Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Dawson

Seeing Greg mouth those words to me lit the fire inside me. "Excuse me for a moment," I said softly before turning around, pulling my iPod from my pocket. I started playing a song, no words just the music, as I turned back and faced them.

Locking my eyes onto Greg, I began moving my body as the words flowed effortlessly from my lips and filling the air around us. "Find me here, and speak to me. I want to feel you, I need to hear you. You are the light, that's leading me to the place where I find peace again." My eyes closed as I stepped down stage a little bit, feeling for the first time that this was where I truly belong, so long Greg was by my side.

"You are the strength that keeps me walking. You are the hope that keeps me trusting. You are the light to my soul. You are my purpose, you're everything. How can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you? Would you tell me how could it be, any better than this?" I opened my eyes and stared at Greg again, not thinking about anything or anyone else as my eyes screamed at him. "You calm the storms, and you give me rest. You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall. You steal my heart, and you take my breath away. Would you take me in, take me deeper now. And how can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you? Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?"

All my life, I've always knew I wanted to be famous. I didn't care how, I just wanted to be. Then I met Greg and then everything changed. Juilliard called my name, and I wasn't going to stop until I got there. "And how can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you? Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?" Stepping upstage, I took center, my eyes closing as I belted out, "Cause you're all I want, you're all I need. You're everything, everything. You're all I want, you're all I need.
You're everything, everything."

All my life, I've been working my ass off to make it to the big leagues, and with the help of Greg, I was always one step closer. "You're all I want, you're all I need. You're everything, everything. You're all I want, you're all I need. You're everything, everything. And how can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you? Would you tell me, how could it be, any better than this?" Even through all the hell we've been through, all the anger, the sadness, the frustrating nights when all seemed to fail, he made me believe in myself. "And how can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you? Would you tell me, how could it be, any better, any better than this?"

I opened my eyes, stared down at Greg who has shown me the light in my times of darkness. Even before I fell in love with the man, he never pissed me off without a reason. He took my doubts and shoved them out of me. "And how can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you. Would you tell me, how could it be, any better than this? Would you tell me, how could it be, any better than this.

When the music stopped, I stopped as well and fell to my knees. Panting lightly before lifting my head and staring at them, awaiting a response that could change my life forever before my eyes widened. Staring at Greg a new found fear took over me.

What if this did change my life? What if with everything that could come of this, Greg and I went different ways and I never saw him again? "Dawson! Dawson, calm down and breath," I heard Greg speaking, looking to my right I saw him there.

Reaching up and gripping his arm, I tried to calm my breathing. "I can't. I won't do this without you, Greg," I whispered. "I need to know no matter what you'll stay here at my side," I breathed. Unaware the women still watching us with awe until she stood up.

"I have one more request. I want to see you two together. On that stage, I want to see how you two work together," she said, causing Greg and I to stare at her.