Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Greg

The big day of the performance came, and something was off with Dawson. "Not today. Please, not today," I said, walking over to him. His anger rising after messing up, and I realized it was over the most simplest of movements. "What's going on, Dawson?" I asked, pulling him aside.

"He's somehow fucked me up," Dawson said, his voice almost cracking. "I can't maintain my balance worth a shit, and I was up half the night practicing on my vocals, only to find they're messed up, too."

I forced myself to refrain from letting my anger grab hold of me today, and I looked around. "You may just have to set this one out," I said, leaning against the wall and hitting my head against it. "Of all the shit!" I said, pushing myself off the wall and walking over to where Doris was standing. "You know that issue Dawson had with Alex a while back?" I asked her, causing her to look at me and nod.

"Yes, why? Is something wrong?" she asked, looking at Dawson with a worried expression. I nodded before responding.

"Whatever he did to Dawson severely threw everything off. His singing and his dacning. The simplist of movements or keys are out of his reach," I said, crossing my arms as I looked over at the door just as a very smug Alex walked in. Someone must have seen my stance because before I could even take a step or say a word, I was on the ground and my mouth was covered.

I fought and I tried to scream, but my efforts seemed useless. Jackson and Dawson soon flanked Alexander, the smug look never dimming. "Well, well, well. Look who it is," he said, smiling at both of them. "How's the show going?"

Before either one could respond, Doris walked over and blantantly said, "You're out, Alexander."

"For what? Bringing an illegal relationship to the surface?" he said, looking between me and Dawson.

"There's nothing going on between us!" Dawson yelled, looking as though he was ready to punch Alex. I wouldn't have blamed him a bit. Finally able to stand up, I crossed my arms as I continued to watch what was going on.

"Prove it," he said, raising an eyebrow. I watched as Dawson turned towards Jackson, wrapped his arms around him, and pressed his lips to Jackson's. I bit the inside of my lip. I knew it was only an act, but still, it pulled on the jealousy a little bit. They pulled apart, and for a brief moment, I saw the love shine through Jackson's eyes, but it was gone just as quick as it came.

"You see, I'm with Jackson," he said, the anger seeming to flare up in Alex more than ever.

"You're all lying!" he said, his face turning red. "I know something is going on between you and Phillips! Everyone knows!"

"Nothing is going on, Davidson," I said, causing attention to land on me. "I wouldn't risk my job to be with a student. I wouldn't risk going to jail for a student. Anything that goes on in my classroom is strictly teacher/student professionalism. Nothing more."

"Fine. I'm out of Juilliard," he said, throwing his jacket down on the floor. "I'm hope you're happy, Aunty," he said, looking at Doris.

"I want nothing to do with you or your parents from here on out," she said, her voice stern and expressionless at the same time. "Now, leave my sight."

At that, they both parted, but I had a feeling this was far from being over.