Status: Please Review!

The Cast Mate

chapter 27

Everyone but Silver was sitting around the couches after dinner. She was washing up the plates while they talked. Norman watched her for a few minutes before he stood up. She was mad, he could tell. She hardly spoke to him during dinner. He had nudged her leg with his but she hadn't responded to him. He had even reached under the table and squeezed her knee but still got nothing from her. She ignored him and her roommates as they talked with Elizabeth. Silver's hands were deep in the soapy water when Norman's hands appeared on the counter beside her. He pushed himself into her back and placed a kiss against her shoulder.

" What's going on?" He asked softly.

" Just washing dishes." Silver said as he continued to rain soft kisses against her shoulder.

" Yeah, I can see that." He said.

" Then why did you ask?" She snapped softly.

" Don't be mad at me, Babe." He said. He reached forward and grabbed the towel sitting on the counter. Silver sighed as she let him take her hands out of the water. He turned the faucet on and rinsed off her hands before he wrapped them in the towel. Then he turned the water off and made her turn around. She was still drying her hands off when she met his eyes. He leaned down so their faces were close together. " Tell me you're annoyed with me." He said, placing his hands back on the counter. Silver sighed and looked away. " No, look at me when you say it." Silver shook her head and rolled her eyes but smiled slightly. She forced herself to frown when she looked back at him.

" Yeah, I'm annoyed with you." She admitted. Norman nodded.

" Okay, now tell me why." He said.

" Well, I can't believe you would be pissed because we were listening to music in my bed." They were keeping their voices low as they talked together. " It's stupid. It's just Nick. He's barely even a guy. Do you know that he once let me dress him up in a dress with full make-up and everything?"

" Can you see it from my point of view? He is a guy and in case you forget, I did see you kiss him."

" That wasn't real!" Silver defended.

" Was his tongue in your mouth?" Norman asked.

" TR, that's not fair." She knew she was whining but she couldn't help it.

" I'm sorry, Babe. It bothered me to see him beside you. If you were on the floor, I don't think it would have the same affect on me but having him in your bed, where I lay, where we do things that are private." He shook his head. " It bothered me. I'm sorry but it did, it does." Silver crossed her arms over her chest and sighed. They stared at each other for a few minutes before she shifted her weight to her right side and looked away.

" Alright. I get it." She admitted, making him smile. He brought his hand to her chin. He squeezed it as he made her look at him again. He stood up straight and stared down at her.

" I'm sorry it bothers me. I know he's your friend. I know you have lived with these guys for ten years. But I'm just a man whose girlfriend lives with three dudes who I know have seen you naked because they don't understand closed doors. I know that you have seen them naked. I have the right to get insecure every once and while. All three of them know you better than I do. They all know things about you that I don't. They have seen you move through life in ways I haven't." Norman shrugged as he started to rub her chin. " Maybe I'm a little intimated by them."

" You're intimated by them? That's funny." Silver said.

" Why? They know you so much better then I do."

" No. They just know me differently then you do. None of them know about the past with living with my mom, but you do. Yeah, they know what I was like in high school, but you want to know what I was like then? I was wild. I drank and smoked a lot of pot. What else is there to know? There are a lot of people in your life that know you better then I do. For fuck sakes, you had a baby with someone. I'm sure she knows you better then I do."

" And if you came into my place and found her in bed with me?" Norman asked while he continued to stroke her chin. Silver's mouth went tight and she looked away, making him smile. " You'd go Lauren on her ass, won't you?"

" Your point has been made." Silver said. He chuckled.

" I don't think it has. What would you do? I want to hear you say it." He was smiling as he teased her.

" I'm pretty sure I'd rip her straight out of bed and punch her right in the mouth. Then I'd have to punch you." She said as she looked at him, making him grin. " Right in the dick." He laughed then leaned down and gave her a closed mouth kiss. " Alright. No more in my bed." She said against his lips.

" Well, no more in your bed for them." He corrected. " But for me, it's fine." Then he closed his eyes and tilted his head to kiss her better. Silver parted her lips and he deepened it right away. Her hands came to his sides and he moved in closer to her until he was pushing her against the counter. After a few minutes, he pulled away and they took hands. " Do me a favor, when we walk pass them, don't tell them we are going to have make up sex. We don't know Elizabeth well enough to say that shit."

" Oh are we going to have make up sex? I didn't really consider this a fight. I was just more annoyed with you." Silver said, making him smile.

" Okay, then it's after annoyance sex." He said. Silver started to laugh and pushed him away from her slightly.

" Come on," She took his hand and started pulling him towards her room.

" You guys going to bed?" Sam asked.

" Yeah. We have to get up early. It was nice to meet you Elizabeth." Silver said. There was a chorus of goodnight before Norman and Silver disappeared into her room.

XXXXXX

Silver woke in the middle night and just stared at her ceiling. Norman was laying beside her on his stomach. He had his right arm across her stomach and had his face turned towards her. Silver sighed and knew there was no way she was going to be able to go back to sleep so she decided to get up and watch some TV until she was tired again. Silver carefully untangled herself from him then slipped from the bed. He sighed and turned his head away from her. She quickly got dressed and slipped from her room.

When she came out into the hallway, she heard the TV on and saw Nick sitting on the floor with his back against the couch. He smiled and gave her a short wave. Silver looked over at their clock and saw it was just past midnight. She pulled a blanket off one of the couches then moved to lay on her stomach on the couch facing the TV so she was by Nick.

" Can't sleep?" She asked.

" Nah. Elizabeth just left. I thought I'd watch some TV before I went to bed." He said. " You?"

" I was sleeping. I just woke up." Silver said. The two friends fell into silence quickly.

Norman woke up and reached for Silver. When he didn't find her, he turned over quickly. He frowned and sat up. He touched her side of the bed and found that it was cold. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. He slipped from the bed and threw on his sweats and a shirt he kept at her place then walked out of her room. He could see the light from the TV and followed it out to her living room. He stopped walking by one of the couches and frowned hard.

Silver was sleeping on her stomach on the other couch. Her face was turned towards the TV. Nick was laying on his back on the floor right below her. Her left arm was hanging off the couch with her fingers just touching Nick's chest. Nick's hands were resting against his stomach. Norman walked over to the couch and adjust the blanket on her but didn't wake her up. He was annoyed but didn't want to start a fight at two in the morning. He stared down hard at the two friends then turned and went back to her room.

The next time Silver woke up it was three in the morning. She pushed herself up on her knees and looked around in confusion. She sighed and stepped off the couch, being careful not to step on her friend. She tossed her blanket down on top of him then had her way back to her room. She hadn't even realized she had fallen asleep.

Norman heard the door to her room open then closed. He wasn't facing her door and didn't move as she climbed into bed beside him. She sighed and moved over to him. She nestled her face into his back but still he didn't more. She brought her legs against his then nestled into the bed. He waited a few minutes for her to notice that he was dressed but she was asleep within minutes of laying down.