Status: Please Review!

The Cast Mate

chapter 14

Thursday Sean and Norman were in trailers and she was at the firing range. They were having their measurements taken and test shots down. Silver had never fired a gun before and was nervous. She was going to be in the firing range the rest of the week, learning how to handle a gun and how to shoot. Friday and Saturday nights her band, named The Band, had shows again so her week and weekend flew by. She didn't get to see either boy but she still talked to them through texts and Norman called her after their day and sometimes during the evenings. After both Friday's and Saturday's shows he had texted her to ask her how they went. By Monday afternoon she was a nervous wreck.

" Winston, I need help." She whined as she walked into his room. She collapsed onto his bed.

" With what?" Winston asked from his desk. He was making a design for their new CD cover.

" What should I wear on my date?" He sighed and turned in his chair to face his friend. She turned onto her side as she looked at him. She had her head propped up on her right hand. " I don't want to ask Sam. He will just say something slutty." Winston smiled.

" He would." He stood up and started towards his bed. He reached down and grabbed his friend by her arm. He pulled her up and put his arm around her shoulders. " Come on, show me what you thinking."

Silver was standing in front of her mirror with Winston sitting on her bed. They had decided on her wearing faded jeans and a plain, dark blue tank top. She didn't know what they were doing but Norman had told her it was going to be casual and she was glad. She had been nervous he would take her some place fancy and then he would figure out how much of a loser she was. She would be completely lost in an upscale place.

When he came to pick her up, he strolled down hallway feeling nervous and excited. He hadn't seen her in almost a week because of their work schedules and him spending so much time with Mingus. They had been talking but he wanted to see her. Norman took a deep breath and knocked on her apartment door. There was some shouting and running coming from the other side of the door a second before Sam opened it with a smile.

" Sam!" Silver yelled as he slipped out into the hallway. He yanked the door shut.

" I got something for you." He said quickly.

" Sam!" Silver tugged on the door but Sam was stronger and wasn't letting her open it. He reached out his hand towards Norman who started to laugh when he saw what her friend had.

" Take it, man, please. And hide it! Don't let her know I gave it to you but she needs it." He said as Norman took the foil wrapped condom. " It's been a while for her. She needs to loosen up." Norman shook his head as he slipped it into his pocket. He had no intention of using it. Sex was the last thing they needed to do on the first date. When the condom slipped from sight, Sam let her open the door. Silver narrowed her eyes as she looked from one guy to the other. Norman put both hands in his pockets and smiled. Sam crossed his arms over his chest.

" What are you two talking about?" She asked.

" Nothing, right, Reedus?" Sam said as he shrugged.

" Right." He said. She shook her head.

" Something is going on between you two." She said.

" Alright, you got me. I was just telling him that he had to have you back by ten." Sam said. She looked unconvinced as she looked at Norman.

" What did he say?" She asked.

" Who cares, Silver?" Sam grabbed her arm yanked her into the hallway." Have fun." He smacked her hard on the ass then slammed their apartment door shut. She shook her head.

" I swear he thinks everything is a sporting event and we are all team mates. He is always hitting us on the ass." She said. Norman smiled.

" Come on. Let's go." He said. " I brought my bike." He said as they started walking.

" So I'm driving than?" She asked, making him laugh.

" I didn't bring it. I know better."

He took her to eat at a little diner. They sat in the back and talked like usual. She had been feeling nervous and was surprised at how easy things were flowing between the two of them. He was leaning forward with his arms either on the table or resting on his lap, while he listened to her talk. He asked her about her family.

" So you just have the one brother?" He asked.

" Yeah. Jared is two years older than me. Do you have any siblings?" Silver asked.

After they ate, she was surprised when he took her hand and led her outside. They decided to go for a walk. He interlaced their fingers together and made sure to walk close to her so their sides were touching. He had to lean his head down slightly to hear her when she talked because she was so much smaller then he was. They walked slowly and talked quietly together.

She asked him about the different places he had lived in and his family. He asked her about her favorite movies and things to eat. They took turns asking questions. Him, her, him, her, back and forth. By ten they made their way back to his truck and started off towards her apartment. They continued to talk about their lives and their past. He was comfortable with her and hoped she felt the same way.

" Hey, you need to use up what you won in the bet." Silver said as they rode the elevator up to her floor.

" Oh yeah?" He asked with a small laugh. He was still holding her hand.

" Well yeah, you can't just hold onto it forever. You're lucky I'm letting you have it. If you had played against one of the other three, they wouldn't let you." She said.

" So this is a one time deal than?" Norman asked when they reached her floor.

" Yep. I'm only letting you have it because you are new to our group and the group rules." She said.

" Do you remember what I said I wanted?" He asked as they walked down her hall.

" Ah, no, actually I don't. So I'm praying it has nothing to do with your bike." Silver said, making him smile.

" No, it doesn't. I won't do that to you. If you ever want another ride, you just tell me. I'm not going to push it."

" It's going to be a long time before I ask." Silver said.

" Did you have an accident on a bike or something?" Norman asked.

" No, I'm just scared. I always have been. Maybe I was killed by one in a former life." She said as she looked at him. He smiled and they stopped walking when they reached her door.

" Maybe so." He said as he started rubbing his chin with his free hand.

" It might explain it, you know. They say that if you have an irrational fear of something it's because you had a bad experience with it in a...." She never got to finish her sentience.

His hand came up and went into her hair quickly. He pulled her to him and kissed her before she realized it was happening. His goatee brushed against her chin and upper lip. He let go of her left hand and took a hold of her chin. Her hands went to his sides as she parted her lips. In a fluid motion his tongue moved into her mouth and twisted around hers. His hands tighten on her, with one still in her hair and the other on her chin. He tilted his head so they could make out better. He took a step towards her and they stood completely pressed against each other. His hand slipped from her chin to stroke her neck with his knuckles. Slowly they let it come to end but kept their foreheads pressed together and their eyes shut.

" Sorry, what where you saying?" He whispered. His tongue flicked out and over his bottom lip.

" When?" She whispered. He smiled and chuckled softly.

" I interrupted you." He said.

" It's okay." Silver assured him. " I don't mind." He pulled away, still keeping his smile.

" You were talking about having irrational fears." He said. Both his hands moved down to take a hold of her hands.

" Oh, yeah, well Winston says that if you have an irrational fear about something it's because you have experienced that thing in a negative way in a past life. So I'm scared of bikes because I was killed by one in a past life." She said. She shook her head and rolled her eyes. " Winston knows a lot of useless shit."

" And so you taught me something today. That can be my new learned thing for the day." He said, making her smile.

" Yeah, I guess it can be." She agreed.

" So I better go. What are you doing tomorrow?" Norman asked. He brought his left hand to her hair again. He tucked some of it behind her ear.

" Shooting range. I fucking suck at shooting. It's harder than I thought it was going to be and I have no aim. You?" She said.

" We are praciting fighting." He said. He took a hold of her hand again.

" Well I guess by the end of the week I'm supposed to work with Sean on that stuff." She said.

" I had a good time tonight." He said as he squeezed her hands. She smiled and nodded.

" Me too." She said.

" I'll see you or talk to you tomorrow." Norman quickly ducked his head and gave her a closed mouth kiss before they parted ways.