Lies Whispered From the Past

Party!

" Oh, you look gorgeous." Cassie gushed to Shaunika. She graced a short, strapless and black mini-dress she purchased from Macy's. Shaunika looked truly amazing for Simone's Sweet Sixteen.
" So do you, you just wont admit it." Shaunika replied. Cassie wore a fitted, incredibly short, hot red dress, with her hair curled and swept to the side. She painted all her nails red, rocked red wedges, and even wore red hoop earrings to mark this occassion. Red was Kiki's favorite color. She'd talked about attending the party for weeks, and died just before her dream could come true. It would've been her first year attending, since the Fest had an age requirement. Cassie felt as though it was her own personal memorial to her.
" What about me?" Kyla asked, spinning around. She wore a seafoam green dress that came up mid-thigh. She wore matching flats, and she tied a feather to her earrings. She was always outlandish with her fashion choices, but she also always made it a little subtle.
" You're a ten." Cassie said, truly meaning it.
" Are you guys sure this will work?" Zoe hopped out of Cassie's bathroom. She was the only one of them whose dress didn't go past her knees. Her pretty purple dress was fitted on top, but flared out at the bottom. She chipped into her personal savings in order to purchase the dress during the girl's shopping trip to the mall. She also managed to convince a senior, Ashley Canning, to swap her the ticket if Kyla did her homework the rest of the month. A fair trade.
All Zoe had to do was tell her mom she was sleeping over at Cassie's, and pray Cassie's parents wouldn't tell her mom she went to the Fest.
" Positive." Shaunika said. Then, Cassie's mom burst in.
" Oh, you girls look so lovely." Lisa proclaimed.
" Especially my little girl." Joesph chimed in.
" Dad, stop." Cassie ducked toward her pillow.
" We just came to tell you Tristan is taking the company car to the Fest. You girls can go with him, and we'll take the Mercedes." Lisa explained.
" Can we take a picture of you girls?" Joesph asked.
Without waiting for a response, he took out his camera and snapped two photos. Thank God all the girls we smiling due to the fact they were going to the Fest in a Range Rover.

Hector put in him contacts, patted his hair, and adjusted his tie. He looked decent overall. His lack of glasses made him look much better, and his suit looked sharp. He took off major points because he looked like a seventh grader trying too hard to appear as though he's in high school. We wasn't even going to go to the Fest, but his mother decided to attend and help out. She wasn't fixing to leave him home alone, so he had to go.
He pulled out his Art Club membership card, because he knew the bouncer would never believe he was fiftteen without identification, even if he had the ticket.
" You don't have a date? What about that hot girl who used to hang out with you so much? She was sexy. All the guys would be jealous." His mother called out. His stomach churned. Cassie was probably going with another guy, looking gorgeous as she always did. He couldn't believe he was stupid enough to let her go.
" Who did you think I fell out with?"
" Sorry, I forgot. That cop hasn't spoken with us since your arrest."
She walked into his room. She looked beautiful. Her dark dress fitted her perfect body, not one lump. Her near waist length hair was perfectly curled and bouncy. Her dress showed a bunch of clevage, and it was so short it barely covered her rump. Hector couldn't help but think how such a woman could give birth to him. His father must've paid his mother to sleep with him.
" Well don't you look handsome."
" You also look nice. Mom, are you sure it's a good idea for me to go?"
" Frankly, we don't have much of a choice. I'm meeting with McCallahan, and I can't leave you alone with the risk of someone coming in and attacking you. Just stick within my sight. Things will be fine."

And he knew she was wrong.

Tristan arrived at the club the mayor had rented out. It was ritzy and flashy, and the inside looked much more fun. Cassie and her friends hopped out of the Range Rover, looking in awe.
" Got your tickets, girls?" The really tall, athletic one, Shaunika, asked.
" Hell yeah!" The rest of them replied and jumped excitedly into the entrance.
They flashed their tickets to the bouncer. He couldn't be younger than 24. Cassie was the last to walked in, and the guy stared lustfully at her backside as she walked on in. Anger boiled inside of Tristan, he was so tempted to run outside throw a punch. But he relaxed, telling himself it's not worth it, and drove away to park the Rover.

Nikki and Chelsea looked around the club, trying to find some eye candy. Now that Chelsea dumped Lucas, they were both single and on the prowl. Nikki spotted Tristan, looking amazing in Armani. He really dressed to the nines. The girls were back to swooning over him, and he had much respect from the guys, all because he took Byron's spot on the basketball team. She kept eyeing him, and despite all the crap they've been through, all the nasty things said, he eyed her back.
" He's a hot shot again. Go for it." Chrlsea gave her a playful shove.
" You think so?"
" You outcasted him. You also have the power to take him back to the top. I think you know what to do."
Nikki decided to make her way over to him. He was chatting it up with Chris and Lucas.
" Damn Nikki, you be looking fine." Chris hollered at her, adjusting his cheesy tie.
" Chris, always on point." Lucas responded.
" I wish I could say the same about you guys. Now scram. Trist and I need to talk alone."
" Okay, just make your way back to me baby." Chris began to stroll off.
" Don't hold your breath." Nikki called back.
It turned out publicly dumping Byron was the best thing she ever done in terms of her dating life. Her inbox was constantly flooding with admirers asking for a date or a simple hookup. The guys in her classes, especially Byron's old friends and basketball teammates, were more open to flirting with her and complimenting her. It was a new rush, a new freedom. Now she could pick and choose who'd she want to kick it with, and who she could kick to the curb. And they always came back for more, trying harder to get at her. She hadn't had this much attention in her life. She guessed that it was the first time she was on the market in three years, and guys wanted to jump on that quick, because someone with her looks would be taken just as quickly again. " Hey, baby girl." He said in a soft voice.
" Hey, look, I just wanted to apologize for everything. I've been going through some things you can't even believe."
" I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have kept on mixing up the signals."
" Well, Felicia's dropped out of school, Byron's getting his GED, he's been bragging nonstop on Facebook. Nothing's in our way."
" Yeah, and hey, I'm real sorry about your cousin. That must be painful for you."
" You know, as much as I love Kiki, and miss her everyday, I came here to get several things off my mind. I came to have fun, not to think of the horrific bloodbath this whole year has been. I mean, senior year is suppose to be the best year of your life."
" I hear that. Atleast we've got each other. And there is no other girl finer than you. Felicia was just a trashy slut."
" Now thats something we can agree with. Wanna hit the dancefloor?"
" Damn straight."
Tristan took Nikki's hand and lead the way. Many guys and girls looked shocked and jealous, seeing how the two hottest singles in the school found each other. It was a long way coming, but somehow, Nikki knew something like this would happen. She knew she and Byron wouldn't last forever, but she clinged to the relationship. All that did was cause her misery. Maybe this was fate. Maybe it was just how things were suppose to be, but one thing's for sure.

It felt right.