Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Greg

When we were out in the hall, she looked at us with a stern yet worried expression. "I've heard from a source that you two are ..." she said, linking her fingers together, "... together." I forced myself not to look at Dawson, knowing that would only confirm it.

"We're not," I said, forcing out the look that it was the truth. "It's just that since I've been working with him for about four years, I've come to work with him a little bit more than others on some occasions."

"So the whole massaging his calves was nothing more than you helping out a student to get him back on his feet?" she asked, looking at the both of us.

"Yes. He's always telling us to push ourselves, and I had pushed myself so much that I had little to no use of my legs," Dawson said, crossing his arms. "With him massaging them everyday, I've been slowly able to get back on my feet."

"Thank god!" she said, sounding relieved. "I have no issues with a gay couple, it's just when it happens to be a student and teacher in a school like this, I don't want someone in trouble, and parents to get worried about their own kids be subjected to that. So much drama that doesn't need to be here, you know what I mean?" Mrs. Mikels said, causing the three of us to chuckle.

"If it makes you feel any better, I won't give him more attention than the others," I said, causing Mrs. Mikels to nod.

"That would be great," she said, smiling before walking off. Making our way back into the room, I immediately yelled and punched the wall, realizing my wrist wasn't fully healed.

"Son of a bitch!" I hissed, cradling my arm. I felt a handful of eyes on me, causing me to close my eyes. "Sorry, gang. My temper is a little out of control right now."

"Calm down," Dawson whispered, taking my wrist into his hand and feeling it along the bone. "It's definitely broken this time." I hissed when he found the sore spot, my eyes closing as I my teeth clenched.

"Alexander!" I bellowed, causing him to jump and come over to me. "Go get the nurse, tell her my wrist is broken and I need help immediately." He nodded before jogging out of the room and towards the nurse's office.

Sliding down to the ground, I rested my arms on my knees as I tried not the think about the pain. "Why do you do this to yourself?" Dawson asked, making me look at him. I stared at him for a long moment before answering.

"It's how I've come to deal with anger and pain," I said truthfully, letting out a shaky sigh. "It's why I try to take my anger and try to push people into doing their best. Yet, sometimes, my anger gets too out of control that I physically hurt myself so I won't hurt another person."

"Well, one of these days, you'll be able to control all your anger to where you won't even hurt yourself," Dawson said, making me smile a bit.

"I sure hope so," I said, looking up when I saw Alex return with the nurse right beside him. She knelt down beside me and raised an eyebrow. "Had a slight temper," I said, holding up my wrist for her to examine.

"You best be getting it under control if you want to stay and teach these kids," she said sternly, causing me to nod.

"I know. I've been working on it, and it hardly happens anymore, but I just want it gone without the use of pills," I replied, causing her to chuckle.

"Have you thought of Anger Management?" she asked, looking up at me for a brief moment.

"I have. I just find that physical pain and/or exhaustion helps quite a bit. This wrist has been the result of many fractures and breaks over the last eleven years," I said, indicating the wrist she was working on. I let out a sigh before my gaze went to Dawson, who was chatting it up with Jackson, laughing at something he was saying.

I smiled, knowing he was getting to know more people. He seemed so calm when he started going here. It's now that I realized he had a real shot at expanding his inner circle. It'd make it a lot easier to keep our relationship under the radar for the next twelve months. I sighed again and focused on the nurse wrapping my wrist, wishing for the life that was still out of my reach.