Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Dawson

I ran beside him, taking control of my breathing just like I would with singing. We ran for miles,I didn't know how long we ran or just how far we went, but when we finally came to a stop, we were both sweating and panting heavily.

Standing straight up, I stared at him, watching him closely before something clicked inside my head. "You don't hate anyone; you think you do, but it's just a mask," I said, causing Greg to stand and look at me.

"I don't know what your talking about," he said, turning away from him and walking back towards the house, but I quickly ran up to his side.

'Yes you do. The reason you push me so hard isn't because I'm good, it's because you don't want me ending up like you -- alone and scared," I said. That's when he came to a complete stop and stood there, I could see the walls slowly melting away from him before snapping back up as he turned and glared at me.

"You know nothing of what I want, Andrews, so keep your damn mouth shut," he said angrily before running ahead. Standing there, I watched him disappear before turning away from him and heading towards the old forest, disappearing into the trees.

Time Elapse

I returned to the house well after dark, finding Greg locked away in his bedroom. Shaking my head, I stared at my bedroom before turning away and going down to the basement. I still couldn't find sleep. I knew my body was beyond exhausted and I was pushing my mind to it's limits but I couldn't fall into sleep's grasp.

The thought of falling asleep and seeing my parents again, knowing I would never hug them or hear them again was to painful. Turning up the music, I closed my eyes and began dancing, thinking back to before my parents were killed. Thinking of when no matter what anyone said to me, or the way they stared, wouldn't get to me.

I would walk past and know my purpose, my reason for being where I'm at. To do something with myself, to make my family proud and to honor my hopes and dreams. But as I kept thinking, every thought and every emotion soon landed on Greg. The way he pushed every button I had, the way he made me so angry and flustered.

The way I would wish that he'd kiss me.

I stopped, my eyes shooting open and staring ahead of me widely. No.,, no that can't be right! I thought, my chest rising and falling heavily as sweat poured down my body. I heard the door open and found Greg staring at me.

Locking eyes with him, they flickered down towards his lips that one thought appearing in my head again before I shook my head and flew out past him. Disappearing inside my room and locking the door and leaning against it. I clenched my eyes shut Not happening. This. Is. Not. Happening, I thought before sliding down the door to my knees.

I knew then, just then that he had broken me, but not in any way either of us would have expected. I refused to allow him to know this. I would fight with everything I was to keep him from knowing this, but I didn't know how wrong I was ... or how even I was breaking down the walls of a man that never, ever wanted to be known