Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Greg

I saw the bruising and everything clouded over. I punched the nearest wall to me, hearing glass shatter. I started grabbing random objects throwing them in any direction. I heard the screams from the students, yet that didn't break me out of this. I faintly heard Dawson trying to talk to me. "Who did this?" I asked, my mind and sight not clearing. "Who the fuck did this?!"

"I'm not telling you in this state. Nor am I telling you in the school," he replied, sounding defiant. I whipped around when I heard a few shocked gasps from the door way.

"Greg, what's going on with you?" I heard Doris say. I didn't understand what was being said, but I heard Dawson quietly talking to her. Before I knew what was happening, I felt a small prick in my arm, and the world went black.

Time Elapse

I sat up, grabbing my arm as I opened my eyes and blinked away the blurriness. I was in the nurse's office, Nurse Mahoney next to be doing paperwork. "What happened?" I asked, my mouth feeling dry.

She turned toward me and stared at me with such an angered expression, I looked like a puppy compared to her. "You really don't remember, do you?" she asked, crossing her arms. Before I could answer, we both looked up when Doris came in.

Without looking away, I said, "All I remember was seeing the bruise around Dawson's eye and then ... nothing," I said, nothing but honesty sounding in my voice.

"You had a bad black out, causing some damage to the room. You threw quite a bit of furniture around the room. Luckily, you didn't harm any students, but that doesn't make what happened any better," Doris said, a look of disappointment in her eyes. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to suspend you until it's safe to bring you back on board."

As I went to argue, she threw her hand up. "No excuses. We're bringing in a substitute until further notice." At that, she walked out. I stood up, walked out of the office, and towards the dance studio. Walking into the room, I saw every single student look at me, a look of fear in their eyes. Looking at Dawson, I saw him making his way towards me.

I shrugged him away from me when he tried to touch me. Grabbing my things, I said, "You guys are having a sub until further notice. I have no choice in the matter." I looked back at Dawson, who was looking upset.

Letting out a deep sigh, I walked out of the room. Every person who saw me coming backed out of my way, causing me to bite my lip to keep my anger from jumping out of me. When I walked out of the school, I sat down on the steps, rubbing my face in my hands. Talking out loud, I said, "I may have just seriously fucked up everything." Before I knew it, I was crying.