Status: WIP

Is This Love?

The Morning After

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuck. Fucking fuck. Sleeping with your boss, well done Felix, really, it’s great. Now in my eight years of being… sexual active, I can be proud to say I haven’t slept with my boss until now, and honestly I don’t know the correct way to go about this new development.

Well it turned out this was something I didn’t need to worry about since Ezra slipped out of bed, stretched and very calmly said, “you should start getting ready Mr. Wilde, you’ll be late for work and we wouldn’t want that.” That smug bastard. He flashed me a wink and turned, sashaying his hips as he went. That’s when I noticed the light purple hand marks decorating his pale skin; it was oddly beautiful in a way.

I waited until the door closed behind him before I slipped out of the warmth of the bed, shivering slightly when the cold air hit me. I slipped on my clothes quickly, briefly touching the marks scattered over my skin, catching the vivid purple one lying just under my jaw line. I swear he placed that one just to mess with me at work.

Just as I thought I got a mixture of wolf whistles and disapproving looks, well look. The look being from Connor. He worries how often I and Tom go out, he worries with how many people I sleep with, with how many people invite back to mine or go back to theirs. One of these days he thinks I’m going to get hurt, hurt in a way that he won’t be able to fix me afterwards. I wish he could just understand that I’m old enough to protect myself and know more than anyone what my body can and can’t do.

“Nice hickey Fe, tell me did you even wash today?” Daniel’s snarky remark came from where he was going over paperwork.

“I’m surprised you can even sit comfortably, given how blue your balls are,” I returned with a small smirk while I made my way to my office. It was no secret that Daniel’s mysterious fiancé, that none of us have met, is saving herself until marriage. I find it rather adorable that someone out there still holds themselves to the old traditional way, that or she is completely opposed to sleeping with Danny. That I can’t blame her for, he was to be the opposite of Viagra.

Walking into my office I’m greeted by the strong smell of coffee and a rather bashful looking Flame, “I thought you might like this,” he says softly, his cheeks blushing slightly.

“You absolute angel!” I praised, moving quickly around him grabbing the presented coffee, blowing on it sharply before taking a large gulp. I shifted so I was sitting on top of my desk, facing him. “So what you fancy doing today?” I ask.

Kid blinked in surprise, opening his mouth a few times. It had to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen, which served as another reminder as to why I set my sights on him when he came rushing in. “Aren’t you meant to tell me what to do?”

I shrugged in response, “probably, but I’m hungover as fuck. Really, never go partying with Tom for all of the weekend, it sounds awesome but right now I feel like I’m dying. So you’ve got a few options,” I begin slowly, reaching over the list that had been placed my desk. “You can do your first piece, now I can’t say it will get published but you know, experience and all.” I glance over the list choosing what I think are in his range to do. “Right well, you can do… a review of Linkin Park’s new album if you’ve heard it, um… live review of this band Wolfbane... really Wolfbane that’s their name? They’re playing tonight and you can choose anyone from the office to go with you and shadow for that piece… or… talk to Ez and go through the mail we get sent in and choose which to put in the mag.” I finish off, looking up at him now to see what takes his fancy. I know the list I gave him was different to what he might be expecting but getting practice is important and unless his writing is fantastic it won’t even get considered at all.

He shuffled his feet, rocking back and forth slightly before clearly making up his mind. “Um that gig review sounds good, I’ve heard of the band before; I think they’re local and trying to make it,” he says catching my eye. I give him a nod which seems to increase his confidence a bit, “so um, could you come with me to that? I sort of see you as a mentor… now that sounds totally lame, sorry.”

A light chuckle escaped my lips as I slipped off the desk, placing the cup of coffee to the side. I placed a hand on his shoulder and gave it a light squeeze, “it’s good that you think of me as your mentor Kid, you need someone to look out for you while you’re here. Right the concert doors don’t open seven so I’ll pick you up at seven from wherever it is you live.”

His eyes seemed to widen at that, a slight panic look in his eyes. “No, no, not there,” he rambled out quickly, making my hand automatically tighten from where it was resting on his shoulder. “I mean, it’s awkward to get to and the road doesn’t led off right, plus all the houses look the same and it would take too long to figure out what house is mine.”

I sigh and just nod, letting go of his shoulder, I knew the kid was lying since not once when he was talking did he look me in the eyes but I had to let it go. “Sure kid, it’s an awkward street. Which would be better for you?”

I managed to avoid Ez for the rest of the day and his little lap dog Vincent, I know it was childish changing the time I had lunch so I wouldn’t accidentally cross his path, having Flame hand in things to Ezra for me instead of doing it myself. Yet the image of his bare pale skin was all I could think about if I caught a slightly glance of him. I worked hard to get this job, I separated from my family and I wasn’t ready for a stupid mistake like Sunday night ruin that. I know I got some judging looks from Hailee, who beats all of them for her ability to look at me like that, but I couldn’t care less of what she thought, or any of them thought, the only thing I was slightly scared of was the repercussions of my actions.

Soon enough though it was time for the concert, and more importantly a time for a shower. Getting rid of the grime from the weekend and scrubbing away any remains of Ezra’s skin against mine, I finally felt refreshed and more relaxed.

The place where Flame wanted me to pick him up and drop him off after the concert was his university campus, which was obvious enough I suppose. If he was fine with me picking him up here, clearly he was living at home and being ashamed of your home life is something I can relate to. I thought the drive to the venue would be awkward but his obsessive talking over the band and how long it had been since he had been to a gig filled the entire journey. The need to remind him that we were here for work went the moment his eyes lit up over the sight of the venue. So, instead, I just handed him his pass, place my hand on the small of his back and led him inside and to our box where we would watch the rest of the show.

To me they were nothing special, just a crappy band trying to make it by peacocking ideas of bands before them, trying to ride on a wave that left in the 80s. They relied on moves done by rock stars before them, spinning out the same generic lines just to get the crowd going. Luckily for my sanity and the safety of my ears they won’t be around for long. The difference between a home crowd and a normal crowd is with a home crowd they are just grateful for seeing someone local perform. The need to be won over isn’t there, since numerous people in the crowd are friends with the band or has connections some way or another. No the better performance of the whole night was Flame. Flame’s dancing. Flame’s atrocious singing. Flame’s wild excitement of letting himself go and enjoying a night out.

The rest of the set I managed to drown out now I had enough to do my own review of the night, it was clear that Flame’s would be no good given the bias he had for them. This was obvious the minute we were making our way out of the venue giving his fast paced feedback.

“Did you hear them Felix? Did you really hear them?! The energy! Oh my god and when Allan back flipped just before the beginning of the rift you knew, you just knew that it was about to break down. And Spoke’s drumming, incredible; he could honestly give Travis Barker a run for his money. You know when I first ever heard them? I was 16. 16! And now I finally got to see them! Not just see them, but feel them, feel their passion.” He rambled, his hands making quick gestures, almost poking me in the face as he went.

Finally having enough of his constant talking a caught hold of his hands, stopping them from fly around inadvertently making me stand closer than normal. I stared down at his face, his blown blue eyes, his mouth slightly parted as he caught his breath from his ramble, his hair sticking up at random angles from where his fingers had been running through it and slightly damp from the sweat. He looked absolutely gorgeous and I guess that’s why I did what I did. I guess that’s why I went from staring down at him, to kissing him hard on the mouth. My hands dropping from where they were holding his, instead cupping the back of his neck and fishing an arm around his waist to draw him closer. My brain finally caught up with what I was doing, about to make pull away when I heard a small moan escape his lips and the feel of his lips kissing me back.