‹ Prequel: Secrets
Sequel: We Run This Town

The Motto

Kevin

Kevin really wanted to be with Cass. She was very nice and since Winter ball they had been very close, but Kevin didn’t know for sure. He didn’t like rejection. Since Elle was friends with their group now, he went to her.

“Oh Kevin” Elle said. “Of course she likes you—who else would she like? She’s a loser”

“I thought you were friends with her?”

“She’s still weird and a loser…anyways I’ll get you two together. Are you free Saturday?” Kevin nodded. “At three P.M?” he nodded again. “Good, meet me at the Olive Garden up at the mall at an outside seat” Kevin nodded. “I’ll have everything figured out by then”



Elle went to Jamie who went to Cass.

“A blind date?” Cass said. “With who?”

“I think that’s why it’s called a blind date” Jamie said. “You don’t know who it is”

“Well…”

“I’ll be there with you, ok?”

“This better not be one of Elle’s tricks”

“It’s not”



On Saturday, Elle met with Kevin at the local Olive Garden.

“She should be here in a few minutes” Elle said. “I’ll be at the American Eagle, so text me if you need advice”

“I’m kind of nervous—how did you get this together?”

“Oh she doesn’t know. She thinks it’s a blind date so act mysterious and sexy” she joked. “You should get it in, she’s desperate”

“Is she really?”

“She’s never had a boyfriend before. She’s inexperienced. I know you’re not a virgin. Don’t let her down”

Jamie and Cass walked into the Olive Garden. “That’s my cue, text me if you need me” Elle left. Elle walked over to Jamie and Cass.

“Ok Jamie, scram. Cass you’re date is the one in the black hoodie” Elle and Jamie left. Cass saw Kevin and smiled.

The two sat down and had a lovely time. They talked about music and video games and comic books and movies. It was so great they moved it to the local Ice Cream parlor then walked around their town. They were together for HOURS.



Lex stared at her computer screen for what felt like hours. Kevin was online to web chat. Did she want to? She really wanted to ask him out. Sometimes she wished she had Elle as a friend. Elle had the confidence that Lex lacked.

Finally Lex just decided to call Kevin. When she saw his face on her screen she smiled. “Hey” Kevin smiled.

“What’s up?”

“Nothing much. Are you busy tonight?”

“Kind of, Zack’s moving out tonight”

“Oh cool. I wanted to know if anyone was having a party”

“That freshman Derek might have a party if you wanna call” she felt like he wasn’t very interested in talking to her.

“Are you doing anything next weekend?” Kevin thought about Cass, they had fun. Kevin definitely wanted to date her.

“I’m not sure…why?”

“Wanna go on a date sometime?” she asked with a little smirk. Kevin smiled at first but then frowned.

“I’m sorry Lex, I’m seeing someone”

“Oh…oh sorry…I have to go” she quickly closed her web cam. She sighed.

“Cass!” Lex said. “He’s seeing Cass? But she’s such a loser! Ugh!” she groaned. She was going to destroy her. Kevin deserved better.



Frankie couldn’t wait any longer. When he saw Jamie walk into school on Monday he pounced. He waited two weeks before talking to her again. He was smart.

“Hey Jamie”

“I guess it’s time to talk?” Frankie nodded. “Ok…”

“I’m sorry I kept such big info from you guys. Adam told me not to tell. I wanted to tell” He started If it makes you feel any better I punched him when I found out”

“Good”

“So can we go back to normal” Jamie smiled and kissed his cheek. “Love you”

“Love you too” she replied. “Carry my books?”

“Yes my queen”