‹ Prequel: Secrets
Sequel: We Run This Town

The Motto

Lex

Tis the week before Prom and things were getting…frustrating. It was time to buy tickets and make last minute decisions on fashion choices. In some cases it was time to find a date.



Adam looked for his prey. He needed a date and he wouldn’t ask anyone but Emmi. Of course they weren’t talking still so it’s hard to ask.

Adam saw Emmi walk into French, it was his time to ask. He jumped up from his seat and crossed the classroom to her desk.

“Hey Ems” Emmi didn’t respond. “Do you have a date to prom?” she didn’t respond. “Do you want to go with me?” she looked up and gave him this evil look. “I’m taking that as a no”

“I don’t ever want to get back together with you. Like Taylor Swift said we are never ever ever getting back together” she opened a book and commenced reading.

“Ugh” Adam groaned.



“I found the perfect dress this weekend. Just in time” Elle said. Elle and Jamie walked into fourth period chemistry. “But alas, I don’t have a date”

“You’re Lauren Perry. You know every guy in this school. You can find someone”

“I don’t want just anyone, I want the ONE” Elle said. “Someone very cute and sweet and someone who’s horny. I have not had sex in weeks…I think even months”

“I thought about Taylor…have you talked to him lately?”

“No way!” Elle said. “He hates my guts. Besides he has girlfriend issues. You know, Liv”

“I don’t, I haven’t been in this town system for so long”

“Oh, well it’s a story we won’t get into” they took a seat.

“Ok class, get in partners for the lab today…two to a group” Jamie smirked at Frankie. Usually Elle partnered with Lex.

“Great” Elle sighed. She sat by herself while everyone got partnered up. A tall blond hair boy walked up to her desk.

“Hey…need a partner?” Elle stared at him for a moment. Why didn’t he know this beautiful boy? She thought. It was like heaven on earth.

“Yeah” she smiled.

“Cool, I’m Ben”

“Lauren” the two moved to a lab table. Coincidentally both are stupid when it comes to Chemistry.

“So, going to prom?”

“Yeah, dateless unfortunately”

“Me too” Lauren smiled. “Ok I’m so lost I have no idea how to do this”

“Well, that makes two of us” they giggled. “If you need a date to prom…” Ben smirked.

“It takes two to tango” she blushed.



Kevin and Cass weren’t exactly going steady. Cass was new to relationships and Kevin knew that, so he didn’t want to pressure her. But he also wantd a date to prom.

“Hey Cassie” Kevin sat next to her at lunch. Only Emmi was at the table and she was looking at her book. “Wanna go to prom with me?” Cass bit her lip. She’s never been asked to a dance. She wasn’t prepared, she doesn’t even have a dress.

“I don’t know, give me time to think about it?”

“Sure” he got up and left the table. “She’s going to say no” he said.

Lex watched as Kevin walked to his own table. “Sadie, wanna start a rumor with me?” Sadie smirked.

“You know that’s what I’m good at”

“I think Cassie is gay” the girls giggled.

Elle skipped to Emmi’s table. “Guess who has a date to prom!” she squealed.

“You?”

“Yeah!”

“Who?”

“This kid in my chemistry class, Ben, oh my god he is so gorgeous I cannot wait for you to meet him”

“He’s in our grade?”

“No he’s a senior”

“Oh cool”

“I hear Adam wants to take you to prom”

“I’m still not talking to him”

“How long has it been since you broke up with him?” Emmi counted on her right hand.

“Seems like four months” she said.

“Are you not over it?”

“I’m over it…I don’t want to date a cheater”

“Oh”

Kylan walked into the cafeteria angrily. He sat down at the table and practically slammed his head down on the table.

“Something wrong, Ky?”

“Ryan and I broke up” Elle and Emmi both gasped.

“NO WAY!”

“Yes way!” Kylan exclaimed. “I feel like it’s my fault. I kind of want to see other people. I feel comfortable. I’m out of the closet, I comfortable with my sexuality”

“Before prom?”

“Yeah…so looks like I’m dateless”

“Aww” Elle said. “well, hate to be a party pooper but I have a date” Kylan sighed.

“If the school slut has a date then you know your life is sad”



That weekend the girls and Kylan went dress shopping.

“I don’t even know if I should go anymore. What’s the point. The best part of dances are rubbing in peoples faces that you have a significant other”

“I’m with you” Emmi said. “It’s like if you don’t have a date then you shouldn’t even bother going”

“Wanna be my date?”

“Sure” Kylan smiled. “That worked out”

“I can’t decide on a dress” Jamie said. “I wanted to make my own but it’s too much work”

“I wish I cared” KYlan said. “Being a guy rocks…what color is your dress, Emmi? Oh wait I don’t care”

“I hate you”

“I get that a lot”

“Relax” Elle said. “You might not be wearing the dress for that long”

“Sex isn’t everything you know” Kylan said.

“That’s coming from the sex machine” Emmi said. “Don’t answer for us virgins…sex isn’t everything you know, Elle”

“Just saying” Cass quietly looked at dresses and saw a dress she really liked, unfortunately she didn’t have any kind of money to buy such an expensive dress. She really wanted to go to prom with kevin but…it’s just too much.

“Cass, are you going to prom?” Elle asked.

“No” she said. She stared at this white dress with silver sparkles all over. It was strapless and long and flowing. It was perfect.

“Why not?”

“I don’t have money to buy a dress”

“Well I have some dresses at home” Elle said. “I can lend you one”


The group of girls (and Kylan) went to Elle’s house. Cass found the dress of her dreams. It was long, strapless and form puffy. It was light blue with silver sparkles on the chest.

“It looks so lovely on you, Cass!” Jamie raved

“It does” Cass said. “Hey throw me my phone” Cass texted Kevin immediately. She was definitely going to prom.



“LEX! LEX!” Sadie stopped Lex as she was walking to class the next day of school. “Guess who just found you a date to prom”

“NO FUCKING WAY…wait, who?”

“My brother’s friend”

“Your brother is gay”

“He has plenty of straight friends. His friend Randy Williams is a junior at this other school…he needs a date to his prom and you need a date to our prom. We made a deal”

“well is he hot?” Sadie opened a picture of Randy on her phone. “Holy shit”

“Why am I not being thanked?” Lex hugged Sadie.

“You’re the bestest friend to ever exist…how do I ever repay you?”

“Get laid and tell me all about it”

“Deal”