their living room. A few more seconds went by before everything got quiet then he heard her door shut.

" What do you mean?" She asked.

" What do you mean?" He echoed.

" Well what are you talking about?" Silver asked as she climbed onto her bed.

" I'm talking about taking you out, on a real date. A date where we both know it's a date." He said.

" Like a date date?" Silver asked, making him smile.

" Yeah, Silver. A date date. I sort of thought our lunch thing was a date, then when we went out Sunday night I thought it was a date but I was told you thought we were hanging out because we were friends and we are. But I'd like the chance to take you out on a date date and Monday is the soonest I can do it." Norman said.

" Ah, okay." She said. He smiled.

" Okay. So how about I pick you up at seven?" He asked. Silver fell back on her bed and squeezed her eyes shut.

" Yeah okay." She said as she started kicking her legs.

" Okay, well maybe I will see you tomorrow but if not, I will call and text you." He said. " Have fun dancing."

When they hung up, she checked her phone three times to make sure the call disconnected then she covered her face with her hands and screamed.

' You knew she was going out with her brother, didn't you?' Norman sent Sean.

' Yep. I thought it might push you into doing something, you fucking baby.' Sean answered.

' Thanks.' Norman texted.