‹ Prequel: Secrets
Sequel: We Run This Town

The Motto

Cass

“It went really well” Cass smiled. She was on a web cam chat with Kylan, Jamie and Emmi. “My mom hugged me and said It didn’t matter and that she loved me and my dad seemd pretty disappointed at first but he accepts me”

“I’m happy for you” Cass said.

“They want to meet Ryan soon…I’m kind of nervous. I’ve never had a relationship before”

“Meeting parents is the worst” Jamie said. “My mom hates Frankie”

“Why?”

“Are you kidding me! He’s like a lost puppy around Jamie” Emmi said. “I bet he would kill for Jamie”

“Maybe that will come in handy”

Cass could feel her stomach growling. She took deep breaths in and out until the feeling passed.

“You okay, Cass?” Kylan asked.

“Yeah, just cramps”

“Ugh, the worst” Emmi said. “Hope you feel better”

“Yeah” she closed her lap top and sighed. She went downstairs. Looking at food helped her a lot. She didn’t want to eat it, so staring at it gave her a little…peace, almost.

Her three little siblings (all under the age of 10) were in the kitchen around the table while her single mom put food on their plates.

“Hey Cassie” her mom said. “Ready for dinner?” Cass grabbed a bottle of water.

“I’m not feeling well, can you save it for me?”

“Yeah…are you okay?” Cass grasped onto the counter as she felt a bit faint.

“I’m fine…a little sleep and I’ll feel better”

“Ok, get some rest” Cass had a sip of watr and headed back upstairs to the room she shared with her oldest sister, Cameron, who is 10.

Cass reached under her bed and pulled out a photo album. She created one for each year of high school. This year she had the most pictures.

She mostly had pictures with her, Emmi and Jamie. They had so much fun together, she loved hanging out with them and having real friends. It took her mind off her family. Her mom worked three jobs, two legit jobs and prostitution on the side. It’s hard to feed four mouths. Cass sometimes felt guilty. She felt like a nuisance.

She looked at a picture of Adam. He was so cute and sweet with Emmi. He was the perfect boyfriend.

Cass smiled. Sometimes she wished she was as stunning as Emmi and Jamie and other girls. Maybe then she would have a boyfriend like Adam. Or maybe she would have Adam to himself.



The next time they had school she met up with Jamie in the hallway. She was looking at the new popularity list for that week.

“I hate these lists” she said. “According to this list I shouldn’t be friends with Emmi. She’s in the 50’s now”

“Whoa, really?”

“Yeah, believe it or not our weird best friend has made it” Cass giggled. That sat down.

“Looks like Kylan is in the top 30’s now…don’t know why, he hates life. Oh he passed Lex!” Cass giggled.

“Well deserved” she said. “Why do you care about the list for?” Cass didn’t care because she was at the bottom. I mean out of 543 kids in their high school she was in the 400’s.

“I don’t” she put the list down. “So, how are you feeling?”

“Pretty good” Cass said. “I don’t know what was with me last night” she clutched her stomach when she heard the growling again. “What did you guys talk about?”

“After Kylan left we talked about hot guys” Jamie said. “We came up with Damon Brooks as the hottest guy in this school”

“But he’s a freshman”

“Can you think of anyone better?” Cass would mention Adam, but she didn’t want to start drama.

“Uh…”

“Exactly” Cass smirked. “Now if Damon was just two years older I would date him”

“Yeah me too”



Kevin walked into his first period class. The only person in the room was Cass, reading a book as usual. He noticed she wasn’t wearing black like usual.

“I like your shirt…what does it say” she put her book down and flattened out the shirt so he could read it. “NO WAY YOU LIKE TOKIO HOTEL….i mean, they’re a cool band” Cass smiled.

“yeah they are” Kevin sat behind her.

“I never thought I would meet someone who liked them…they weren’t on the scene for long”

“I loved them” Cass said. “Bill had the voice of 1,000 angels” Kevin smirked.

“I honestly think he does…I wonder where he went” Cass shrugged. “what’s your favorite song by them?”

“Probably Scream, it really spoke to me…yours?”

“Monsoon’s a favorite but I like Don’t Jump a lot” Adam walked into the room while he was talking, Cass stared at him as he took a seat. Kevin noticed it a bit but didn’t think much of it.

Elle walked into the room. She was a people watcher, she liked to see how people acted around other people. Only four people were in the class room, Elle, Adam, Cass and Kevin. Elle could see while Kevin was talking Cass was looking at Adam. Elle smirked. She was the perfect target.



“I have some news for you, Sadie-kins” Elle said. Sadie is a good friend of Elle and Lex. Since Lex and Elle are fighting she’s mostly friends with Lex but Elle uses her to start rumors. “I have a rumor for you…it looks like some loser blond girl in our school was over Adam’s house last night”

“Wait, isn’t Adam dating that Emmileigh girl?” Elle nodded. “No way he’s cheating?”

“Yup, I have my sources” Sadie took out her phone.

“Everyone has to know this…he’ll drop from #1 in a heartbeat”



Frankie ran into the math class he shared with Kevin and Adam. He had heard the rumors.

Only Adam and Kevin were in the room. How convienet. He ran into the room and attacked Adam. “How could you!” he exclaimed. “How could you cheat on Emmi!”

“Wait what?” Kevin asked. “You’re cheating on Emmi?” now Kevin was in on the beating. “How could you!”

“Wait, wait!” Adam plead. Frankie and Kevin calmed themselves.

“Why would you cheat with Cass?” Frankie asked. Kevin was shocked.

“Cass? No way she’s too sweet” Kevin said. He thought he liked Cass since their conversation on music that morning. They had talked several other times about comic books and movies. He liked her.

“Sit down so we can talk!” Adam exclaimed. He closed the door. “I didn’t mean anything” Frankie stood up again like he was going to punch Adam. “NO SIT” Frankie sat down. “It wasn’t with Cass…”

“Good…wait…so you did cheat?” Frankie stood up again”

“SIT DOWN!” Frankie sat down again. Adam sighed. “it was with this sophomore…Ashley Evans. She was over my house on Saturday and things got a little out of control. We slept together” Frankie stood up. Kevin pushed him into his seat.

“Everyone thinks it’s Cass” Kevin said.

“Well who told everyone?” Adam asked. “I told Ashley to keep her mouth shut”

“She’s a sophomore!” Kevin said. “Sophomores can’t be trusted” Adam sighed.

“It was a mistake, I want to be with Emmi”

“Damn right” Frankie said. “Are you going to tell her?”

“No, let’s let this fade out first”
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel bad...i give more attention to certain characters. Cass is like the bitch character all throughout 'The Motto' but she has a major part in the sequel called "We Run This Town" which i have just started to write!