Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Dawson

I woke up late Saturday morning, looking around to find Greg gone. Figuring he was at the school, I threw on clothes and headed over. Walking through the darkened building to the room, the door cracked open.

Peeking in, I saw Greg sitting on the floor and cradling his hand, that same resentful look on his face. Shoving the door ope, I ran over and fell down to my knees beside him. "Greg! What happened?" I asked, reaching out to look at his hand.

He slapped my hand away, glaring at his reflection. "Don't touch me," he said, causing me to pull away then sighed.

"Greg, you're pushing me away again. I haven't done anything to deserve it," I said, reaching out to take his good hand but he pulled away and stood up as he shoved me away.

"Yet! You haven't done anything yet but I'm not taking that chance again," he said, glaring at me. Standing up, I stared at him, my eyes wide.

"Greg, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you! I'm the one standing here trying to help you with your dreams! To get you somewhere besides this damn class room!" I yelled. "I don't want you here! You don't belong here teaching students! You belong where you you're trying to put me and I want you at my side!" I yelled.

Greg turned and stared at me, becoming quiet. "That's right Greg. I wanted you at my side when I got there. Knowing that the man I fell in love with and the man who pushed me was there beside, but you know what? Fuck you! It's clear you don't want me. You don't want what's good for me. You just enjoy bringing me up then tearing me down again." I said before turning and walking out.

"Dawson, wait!" I heard Greg yell, causing me to turn and look at him.

"I'm done waiting. You've broken me one too many times, Phillips," I said, my eyes hard and anger fresh on my face. "I trusted you. I gave myself to you in ways I never thought I would give anyone. I willingly opened myself up to you and you tore everything I am away from me. I'm nothing anymore," I said before turning and running out of the school.

I grabbed what was important and left the house, walking down through town and heading for the bus station.

I had just one family member left in my life, an older cousin from my father's side. I looked at the tickets and sighed, realizing I was going to be spending the night there at the station to catch the morning bus to her place. Making myself comfortable on a group of emptied chairs, I sat my bags down and closed my eyes, letting the voices of the people in the station block out my thoughts.