Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Greg

Currently walking around the room helping the students with certain poses and techniques, my tone harsh but not too harsh when someone was off. I felt Dawson's eyes on me the entire time, which made me feel more confident in what I was doing.

After a while, I said, "Alright, take a break. Be back here in ten." Everyone dispersed, drinking water and grabbing something light to snack on. I made my way over to Dawson, seeing how not being able to dance with the class was making him feel left out. Bending down in front of him, I brought his leg up and started massaging his calf. "Don't look so blue. Regular massaging will get you back up in no time," I said, causing him to look up at me.

"It's not that," he said, letting his head fall back and look up at the ceiling. "It's that I see how Jackson looks at you, and it scares me." I saw his face become one of worry. I was silent for a long moment and that made Dawson look down at me. "You've noticed it, too, haven't you?" he asked, making me meet his gaze.

"I have," I said, my eyes not showing any real emotion. "He's a good person, very in tune with everything, it seems." I switched legs, and started massaging his other calf, not removing my gaze from his. "He's not you, though. Which is why I brush him off. Don't let him or any other person intimidate you."

"I'm not intimidated, just worried that someone is gonna pull something and I'm going to break too far that you're not even going to build me back up," he said, just over a whisper. Pausing, I grabbed his hands and caused him to really study my face.

"Dawson, listen. It's a pretty complicated relationship right now, especially since there's a fourteen year difference that would completely be looked down upon no matter where we go. I'm willing to wait for you until the end of time." Dawson smiled, squeezing my hands gently. "Once school is out, I'm gonna show you the great night life of a New Yorker."

"I can't wait," he said, not breaking his smile. "Now, get back to class." Nodding, I brushed my lips lightly on his fingers and stood up, a small smile on my face.

Time Elapse

Dawson and I were currently walking around Central Park, the warm night air surrounding us. I had my arm draped around his shoulders, and he had both of his around my waist. "I hate that we got to keep a lot on the down low," he said, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Only in school," I said, kissing his forehead. "Besides, you only have a year to go." I said, causing him to look up at me and the realization dawning on his face.

"So much has been going on in the last few weeks, I had totally forgot," he said, causing me to smile. I looked up and saw where I wanted to be, and I pulled him into the building.

"This has to be one of the most expensive places in New York," he said, looking around the restaurant in awe. "Babe, you didn't have to do this."

"I know, but I wanted to. You deserve the best," I said, as we walked up to the podium. The man there looked at us, expectantly. "Two for Phillips," I said, causing him to look down at the paper before him, nod, and motion for us to follow him. "Don't fret about the price, you see something you want, you get it." Dawson nodded, smiling at me. "Happy birthday, love," I whispered, pressing a kiss to his forehead before we took our seats and looked at the menus before us.