Status: Please Review!

The Cast Mate

chapter 25

Winston and Norman found Silver outside the club, sitting on a bench. They both hurried over to her with Winston reaching her first. He sat down beside her quickly and put his arm around her shoulder. Norman stood back a little ways because he wasn't sure if she was mad at him or not about the picture. He hadn't kept it. He had deleted it right away but he hadn't shown her or even told her about it. He watched as Winston pulled Silver against him. Her arms went around her roommate. She looked over Winston's shoulder and met Norman's eyes briefly before she closed her eyes and put her face into Winston shoulder.

" What happen?" Winston asked.

Silver pulled away and moved so Norman couldn't see her face. Her head was perfectly lined with Winston's. Her friend listened as she retold what she had heard. Norman put one of his hands against the back of his neck and looked away. He looked back to the club then at her again. He sighed and was torn with what he should do. He wanted to go to her but he didn't want a scene if she was mad. He wanted to see what damage she had done to Lauren because he had seen her fight in practice so he knew she could hit hard. After a few minutes, Winston and Silver got up, pulling his eyes to them. Silver hurried away as Winston came to him.

" So, she mad?" Norman asked.

" She's not happy. I'm going to take her home, clean up her hand a little. You might want to check on Lauren. Silver's pretty sure she hit her in the eye and not the mouth where she was aiming for." Winston said.

" Should I come over and talk to her?" Norman asked.

" I think if you want to explain why she didn't know about the picture and the dinner you should." Her friend said. Norman looked away and shook his head.

" I didn't know the girl was going to show up. It's not like I went out on a date or something." Norman said as he looked back at Winston.

" Hey, I'm just answering your questions. I got to go. I'll talk to you later." Winston said before he turned and started jogging in the direction Silver went. Norman shook his head and rubbed his neck harder.

" Fuck me." He muttered. He turned and walked slowly back into the club.

He walked through the club and to the bathrooms quickly. The door to the woman's bathroom was open and he could see Sean was holding a bag of ice to Lauren's face. Lauren was blowing up, crying and yelling. Sean shook his head and looked to his left. When he caught Norman's eyes, he shrugged and smiled. Then he looked back at Lauren and spoke quickly to her. Her hand came up and replaced his on the bag so he could join his friend. When Sean walked out of the bathroom, him and Norman moved over to the side.

" Is Silver okay?" He asked.

" I don't know. She left. I think she's pretty pissed at me for not telling her about Aurora." Norman said.

" Well, she fucked Lauren up but Lauren's not going to press charges or anything. After she told me what Silver heard, I told her she deserved it so she's pissed at me." Sean said. " I'm kind of surprised you didn't tell her about the picture and shit."

" Yeah well I didn't want her to get upset." Norman said.

" Yeah, that worked well." Sean said. " Listen, I need to get back in there with her and you need to settle this."

" This is not going to be fun." Norman said. Sean smiled and patted his friend's shoulder.

" You better remember your Boondock training and get ready to duck and weave, my man." He said with a laugh.

XXXXXX

Norman had tried to call Silver but he hadn't expected her to answer and she didn't. He sent her a coupld of texts as he drove but she didn't answer those either. His stomach was a mess and he didn't really know what he was going to say to her. The first fight in a relationship was tough. He didn't know how she was going to react. He put his hands in his pockets as he as he walked down her hallway with his head down. He opened her door at the same time Sam went rushing by.

" Oh, hey." Sam said when he stopped.

" Hey." Norman said.

" I'm going to get some ice for Silver's hand." Sam said.

" Did she break it?" He asked. Sam looked back towards the hallway then back at Norman.

" Nah, I don't think so. Winston and Nick are looking at it. It's bruising and a little swollen but I don't think she broke it. She's in the bathroom if you want to head in." Her friend said.

" Should I head in?" Norman asked. Sam nodded slowly.

" I think so, man. I think so." He said before he continued on his way to the kitchen. Norman sighed but started towards the bathroom.

" So let me get this straight. You just came out of the bathroom and cold cocked her?" He heard Nick ask.

" No. I mean, yes, well, no. I did say something to her first. I told her not to say hi to me." Silver said.

" And then you hit her?" Nick asked.

" Yeah. I was aiming for her mouth but got her eye and the side of her face instead. I texted Sunny and told him I was sorry but he told me not to worry about it. I gave her a black eye." Silver said. Norman sighed again and stepped into the bathroom. Silver was sitting on the toilet with Winston leaning against the sink. Nick was crouched down on her right side, inspecting her hand. She was watching him as he gently touched her knuckles.

" Well, I don't think you broke anything but you are pretty brusied up." Nick pressed against one of her knuckles. Silver yanked her hand away and frowned.

