Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Greg

I stood at the door that lead to the basement. Resting my head against it, for the first time since I was a kid, I cried. My eyes closed, and I let the tears fall. When I heard the music stop, I straightened up and wiped away the tears, shaking my head and moved away from the door. Staring at my Broadway poster, my anger grew.

"No one is taking away the schooling of Dawson Andrews on my watch," I said, grabbing my keys from the counter and storming out the door.

Time Elapse

Entering the school, I went straight for the principal's office. I slammed the door opened, causing the few people in the office to look at me. Meeting the gaze of Principal Wagner. "You are seriously pissing me off." I walked over to him and got in his face. "One of the few really talented students has been forced to leave."

"I had no choice! The bank left just enough for the week for Mr. Andrews. What am I supposed to do?" he asked, sounding a bit exasperated.

"I'm paying for him from here on out. He's gonna pick up where he left off, and you're not going to say a word." I looked around the room, two other people looking scared by my anger. "If I hear anything about this circulating around the school, I will find you all."

Walking out, I ran out of the school and started back home. I hated when seeing so much happen to one person, especially someone as great as Dawson. As I thought about the things he's been through these last few weeks, my heart started feeling something it wasn't used to. No matter what I did, there was no way to force it out as easily as I could have before.

Time Elapse

Arriving home, I found Dawson sprawled out on the couch, staring at the off TV with a blank expression. "Cheer up, Andrews," I said, my voice sounding indifferent.

"Why? I've already lost everything that's ever mattered to me," he said, his voice monotone.

"Last I checked, you're schooling is back on," I said, causing him to look at me with a look of confusion. "I made a scene, threatened some lives, and told Principal Wagner that I was paying for the rest of your schooling."

"What?!" he exclaimed, standing up and staring at me as if I were nuts.

"I wasn't going to let the last good thing be ripped away from you," I said, staring into those blue eyes. He never broke eye contact, just stared at me with a hardened look of shock. "You have what it takes to get to the top, and I hope to help give you that push you need."

"You truly believe in me ... don't you?" he asked, his look softening just the slightest bit.

"I never stopped believing in you. The moment you walked into my room, I knew there was something about you that I wouldn't find in just anyone. Then you showed me your power, and I vowed to push you until you were unstoppable. I'm not giving up on you for any reason whatsoever."