Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Greg

I pushed him away, pulled him away, but somehow, his lips and mine were molded together in sync. It felt so wrong, I knew it to be wrong, but everything in me seemed to flare up with his passion. Every heartache, every anger burst, every bad thing that ever happened went into that kiss.

I gave up fighting him, gave up rebuilding the walls. I pushed him against the wall of the studio and wrapped my arms around his waist, picking him up and keeping him pressed to the wall. His legs wound around me, his hands running through my hair.

I wanted to stop, stop before it got to far, but I couldn't. My lips and hands had a mind of their own. We pulled apart and looked at each other for a moment, not saying a word as our breath came in pants. "How is this possible? How is it that in one quick push, my steel walls toppled over?" I said, my face scrunching up.

"I learned that if you want something bad enough, you got to fight for it," he replied before smashing his lips back to mine. Before anything started making sense, we fell to the mats and became entwined.

Time Elapse

We were still lying on the ground, still fully clothed. I was lucky enough to talk him out of going any further to the time being. It's not that I didn't want to, I just didn't want either of us doing something so major and then have a fall out.

He was currently using my stomach as a pillow, looking up at the ceiling. Our hands were entwined, fingers linked in death grips. "In such a short time, we go from trying to one up each other to not being able to resist each other. How does that happen?" I asked to no on in particular.

"Open your heart wide enough, things will happen," Dawson said, causing me to look at him. He glanced up at me, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I wish you'd stop talking like that. You're making it hard to keep my head on straight," I said, causing him to laugh. Really laugh.

For the first time in years, I found myself smiling. Smiling to the point that it actually reached my eyes. Dawson sucked in a breath, as if something had just hurt him. "You need to smile more," he said, just over a whisper. I rolled my eyes, but my smile never faltered.

"I have to keep my bad-ass-ness level up high, so no smiling outside of the house for this jackass," I said, sitting up. Dawson sat up as well and turned to face me, resting his head on his knees. He started fiddling with a tear in his jeans, not paying much attention to me. He seemed more at ease, as if nothing could faze him now.

I brought my fingers under his chin, lifting his face forcing him to look at me. Pressing my lips to his, I had to make sure that the fire that burned through me just moments before was still there. When he returned the kiss, the fire ignited. Only this time, I couldn't snuff it out.