" That hurts, dick!" She hissed. Her eyes traveled up and met Norman's eyes. He shrugged.

" Hey." He said at the same time Sam came back into the bathroom.

" Here you go, Silvy." He had the ice wrapped up in a washcloth. " Just let hold the ice against your hand to help with the swelling." Nick glanced behind him to Norman then back at Silver. He started rubbing her leg, making Silver look at him.

' You want us to stay?' He mouthed to her. Silver frowned and looked back at Norman then at her friend. She shook her head once. Nick patted her leg then stood up.

" Well, we better go." He said. Winston put his hand on the back of her neck and leaned down. He kissed the top of her head.

" We'll be right in the living room." He said, making her nod.

" You want anything else?" Sam asked. Silver shook her head. Sam ruffled her hair, making Silver smile. He fixed it again before he and Winston walked out. Nick put his hand under her chin and tilted her head up.

" Four steps away." He said. Then he leaned down and kissed her left cheek.

" Thanks." Silver said as her friend turned his back towards her.

" Hey, man." Nick said when he passed Norman. He grabbed the door and shut it. Silver bit the inside of her lip and stared at the floor. Norman sighed and started towards her but she refused to look at him. He took his phone out of his pocket and leaned down when he reached her. He set it on her leg.

" You alright?" He asked.

" My hand fucking hurts." She said.

" Look, I should have told you about the picture and the dinner. But I didn't know she was going to come with us. Lauren and Aurora just showed up and trust me, I was pissed. I deleted the picture as soon as Lauren sent it to me." Norman started quickly. Silver shook her head.

" I don't care." She said.

" No. I was wrong. I want you to go through my phone so you know I'm not lying." Again Silver shook her head but he crouched down and tapped his phone against her leg. " Yes. Go through it, please. Read my messages to Lauren. Look at my pictures. All the pictures on my phone are of Mingus or you and me, or you or just random shit. I want you to check it."

He touched his screen and his background popped up. It was of her and Mingus. They were standing back to back with nerf guns up. Norman opened his pictures and all of them popped up. They were tiny but Silver could see that he was telling the truth. He tapped a picture to enlarge it then swept his finger across the screen to move through the pictures for her. Every picture was just as he said it was.

" You do't have to do this." Silver said softly.

" Yes I do. It will make us both feel better." His phone was still resting on her leg.

He closed his pictures down and moved to another menu on his phone. The background changed again. That menu's background was of them. It was a profile picture. Norman was sitting down with Silver against his back. Her arms were around his neck and their heads were together. Both were smiling. She remembered that day. She had run up behind him as he sat down. She jumped on his back, scaring him and making them both laugh. Sean had captured the moment and sent it to them both.

Norman clicked on his messages and pulled up Lauren's name. He scrolled through the messages quickly just to show her there was no picture then he slowed it down and started to read some of the messages to her. He should have been honest with Silver but hadn't thought it was going to be a big thing. He hadn't thought she'd ever find out and hadn't wanted to worry her.

' You need to stop pushing your friend on me. I'm staying with Silver.' One message said.

' Your friend is very pretty but I'm very happy with Silver.'

' Silver and I are content and happy.'

' I don't want anyone else.'

" Okay, stop." Silver said as she grabbed his wrist. She raised her eyes to meet his. " I get it."

" Do you?" Norman asked. " I should have told you but I didn't want you to worry or freak out. Your hung up on this you being just a regular girl and I'm an actor. I thought if you knew Lauren was trying to fix me up, you'd be upset. And you'd have every right to be. I'd be pretty pissed off if someone was trying to hook you up. If I found out someone sent you a picture of a half naked dude, then that dude showed up to dinner with you, I'd be pissed. I'd have some shit to say the person trying to fix my girlfriend up with someone else." Silver smiled and dropped her eyes. He was still crouched down in front of her.

" Is Sunny mad at me? He said he's not but is he?" She finally asked. Norman chuckled.

" No. He actually said good for you. He said you fucked her up pretty good but that he feels like you had the right to do it."

" Am I going to be in trouble?" Silver asked, looking at him again.

" No. Sean's not going to let her press charges." Silver sighed and nodded. He took his phone away and slipped it into his back pocket. " Let me see your hand." He carefully took the ice pack off her knuckles then shook his head. He took her hand in his before he looked at her again. " Did you take anything for the pain?"

" No." Silver said.

" You should take some Motrin then let's go to bed. It's been a long ass night." Norman said.

" I guess I don't have to worry about him bring her around me anymore." Norman laughed.

" No. I think she's going to be avoiding us both." He said. He smiled and took a hold of her chin. He moved forward and kissed her. " I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

First fight, done and over with. It went over easier then he thought it was going too. Later he was going to remember that and wish the other fights had blow over as easily.