‹ Prequel: Secrets
Sequel: We Run This Town

The Motto

Everyone

Winter ball was amoung them. A week has passed since the rumor about Cass and Adam had surfaced. Frankie made sure it died down, Elle made sure it resurfaced again. Kylan, Emmi, Jamie and Cass didn’t here much of it, the were on the weird side of the cliques, they choose not to listen to gossip. Well, Kylan didn’t want to gossip. It destroyed people. Exhibit A, Elle. Exhibit B, Lex. Kylan told them not to believe the rumors.

For all of them, they wanted to have fun. They wanted to forget about all the rumors and all the hard times they’ve had in the first half of the school year. They deserved at least one good night.

Unfortunately that wouldn’t happen. Frankie was keeping secrets that were bound to let loose.



“I’m sick of this” Emmi said. They walked into Winter Ball. Not many peope were dancing. “I bought this fancy dres…I look amazing and I can’t have fun”

“Why not?” Jamie asked. “The rumors aren’t true”

“How do I know?” Emmi asked. “Adam’s always been a flirt with other girls…he denies it but I think h was seeing Cass”

“Cass? No way she’s too innocent”

“I see the way she looks at him. She wanted it” Jamie shook Emmi’s shoulders.

“You are loony!” she said. “Stop blowing this out of proportion. We’ll find out the truth soon enough”



“I’m sick of keeping secrets, Franks” Kevin said. They stood in the hall having fruit punch like normal hardcore 16 year old’s do. Kevin pulled out a tiny bottle of alchohol and put some in both of their drinks.

“Me too, Kev, me too” Frankie sighed. “I’m not sure if we’ll all be friends at the end of the night”

“Well, are we going to cover up for Adam or tell Emmi the truth?”

“I don’t know” Frankie said. “Adam asked Ashley and she said she didn’t say a word, obviously Ashley wouldn’t say it was Cass. I’m thinking someone else started the rumor

“Elle” Kevin said. Elle walked past them, looking like a two dollar whore like usual. Frankie growled like a dog. “How do we approach this?”

“With extreme force…but we don’t hit her…hitting girls is wrong” Frankie and Kevin approached Elle, they pulled her aside. “Ok, tell us the truth and nothing but the truth” Frankie started.

“About what?”

“Shut up” Kevin said.

“Kevin stop talking” Frankie said. “Elle we know you like to sabotage people…so why did you start a rumor about Adam and Cass? It’s not Cass”

“Wait…If it’s not Cass then who is it than?” Frankie got scared. He didn’t mean to word it like that. “Adam really is cheating” Elle was shocked. “I didn’t mean it seriously when I started the rumor”

“Oh no…” Kevin said. He hit Frankie on the head.

“Don’t tell” Frankie said. “No one knows, let’s keep it like that”

“Aren’t you friends with Emmi?” Frankie nodded. “Why doesn’t she know her boyfriend is cheating?”

“Well…” Elle ran away, she ran into the gym and looked around for Emmi. She saw her with Jamie and Cass. It looked like Cass was banished from their group, no matter how many times she denied being with Adam.

“Fuck this” Kylan said. “Ryan…let’s dance” Ryan was surprised. “We’re coming out to the school” Ryan smiled and took Kylan’s hand. The two got on the dance floor and held each other in each other’s arms. Jamie took a picture.

“How precious” she said. “I wish I could slow dance with my boyfriend”

“Where have they been?” Emmi asked. “Adam has been talking to everyone but me” she sighed. “It further proves he is cheating”

“Calm down…I’m not surprised about Adam but Frankie is acting strange, too” Jamie said. She was starting to think the rumors are true. “Cass…I just have to ask one more time” Cass turned around and looked Emmi in the eyes.

“I would never do that to you, Emmi” she said. “I have self-respect” she lied. She actually had no respect for herself. If she did she would eat.

“I believe you” Emmi said. “I know someone who will tell me something” Emmi spotted Elle by the door. Elle walked over to them.

“Emmi I have to tell you something” she started. Frankie and Kevin ran into the gym but Elle was already talking to Emmi. “Adam did cheat on you” Emmi started to cry. “Its not with Cass, I know that. Frankie told me”

“Frankie?” Jamie asked. “Wait—why?”

“I started the rumor just to mess with Cass…and I feel terrible about it” Elle admitted. “I’m really sorry Cass” Cass didn’t respond. “I want you to know the truth, though. If anything…I owe you the truth”

“Can you find out who the bitch is?” Emmi asked.

“I definitely will” Frankie and Kevin ran over to the girls.

“Emmi—“ Frankie started.

“Don’t talk to us” Jamie said. “You lied to us…you’re my boyfriend, her friend…how could you keep something like that from us?”

“Adam told us—“

“Who cares!” Cass exclaimed. “It ruined me, it ruined Emmi. Our feelings are way more important then your friendship with Adam” Cass walked away, Emmi and Jamie followed.



An hour passed. Emmi found herself in the bathroom crying with Jamie by her side. Cass ended up in the gym again, sitting by herself just thinking about life.

Kevin wanted to talk to her, but at the same time he was involved in all of this. He took the chance anyways.

He sat next to her on the bleaches. “Hey Cassie” he started.

“Cass” she corrected.

“Oh good, you’re talking to me” he smiled. She tried to hide her smile. “I’m sorry”

“We you involved?” she asked

“I found out the same time Frankie did…I felt really bad but Adam wanted us to keep it a secret. I realize now that I would much rather have a friendship with you then Adam” Cass smiled and started to turn red. Luckily it was dark in the gym. “Want to dance?”

“I’d love to” Kevin took her hand and together they got onto the dance floor and slow danced their problems away. They stared into each other’s eyes and just got lost.

Lex was watching over the dance, pretty depressed that she didn’t have a date. She looked at Kevin and Cass. How did a loser like her get happiness? She wanted happiness. She deserved some happiness.



Adam knocked on the door to the girls bathroom. “Emmi, are you in there?”

“No” Jamie replied. Adam took a chance and walked into the bathroom. It was just Emmi, Jamie and Adam.

“Dude, do you have a vagina?” Jamie asked.

“Just talk to me…or better yet just listen”

“Go ahead”

“It was a mistake”

“Of course”

“I just…we started talking and suddenly I was kissing her and then…I want to be with you” Emmi looked up at Adam.

“I don’t want to be with you”

“But Ems”

“Don’t call me that…we’re done” Adam sighed.

“Now if you could please leave the girl’s bathroom” Jamie pushed him out.



By the last hour of the dance, not many people were dancing. Ryan and Kylan took the center of the dance floor and just held each other while they made out. People were pretty cool about it.

“Wanna go to my place?” Ryan asked. Kylan smirked.

“Lovely”
♠ ♠ ♠
Since i suck at writing sex scenes...especially gay sex scenes...just assume Ryan/Kylan have sex