Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Dawson

As the days passed, I continued to show up Phillips, making the teacher work even harder then the student. "Come on, Phillips! You're the teacher! You shouldn't let a student beat you up like this," I called one morning in dance class, yet another battle between us going.

He didn't speak but worked himself harder, I actually felt pity for the man beside me until he once again landed on the floor, his legs giving out on him. Coming to a stop, I shook my head "Admit it, I'm better then you, and you admire that," I said, picking up my bag and leaving the room.

The following day during singing lessons, I was in the midst of a battle when the door opened and another teacher stood there, calling me to him. Looking at Phillips, I walked over and left the room with him.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking at the teachers around me. The looks on their faces had me worried.

"Dawson ... I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you this but ... I'm afraid your parents were killed in a car crash not too long ago," Principal Wagner said, causing me to fall back into a chair and just stare at him.

"Wh-What? You're joking right? This is some sort of sick joke," I said, scared to believe it was even true.

"I'm sorry, but it's not. I got the call about an hour ago," he said. Staring around at the teachers, I jumped up and ran out of the room. Fighting back the tears that threatened to fall, I ran back into class to grab my bag and quickly ran to the door.

"Where the hell do you think your going, Andrews?" Phillips asked, glaring at me. Turning on my heel, the tears in my eyes as I walked up to him and stared him down.

"I don't want to hear anymore of your bullshit, Phillips. I'm done here. I'm done with everything," I said angrily. He just stared at me before narrowing his eyes

"I'm not letting you go so easily, Andrews" he said, crossing his arms before moving even closer. I could see just a flicker of fear in his eyes.

"I don't give a fuck what you want. My parents were just killed, you bastard, and I don't want to be here so I'm leaving. Try and stop me and I'll break your pretty little legs," I growled and turned, running from the room with silence at my back.