Status: Please Review!

The Cast Mate

Chapter 7

After the introductions were made they settled into the apartment. They ordered dinner and talked together while they waited for it. After dinner they moved to the living room. Sean and Norman were sitting on the couch facing the TV. Winston was to Norman's left with the door to his back. Nick was on Sean's right with the double doors to his back. Silver was sitting on the floor, across from Norman. They were all playing cards. Sam had went downstairs to get his blanket. When he brought it up and put it in his room, he made his way back to Silver. He sat down half beside her and half behind her. He rested his chin on her right shoulder. Norman looked over his cards at them.

" Play that card." Sam said softly as he pointed to one of her cards.

" Yeah?" She asked when she looked at him. He smiled and nodded.

" Yeah." He said. She smiled. Sam pulled his head away so he could bumped her forehead with his. " I'm sorry." Sliver laughed.

" Yeah, you are."

" Still love me?" Sam asked. Silver looked back at her cards.

" I don't know why but I do." She said.

" I'll buy you some sheets and pillows tomorrow." He said. Silver smiled. They were speaking low and quietly to each other. " Alright!" Sam said, clapping his hands together. " Let's do some shots!" He jumped up and started towards their open kitchen. " I bet you guys Silver can drink you under the table."

" No way." Sean said. " Well, she might be able to drink me under the table, but not old Norm here. He's a drinking champ." Silver's eyes came to Norman who smiled.

" You want to make a bet?" She asked.

" Yeah, I'll bet." Norman said.

" Okay, we will play a drinking game called Hour of Power. Have you ever heard of it?" She asked. He shook his head as Sam joined then with shot glasses and a big bottle of Southern Comfort. " It's easy. We will both take one shot a minute until one of us gives up. Sounds easy but it's not because pretty soon those minutes come faster and faster." She said.

" Silver is the queen of this game." Nick filled in. " You sure you want to do this?"

" I'm in." Norman said as he nodded.

" Okay, if I win you have to pick me up for work everyday for a week." Silver said. He smiled again.

" If I win, you have to take a ride on my bike with me." Silver paled slightly and narrowed her eyes.

" You're on." They reached across the table and shook hands. " Pour them up, Sam."

Sam watched the clock, letting them know when it was time to drink. They would click shot glasses together then down them quickly. By the 6th shot, Norman was looking at her for any signs she might be getting drunk. She was a tiny girl so he didn't really think it would take much. By the nineth shot his head was starting to spin but she looked completely fine. They had had a couple beers before the shots started so he was starting to feel everything. He rubbed his eyes and shook his head.

" Doing okay there, TR?" Silver asked. He dropped his hand and smiled at her.

" I'm doing alright. You?" He asked. She smiled and laughed.

" I'm great. I'm thinking about how much money I'm going to save on gas." He laughed and nodded.

" We will see about that." He said. By the 15th shot he was done and he knew it. Sam was pouring their 16th shot when Norman shook his head. " I'm done. I'm fucking done." The roommates cheered while Sean laughed. Silver leaned across the coffee table and smiled.

" I won." She said. He leaned forward, trying not to fall forward and look stupid.

" How the hell are you not swaying? You're tinier than me." He asked. Sean stood up followed by the roommates. He started shaking their hands. He and Norman had come together. Goodbyes were being exchanged.

" Ah, because I'm fucking awesome." Silver said. She noticed that his eyes slipped down to her mouth.

" Yeah, you are." He agreed. Her breath caught when his tongue flicked out and over his bottom lip while he stared at her mouth.

" Come on there, Reedus. Time to go." Sean grabbed a hold of his arm and pulled him to stand. Silver sat back.

" See you in the morning, TR!" She said. She was feeling stunned. Was he checking out her mouth while licking his lips? Did he want to kiss her......maybe?