Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Dawson

I continued to stare at him before I felt that spark in me light up one last time. "Then why are we still standing here. You have some pushing to do," I grinned and headed straight for the basement, kicking off my shoes and pulling off my shirt.

Staring at Greg, the music started and so did we. Greg pushed me to my limits that night then pushed me beyond until my legs just couldn't go anymore and we laid there on the basement floor, panting heavily.

Staring at the ceiling, I turned and looked at Greg before sitting up and staring down at him. "Thank you, Greg," I said "You had no reason to do what you did, no attachment to me for any reason, but you still did all of this. Gave me a place when I didn't have one and taking on my school payments when I could have just quit," I continued.

"I told you--" I cut him off with a shake of my head before moving my legs, continuing to stare at him.

"You still didn't have to," I whispered and leaned down, my lips brushing across his in a soft kiss before I stood and disappeared upstairs and into my room. After my shower, I fell into my bed and stared up, thinking back on everything before gently running my fingers across my lips.

I could still feel the tingling, the buzz through my lips from even that ever so soft kiss I gave him before I rolled over and closed my eyes. Finally able for the first night in many days, sleep. Deep and long.

Next Day

Saturday, a day I enjoyed and loved until today. "Andrews! Get up! You're not sleeping in today!" Greg yelled through the door causing me to groan and roll over, pulling the pillow over my head and looking at the clock. Nine Am. Just a three hours shy of when I normally get up.

"Fine, fine. I'm up," I called, sitting up and yawning as I slid from bed and got dressed after using the bathroom. Walking downstairs and into the kitchen, I decided to make breakfast. Leaving Greg a plate on the counter before going downstairs.

Hearing the door open a while later, Greg came down the stairs and took his place at my side and we began. Dancing and singing until we stopped for lunch then continuing on until dinner.

Sitting down at the table, I ate slow. Staring down at my plate before looking up at Greg, I watched him carefully. I had that feeling again, that feeling of something happening.

I didn't know if it was good or bad but it kept knocking away my fears of Greg. I guess -- somewhere inside me -- I wanted him to do something instead of just sit there and poke around his food.

I could sense that he was fighting something more than just his past, but I didn't say anything. Going back to my food, I let my thoughts drift to a place I wasn't comfortable with; where he and I were one.