Status: Sorry for the english! | On hiatus

Somebody that I used to know.

Now and then I think of when we were together…

Maci POV

The drops were hitting the window of my house, it was a rainy but beautiful February despite the few degrees that were outside and the cold wind through the streets of Huntington Beach.

Today is my birthday. For some people, this is something special, something good. For me, it was just another number, another Monday.

"Come on Mace, every year is the same! You have to leave your room once, you don't have 21 years forever! "Cam said vibrant jumping next to me.

Camila is my best friend, my other half. We met when we were 9 years in elementary school, ever since, we become totally inseparable. She is the sister I never had.

"Don't bother me Camila, I just want to die." I said groaning and putting the blanket over my head once again.

"Stop overreacting, its not doomsday you idiot." She said patting my head and trying to understand what was happening. The truth is she couldn't understand what was I going through, no one could.

"Come on, get up, get dress, and we'll go to Starbucks for breakfast." She said pulling back my blanket. I returned to growl as denial. I didn't want to, I didn't want to move, all I wanted to do was be lying in bed.

"Maci, are you fucking serious? I'm tired of this shit" Cam said, standing next to the bed "If you don't get up, get dressed and go with me, I'll call you-know-who and I'll tell him how bad are you going" she said in a threatening manner

"You wouldn't," I said, taking out the head from under the pillows and shooting a dirty look.

"You're making me" She said pulling the phone out of her pocket, looking for a contact.

"You're not capable" I said confident that she wouldn't do it, but my voice failed me and broke. She twisted her mouth trying to hide a laugh.

And when she seemed to find what she was looking, she approached the phone up to my face, showing me the screen name that clearly said: Alan, his number (that I never forget) and down a green square indicating if she wanted to call.

"Try me" She said with defiant voice, I couldn't risk. I didn't want him to know that I was still suffering when apparently he had no problems with moving on with his life. I wouldn't be the one that couldn't get over it and move on. I could, I was sure of it, all I needed was time.

"Fuck! Okay," I said, getting up quickly "You win, but get that shit away from my face!" I protested as I stood up slowly and lazily from my comfortable bed. I walked a few steps and checked what to wear, a pair of leggings, a sweater and boots would be fine, I thought.

"I'll wait downstairs while you take a shower!" She said cheerful. I didn't want go out, I didn't want to see anyone. I did not want to. So difficult was to understand!?

After a 15 minutes shower, washing my teeth, dry my hair and put some makeup I was ready to go down. I took my glasses, my phone and my purse and went downstairs to find my jacket

With the look I sought Cam, I didn't find her. I looked around the kitchen, the living room... Nothing. I glanced at the the patio door and I noticed the rain had stopped and Cam was on the phone and laughing. Tino was the cause of that smile, of course.

I actually smiled for the first time in the month, because I was happy that at least one of us was fine, happy and in love. I was happy for my best friend. I turned to find the car keys when I heard the back door open, a sign that Cam was back.

"It's freezing outside" She said rubbing her arms to stay warm.

"Anyway, Ready?" She asked so excited as ever and showing her perfect smile.

"Lets go ray of sunshine!" I said laughing and taking the car keys ready to leave.

Camila POV

We ran into the car like little girls, no because the rain, cause it had stopped, but it was freezing and thats what we always do, or rather did.

I hate to see Maci like this, she's my best friend, and see her suffer for a fucker like Alan drives me nuts. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Alan but sometimes he behaves like a piece of shit and I can't take it. Apparently he moved on very (too much for my taste) fast. I mean, three months and he had a new girl after being with his ex almost two years!? Are you shitting me!? Of course, I couldn't tell Maci this because she was still bad for their break and this could turn out to be totally devastating for her. So I take her to Starbucks today to clear her mind of everything. Besides, it was his 21st birthday, is the least I can do.

I turned on the radio looking for a decent station, and suddenly Million Dollar Houses by Pierce The Veil started playing. I looked her knowingly and we started singing...

"Maybe we're meant to lose the ones we love, but I'll fight for you till then. And if they stole you from me, on my arm there's a tattoo of your name. I've broken bones for you, and for you only. I make money, but fuck money we want love. Give me your heart and your hand and we can run!"

For songs like this I love my brothers. I'm so proud of them. They are my role models and I really don't know what I would do without them. It's hard enough to have them away when they're on tour, we are a close family, you know?

Starbucks was near so the trip was not as long. But for my luck the place was full just as I planned. I told Maci that I would go to search for a table, and she accepted without protest which was a relief because that way I could finish my wonderful plan .

I went quickly towards the farthest tables seeing those faces that I could recognize anywhere and I sat next to Tino, but not before greeting them one by one. There were all the boys from PTV and OM&M except for Alan, of course.

"You think she knows?" Austin asked and laughed.

"Who do you think you're talking with? Am an expert. Of course she doesn't know" I said laughing.

"You think we should tell her now...?" Vic said, I interrupted him knowing what he meant.

"Yes, I do, I mean. She can't avoid him forever right? " I said playing with Tino's fingers.

"You're right," they said in unison.

I felt my pocket vibrate, It was a text from Maci, I knew it. I let Tino's hand to unlock the screen and I was right.

'Dude, where the fuck r you?'

I quickly respond. She will pee in her pants I thought.

'In the back tables boo'

I glanced at the direction where I knew that she will come close, expecting to see her appear anytime. When she turned, we all stood and shouted in unison: Happy Birthday! I could see her look of surprise and joy, I missed to see her happy. The kind of happiness that flowed when she was around, the transparent cheerfulness that we felt when she embrace each one of the boys. Of course we notice the absence of Alan, but she seemed happy anyway.

After chatting for what seemed like hours, Vic brought up the subject we all expected to shine...

"So, you know that we'll go on tour together right?" Vic began, referring to Of Mice & Men and Pierce The Veil.

"What?... No, I didn't know" Maci answered shocked. "Congratulations guys!" She said putting her hands in the center of the table and pressing them with everyone in form of greeting.

"Thanks Mace" Austin continued. The suspense was killing me. If they didn't speak then I would do it in a much less subtle way.

"What we wanted to ask you was that since Adam is in Peru..."
"
Oh, is he in Peru? That's amazing!" Maci Said interrupting.

"Yes, he is. Let me finish please" Austin tried to continue as he laughed.

"Oh, sorry" She muttered.

"It's fine." He said smiling and took a deep breath "Like I said, since Adam is in Peru, We want to ask you if you would be our photographer on this tour"

Macie's face changed 180 degrees. The smile she had faded. "I don't know" was all she said, almost in a whisper as she took a sip of his coffee.

"Why not? You say that because of Alan?" Mike asked, visibly angry.

She just nodded and I couldn't take it anymore. I rubbed her shoulder and whispered in her ear "This will be good, you'll see. You'll have something to distract you. Also, you have us and you'll not be alone, we are all here" I said hugging her "You cann't avoid him forever, sooner or later you'll have to see him"

"I know that" She said looking down, after a few seconds she raised her eyes where Austin was and gave him a simple and concise answer.

"I'm in"
♠ ♠ ♠

Last night I was bored, so I hope you like it. Tell me what you think and apologize for the typing errors, it's 8 am and I haven't slept yet, I'll fix it later, I promise x.x

Love you!