Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Dawson

We all sat upstairs after drills,eating chips and watching movies. Wil was sitting beside Jackson,the two of them whispering and laughing softly. Looking over at them I shook my head and snuggled into Greg.

"Why don't we go out and do something?" I said,sitting up "I mean we're all together so why don't we go out and have some fun" I said. The guys and girls looked at me with questioning looks.

"Like what Dawson?" Greg asked,staring at me. I only shrugged and stood up,laughing.

"I don't know. Something" I said before disappearing and changing my cloths. Once we were all ready,we gathered into the cars and headed off into town. As Greg drove,we started entering the country side of town. "Wait! Greg stop!" I said,my eyes widening.

"What? what's wrong?" He asked,hitting the breaks as I pointed to a horse ranch.

"Riding! When my sister was born,she had ill use of her legs and horse back riding help her strengthen them and learn to walk...maybe it can do the same for me plus it's fun" I said.

Greg looked at me then back at the others "It's true. My brother is doing the same right now" Wil spoke up "As crazy as it sound" He added. Greg looked at me before turning down the road towards the ranch.

Two hours later

After talking to the ranch owner,it was agreed that in exchange for my riding lessons that i would come and help out at the ranch on weekends and free days during the week.

"Are you sure about this Dawson?" Greg asked,looking at me as Melvin the owner brought a horse out from the stables. I nodded my head,my eyes wide as the horse came to a stop in front of me.

"This is Barq,he'll be your riding pale for a while until your more experienced" Melvin said,giving me a leg up onto the horse.

"I know how to ride,it's been a few years but I remember somethings" i said before smiling warmly as i started riding around. my eyes shining brightly.

As the lessons continued,the strength in my legs began to return,my confiandance returning as well. My singing was still rough but i was happy that my dancing was getting back to where it use to be.

Three weeks

Moving from one stall to another,I cleaned them out and let the horses out to pasture to rehay their stalls and clean their water buckets. "Hey there" I heard voice behind me. Jumping a bit,i turned around and blinked. "You must be Dawson,I'm Anthony. I'm the stable hand here" he said,holding out his hand.

I felt my cheeks turn red as I took his hand,something about this man got to me. I wasn't sure if it was the thick sexy accent or the dashing looks "It's nice to finally meet you" I said softly.

"And you as well,if you need anything just let me know" he said and disappeared down the hallway of the stalls. Poking my head out,I watched him disappear then turned,staring at Starlight.

"This isn't good..." I said to her but she only nudged my pocket for a snack.