Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Greg

Days passed, and my anger never seemed to come down. I knew Dawson would never choose another person, but after having such a bad past with someone else, it was hard to accept something so good. I found myself sitting down in the middle of the floor in the basement, silence all around me except for the mumbled voices from upstairs.

Dawson was up there talking with Fiona, Jackson and Wil about whatever. Ginny had gone back home to Detroit and Wil had auditioned and surprisingly, he didn't get it. Instead, he went to a not-so-known dancing school for the rest of the year and was told to re-audition near the start of the new school year. As I expected, he and Jackson got together, which I could tell during classes and around here that they were both fairly happy.

Standing up, I walked over to the closet that was down here and opened it, revealing a guitar case that I opened when I really needed to escape my thoughts and reality. Grabbing it, I walked back over to the dance part of the basement and sat back down, setting the case before me. Opening it, I pulled out a one-of-a-kinda McPherson guitar.

Strumming a few chords, I realized I was a bit rusty, seeing how for the last few years, I focused more on my dancing than anything else. As I got the chords flowing, I didn't hear the gang coming downstairs. I closed my eyes and let the words escape me.

"I close my eyes and I smile, knowing that everything is alright. To the core, so close that door. Is this happening? My breath is on your hair, I'm unaware that you opened the blinds and let the city in. God, you held my hand, and we stand, just taking in everything." I took in a quivering breath, trying my hardest not to cry, even though it's all I wanted to do.

"And I knew it from the start, so my arms are open wide. Your head is on my stomach, and we're trying so hard not to fall asleep. Here we are on this 18th floor balcony, we're both flying away. So we talked about mom's and dad's, about family pasts, just getting to know where we came from. Our hearts were on display for all to see, I can't believe this is happening to me." I never really knew how much this song practically described Dawson and I, how our relationship has progressed in the last year or so. I leaned back against a wall, my head falling back so when I opened my eyes, I was staring at the ceiling.

"And I raised my hand as if to show you that I was yours, that I was so yours for the taking, I'm so yours for the taking. That's when I felt the wind pick up, I grabbed the rail while choking up these words to say and then you kissed me." I went on, my head coming to a normal level and my eyes landing on the four young adults. The song went on, and my eyes landed on Dawson and stayed there.

I saw his eyes change somehow, and I couldn't really sense as to what it was. All I knew is that I really felt as if he forgave me for my stupidity. Everything that I've ever done wrong, that I've ever done to hurt him, was forgotten. I placed my guitar back in it's case, stood up and walked over to him. All I knew in this moment was that I was so sorry ... for everything.

Falling to my knees in front of him, I grabbed his hands in mine and brushed a kiss across his knuckles. The tears fell, and at that moment, I truly didn't care who saw. I looked up into his eyes, and in a choked whisper, I said, "Please forgive me."