Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Dawson

Once Alex had left,I looked up at Jackson then turned around. Walking over to Greg I sat down in a chair,running my fingers through my hair as Doris walked over to me "Dawson,I'm giving you two months off of school to try and recover and get yourself back to normal. Don't worry about failing anything,I'll handle the teachers" She said.

"Yes ma'm" I said and stood up,looking over at Greg then headed for the door with my bag. I snagged Greg's keys and headed out to the car and drove home. Once home,I sent Greg a text message telling him I'd pick him up when school was over.

Setting my phone down,I disappeared down into the basement and restarted everything but kept messing up,finally just giving up an hour before I had to pick up Greg. Sitting out in the parking lot,I stared up at the roof of the car fighting back the urge to just scream and punch the steering wheel.

I couldn't believe this was happening to me,after everything I went through to get here. To have it taken from me in one single day. Everything I worked hard for was leaving my fingers as my grip on it loosened even though i tried to hard to hold on.

That Night

it was well after midnight and Greg was still trying to help me but I continued to fall or miss a step,my singing was horrible. All those impossible notes i use to make was gone,I couldn't reach them without my entire throat tightening up and causing me to gasp for breath.

I had to stop,i couldn't torment myself with this any longer. Sitting on my knees I looked up at Greg who started walking to me "Don't...Don't please" i said,standing up "I don't want any pity or i'm sorrys from you. I'm not who I was before Greg...I'm nothing now" I said,grabbing my shirt.

"Dawson that's not true. you are still somebody" He said,reaching out to grab my hand but I pulled it away,the tears shining in my eyes.

"No I'm not. Forget about me Greg alright. you don't want me anymore,I'm broken. I no longer belong here,I don't belong with you or that school anymore. He ruined me and there's no fixing it this time. I'm going to go back home,I'm just gonna quit school because I'll never get where I was before." I said and disappeared upstairs.

"Dawson! Stop doing this! every time something like this happens you go weak and give up!" he said,grabbing my arm and spinning me around "You do belong here and you belong with me" he said.

"No,it's not my time anymore Greg. Alex took that way from me for good. Now's its you." I said and disappeared down the hallway and into our room,crawling into bed. I stared blankly at the wall. I wasn't giving up,I just knew in my heart i would never sing or dance again. The two things I loved the most. yea so what that I could play any instrument,that wasn't me.

A while later,I felt the bed sink down and Greg wrap his arms around my waist. Closing my eyes,I gave in to his warmth and touch and rolled over,curving my body into his and pressing my face into his chest as the tears started falling down my cheeks.

This was a new battle....One I terrified that Greg was going to leave me to fight on my own