Status: Please Review!

The Cast Mate

chapter 32

" How can we do this?" Norman asked. He was sitting at their dining room table with a beer in between his hands. Winston was sitting across from him with Sam pacing and Nick at the head of the table.

" I don't know why we are getting involved. She would kill us if she knew we were plotting with him." Winston said. " Sorry, Dude, but you broke her heart and acted like a dick. I mean, she just about drank herself into a coma with Sam because of this guy and here we are with him."

" I get it," Norman started. " I do. But I want to make it up to her."

" See it's not just her that you upset. Seeing one of my best friends that upset, it sort of pisses me off." Winston said, tapping his fingers against the table.

" Look, let's just help him with this and let her make up her mind. We all know Silver is strong. She doesn't let her heart control her. Let's help him to at least get her to talk to him. She decides she doesn't want him anymore, then at least we all know." Sam said.

" That's all I really want. I mean, I want her back but I really just need to explain things to her. If I don't do anything, I'm always going to regret it. If she rejects me after hearing me, then I can accept that. It's going to hurt but I can accept it." Norman said.

" We should go and get a bunch of flowers then shred all the petals. Reedus can make a line of petals from the door to her room then spread out the petals all over her bed." Sam said. Winston was frowning and shaking his head. Nick looked at Sam in disgust.

" Do you even know Silver? She would not like that." He said.

" I'd like it if someone did that for me." Sam muttered as he moved to sit by Winston.

" That's because you're a chick." Winston said.

" Guys, focus, please. What am I going to do?" Norman asked.

" Well, you could just......" Nick started.

XXXXXX

Silver walked into her apartment, shaking her head. She was tired and just wanted to bury herself in her bed. She shut the door, hung her bag up and started towards her room. It was late and she was grateful her roommates were in bed already. She loved her boys but they had been going over board with her. Sam was hugging her all the time, Winston was making her drinks and bring her food, Nick was always trying to cheer her up. She just needed a break from everything.

Silver sighed when she walked into her room. She closed her bedroom door then put her back against it. She slipped down to the floor and bent her knees. Silver let her arms come to rest against them while she stared at her floor. She shook her head and sighed. She had 20 interviews she was signed up to do with Norman and Sean and she wasn't sure how she was going to get through them.

" This fucking sucks." She whispered to herself. She tilted her head and pushed away from her door when she noticed movement under her bed. She crawled forward and yanked up the bottom of her blankets. " Sam! What the hell are you doing under my bed?" She snapped.

" Ah, I was....looking for something." Her friend said as he started to crawl out. Silver shook her head and stood up.

" For what?" She asked.

" Ah.....ah....." Sam had never been a fast thinker. Silver put her hands on her hips and shook her head as she waited.

" Ah....ah....what?" She snapped. Sam looked towards her closet, making Silver look, then he looked at her bed, making Silver turn and look.

" What is that?" She said with a frown. She reached down and snatched up the note sitting on her pillow.

" It's from Reedus! He's in your closet!" Sam blurted out.

" What!" Silver asked. Her closet door slid open and Norman stepped out.

" What the hell, Dude?" He asked with a frown.

" What is going on?" Silver asked.

" I just wanted to see this play out." Sam defended.

" What play out?" Silver asked as her bedroom door opened.

" I knew we should have locked him in his room." Winston said, walking in.

" What is going on?" Silver asked.

" Come on! You know I'm a romantic at heart. I just wanted to see them patch things up." Sam said.

" And what if they started having sex?" Nick asked as he walked in.

" Who's having sex?" Silver asked, looking from one guy to the next.

" Well I hadn't thought about that." Sam said.

" You should have. You would have had to stay under there and listen to them. Nasty." Winston said as he shook his shoulders.

" That's disgusting. There is something wrong with you, Sam." Nick said with a frown and a shake of his head.

" Silver," Norman started.

" Will someone tell me what is going on?" Silver asked.

" There is nothing wrong with me! I like happy endings!" Sam snapped.

" Well this plan was ruined." Winston said. " I'm going to bed." Without another word, he turned and left her room.

" Silver," Norman started again from his spot at the end of her bed.

" What plan?" Silver asked.

" It's not ruined. Reedus could just get back into the closet and she could read the letter like this didn't happen." Sam said.

" Enough!" Silver yelled, making Nick, Sam, and Norman look at her at the same time. Winston's head popped out his room. " Someone tell me what the fuck is going on!" Nick grabbed Sam's arm.

" This is were we leave." He said, dragging him from her room and closing her door. Silver gave Norman her back and sank down onto her bed, holding his note in her hand.

" Silver." He said for the third time. She closed her eyes and shook her head.

" What do you want from me, Norman?" She asked. He frowned hard. He hated to hear his name coming from her because the few times she said it, she had been upset with him.

" I just want you to hear me out." He said, not moving from his spot.

" Look, I'm really tired and I'm sure I'm still hung over from the other night. I just want to go to sleep." She said. She heard him moving a second before she felt him sit down beside her.

" I wrote everything down. Everything I'm thinking about. I wanted you to read it then I was going to surprise you by coming out of your closet." He said softly. Silver sighed and opened her eyes.

" I would have freaked and thrown something at you." She said when she looked at him. Norman smiled and nodded.

" Yeah, I figured that much so I was duck and weave as soon as I came out." He said. Silver laughed and looked away again. Norman took a deep breath and took her hand. He was surprised when she interlaced their fingers. He started squeezing her hand. " I'm going to go. You read what I wrote and call me later, either tonight or tomorrow, okay?" He asked. She rubbed her lips together but nodded. Norman leaned down and kissed her cheek. " Call me." He whispered. He pulled away, brought her hand to his lips, kissed her knuckles then let her go. He stood up and walked out of her room without another word.