Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Greg

The next few days, Dawson tried his hardest to steer clear of me as much as possible He ignored my attempts to talk to him, would get a bit freaked if I tried to touch him. If our gazes met, he looked away quickly and would leave as quickly as his legs would carry him.

Currently, I sat on the couch, reading. It was one of the few times I would just kick back and take a break from the world around me. Glancing up, I saw Dawson coming up the front steps. Pretending to be well into my book, I listened as he walked through the door and crashed on the recliner.

I glanced up at him, seeing the exhaustion radiate from him. I didn't say a word, just watched as he sat there. I could see he was fighting against sleep much harder this time, his eyes could barely stay open. Setting my book down, I walked over to the end of the couch near him, sitting on the arm of the couch. "I don't want to talk," he said, as if he were half asleep already. I nodded and walked over to the keyboard the I had set in the living room behind the couch.

Playing the song that gets me to sleep easier, I cleared my throat. In a low voice, I sang, "This is the moment, this is the day, when I send all my doubts and demons on their way. Every endeavor
I have made ever is coming into play, is here and now today."

As I continued on, my eyes wandered over to Dawson. Noticing that he had finally fell asleep, I slowly played the music until it faded out. Standing up, I walked over to him, lifted him up into my arms, and started off the stairs. Under my breath, I whispered, "Dawson, you're one of the most stubborn son of a bitch's I've ever met."

Once I made it to his room, I carefully opened the door and carried him to the bed. Laying him down, I removed his shoes, setting them at the end of the bed. Covering him up, I quietly walked out of the room, closing the door slowly behind me.

Time Elapse

The next morning, I woke up feeling perturbed. I got out of bed and made my way downstairs, rubbing my hands over my eyes. I paused at the end of the stairs, catching what appeared to be the slightly rested eye of Dawson. He was working out, doing crunches.

"I hate what you did last night," he said, finishing up, "but thank you." He came over to me and stared at me for a long moment. He then wrapped his arms around me. "Apparently, being a bad-ass is hard."

"You just got to find something that you hate the most and lock onto it," I replied as we separated. "For me, seeing someone fail because of me."

"No wonder you push us both so hard," he said to no one in particular. Getting out of his reverie, he walked passed me and up the stairs, the door to the bathroom closing. When the shower started, I made my way into the kitchen and got started on breakfast.

It was going to be a while before anything in this house seemed normal again.