‹ Prequel: Symbols of Strength
Status: Finished, sorta. Just have to post it all.

At First Lyght

Part 6 - Fin

        After Leo and Fyra were brought home safely to the HQ and nursed back to health, Fyra gave Leo such a scolding his head started to ache afterwards.
“I absolutely cannot believe you disobeyed a direct order!  I am supposed to be—not only your superior—but your advisor and councilor as well.  You should not have returned to that place; only given directions to the dispatch team you found to rescue me.  You were so reckless and disobedient and rash and foolish—I ought to have you kicked out of the Partisans and permanently banned for your actions.”  She paced back and forth as she yelled at him, quoting this rule and that as her reprimand went on for at least twenty minutes.

Leo would fervently disagree and say it was at least an hour.
“I do not want you to, under any circumstances, ever do that again.  It was unwise and stupid, do you understand, Leo?”  His head was down as he replied.

“Yes ma’am… I apologize for savin’ ya life.  It won’t happen again, promise.”  She turned on him angrily, but reluctantly relented.

“Just… be more careful, okay?  It would make me look bad if I allowed my first recruit to die.”
Leo’s face was a mask of shock.  “I’m your first?  Can’t be.  I  keep hearing everyone talk about the boy you let die, or whatever.  Wasn’t he your student?”  Fyra’s expression quickly told him that it wasn’t a topic she was willing to discuss, so he hurriedly changed the subject.

“I’m sorry, I ain’t had a clue.  Anyways, I’ll try to be more careful next time, okay?  I swear it.”
Fyra patted him on the head softly and sat down next to him.
“You better, Leo… you better.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This may only be a temporary ending, as I have a lot of directions I can take this. i just won't for now--I'm going to force myself to wait.