Status: this story is completed

A Boy and a Girl

a boy and a girl

A girl full of hope and joy was sitting on her bed waiting for the time to pass. She tapped her foot and looked at th eclock once again with a smile on her face. He heart nearly stopped when it registered in her mind that it was time. She got up from her bed, put on her warm, black coat and grabbed her favorite boots. The excited girl slowly opened her bedroom door and crept past her parents room. She almost laughed out loud with excitment when she reached the back door but contained herself. She slipped quietly outside where she pulled her boots on. With the street lamps lighting the way she started down the long road , a smile still present on her glowing face. Even with darkness surounding her and shadows jumping in front of her on the road, the girl remained fearless of the night. She was getting close to their spot and her heart started beating faster. She could now see the tree which they often laid under and when she got closer she could make out the figure of the boy she had come to see, the boy she loved.

A boy, almost a man, full of strength and confidence quickly grabbed his jacket and hoped she didn't leave early. He feared her standing alone in the darkness, waiting. He shoved his feet into his shoes and raced down the stairs. He passed by his dad and told him he was leaving then ran out the front door. When the tree came into sight he calmed a bit and once again hoped she hadn't left early. As he got closer the boy was releaved to find that she hadn't been waiting for him alone in the darkness. He took a deep breath but it caught in his throat when he saw her walking towards him. The boy ran a hand through his hair and straghtend his shirt.

For a second they stood there smiling at each other and looking each other over as if they hadn't seen each other the day before. Then the girl let out a small laugh and shook her head at their strange behavior. After that they sat down at the base of their tree. Sometimes they would speak but mostly, they just laid together in the grass looking up at the stars.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it!