Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Dawson

I stood there, my eyes wide before they closed and I found myself leaning into him for support at my lips began their own movements again his. My hands reaching up and gripping his shirt before sliding up around his neck "Greg..." My voice was lost into the kiss.

I found myself being pressed against the counter, his hands on either side of my body as I tangled my fingers into his hair. My breath picking up as the kiss grew wild until he suddenly shoved himself away from me, panting heavily.

I stared up into his eyes once my opened and took a step back before going forward "Don't ... Don't build that wall up again, please," I said, laying a hand on his chest causing him to slap it away and turn. "Greg don't! Please" I said, reaching for him again.

"Don't touch me!" he snapped, causing me to jerk my hand back as I felt the hot sting of tears in my eyes. "That never should have happened. I never should have let you take my walls down like that," he said, I could hear the anger in his voice, but there was also fear.

Staring at him before walking past and shoving him. "Screw you, Greg," I said, turning and facing him. The hurt painfully clear in my eyes. "Screw you and everything here. I'm gone." I said and ran upstairs, grabbing my things and storming down the stairs.

"Oh, no you're not. You're staying here while you finish your schooling," he said, blocking my path but I shoved him aside, glaring at him.

"Not with a man who's pushing me away. Screw. You," I said before turning and walking out the door before stopping "Maybe," I started, scoffing a little bit, "maybe when you can learn to trust me after all we've been through together, I'll return, but until then, I'm not staying somewhere my matching emotions get shoved down a damn drain," I remarked. I heard Greg take a sharp breath just before I closed the door.

Next Day

Thankfully, I still had another week on my schooling so I went. Standing in the far back of his classes and just going by the by, I could feel his eyes on me, but I refused to look at him. I was still so angry -- still so hurt. I couldn't understand why really, but having him push me away like he did tore something from me.

Standing outside on the last day of my school I knew it, I knew why it tore me apart so much. Greg had pushed me so far, so ... strongly that I fell for him. I fell in love with the man who had so many walls built but pushed me to do my best, beyond my best.

Staring at the school, I watched Greg leave a few hours later and look around. I could see his shoulders shag a little in some emotion, I didn't know if it was sadness or what. I watched as he started towards his car, fiddling with his keys before getting in and driving off.

Turning away from the school, I started walking, turning the music on my ipod louder and blasting away my thoughts and emotions in that moment; trying to let go of the fact that something deep inside me was screaming to go back to him, to try and break him down once more and pray that I win.

I continued walking until I came to a sudden stop, my head lifting as that urge became over powering. Taking a turn, I ran for the house. Once inside, I headed straight down to the basement and shut off the music, causing him to turn and look at me.

Dropping my bag, I made four quick strides across that room and pushed him into the wall. "I refuse to give up on you that easily, Greg. I'm going to break down every wall you have built inside you until you're mine. It's mine turn to push you to your limits, Greg. Push you beyond what you believed was impossible. Just like you did me," I said, staring straight into his eyes before my lips found his once again.