‹ Prequel: Secrets
Sequel: We Run This Town

The Motto

Emmi

Adam and Emmi agreed to go out on a date. Adam wasn’t too sure about the whole thing but he wouldn’t know unless he tried, like Frankie told him. Frankie and Jamie tagged along so it wouldn’t be that awkward.

“I can’t bowl” Emmi admitted. They walked into the bowling ally and took a seat. Frankie and Jamie went to get them shoes.

“I’ll teach you” Adam said. “I have to say, I’m a really good bowler” she giggled. “I should consider going pro” she giggled again. She looked very pretty that night. She curled her hair and put on a lot of make up and she was wearing a skirt. Not the most appropriate outfit for bowling but who cared. Adam was in to it.

Frankie came back with the shoes. “Ok size 7 for the lady” he gave the shoes to Emmi. “And size 1,000 for Adam” Adam rolled his eyes. “So boys against girls?”

“Ok, we can take them” Adam said. Jamie rolled her eyes.

“No way” Jamie said. “I was thinking couple against couple”

“Nope” adam said. “Frankie, huddle up”

Jamie smirked at Emmi. “I told Adam I sucked at bowling” she said.

“I’ve taught you so well”

The game started. Gender V. Gender was a good idea. The boys were winning with a slight lead over the girls. Emmi played dumb when it came to bowling. Then toward the end of the game Emmi hit all strikes. The boys got their asses kicked.

“WORLD DOMINATION!!!” the girls exclaimed. They hugged. Adam shook his head.

“You said you sucked!”

“Opps” she said. “I lied” Adam smirked.

“Well then, what is our prize?” Jamie asked Emmi. “Should they streak around town, buy us dinner…”

“I like streaking” Frankie said. The three of them stared at Frankie like he was an alien or something. “It’s freeing”

“We’ll buy you dinner” Adam said.



The four took the date to a local restaurant. Adam was having a lot of fun. Emmy was very funny and flirtatious. Completely opposite to what he thought.

“So I heard you tried out for cheerleading” Adam started. “How’d that go?”

“Oh I didn’t make it” Emmi said. It actually made her upset. She wanted to make the team really bad. She hated the cheerleader type but Adam liked and dated a lot of cheerleaders.

“Lex ran try-outs” Frankie said. “She hates everyone. Expect for Elle”

“Elle’s a total bitch” Jamie said. “I’ve been here for one week and I can’t stand her”

“I know right…she’s like…she’s like a total…”

“Bitch?” Emmi responded to Frankie.

“Yeah, a bitch”

“She’s still dating that Taylor guy” Emmi said.

“Don’t even bring up the class of 2013” Adam said. “They were so dysfunctional”

“Sooo” Frankie started, needing to change the subject. Kaya’s death was still off the table for what is appropriate to talk about. “How are you guys liking school so far” he slyly put his arm around Jamie. She smiled and slid closer to him.

“I like it. People say Junior year is the hardest year but I have an easy schedule” Adam said.

“I like having art first period” Jamie said. “I like how Miss Fraser doesn’t give a shit what we do”

“I know, she’s awesome” Frankie said. “You can listen to music or paint or use photoshop. Last year I passed my face onto a picture of Ryan Reynolds so I could be next to Scarlett Johannson”

“Oh I remember that!” Adam said. “You made the front page of the newspaper” they high fived. Jamie giggled.

“Why don’t you just masturbate like all the other guys?”

“I’m too cool for that” Frankie said.



When the date was over Adam drove Frankie and Jamie home. On the way home Frankie and Jamie agreed to go out again the following weekend. This time without Adam and Emmi.

Adam made sure he dropped Emmi off last. He wanted to talk to her more. She was cool, he was cool. This relationship could work.

He got out of the car and the two held hands and he walked her to the door of her house.

“So next weekend…are you doing anything?”

“Well I have band and a football game on Friday” Emmi said. “But pretty clear schedule” he smiled.

“So, wanna go out again…maybe see a movie together?” Emmi smiled.

“I’d really like that”

“You’re really cool…I really, really had a lot of fun tonight”

“I had fun too” It was one of those cliché moments. They were holding hands, they were smiling at each other and saying things. Adam leaned in and kissed her cheek.

Emmi immediately turned red. “Cute” he said. “I’ll see you at school on Monday” he walked back to his car. Emmi walked inside her house and fell to the ground, she was just that happy.



On Monday, Jamie was so happy. She practically floated into the school, with a big smile on her face.

She skipped into art during first period and sat down next to Cass. Cass smiled.

“How was your weekend?”

“Amazing” Jamie gushed. “He’s so funny…and adorable…and we like all the same things…he’s creative and…” as Jamie listed out all these things Cass thought about her friendship with Jamie. She didn’t want to lose Jamie as a friend. She liked Jamie, she was the first good friend she’s had in years. Because of Jamie she’s become closer with Emmi and Kylan and even Frankie to some extent. “It was so lovely”

“I’m so happy to hear that” Cass choked out. She felt forced to say it.

“But…I’m not convinced. Everyone back home in England talks about how dirty and perverted American boys are” she said. “I need to get to know him more” Frankie walked into the art room. “Oh god how do I talk to him?” she turned her back to him.

“Just talk to him…I’m right here to assist”



Kylan laid in the tree house in his back hard. He looked up to the wood ceiling and examined all the pictures Kaya and Alice had carved into it. He really missed Kaya. On days like these he needed someone to talk to. Only Kaya understood how frustrated it was to be themselves. She truly had the best advice.

“I need a boyfriend” he said. “I’m seventeen years old I’m overdo for my first relationship” he said. “But at the same time I’d need to come out of the closet” he sighed. “It’s a conflicting life I live” his phone started to vibrate. He sighed.

He picked up phone and looked at the text. “Oh my jesus Christ vevo”



Kylan made sure he was at the bus stop before Emmi on the next day of school. He had some drama news for her. Already, she couldn’t even enjoy her first week with a boyfriend.

“What’s the fuss?” Jamie asked. Emmi finally arrived at their bus stop. “I’ve been waiting for…” she looked at her watch. “Ten whole minutes!”

“I know why you didn’t make cheer squad” Kylan said. Emmi gave him a look.

“Why are we still on about this?”

“I have insiders…I know how good you are and I wanted to know why Lex didn’t choose you”

“Well…why?”

“It turns out Lex likes Adam”

“I knew that”

“And she’s not too happy he took you out on a date. When she found out she made sure Elle got your spot on the team” Kylan explained. Emmi smirked.

Although she didn’t make the team which was disappointing enough she felt a sort of power surging through her veins. She made Lex angry. She could make her way up the popularity list just by dating Adam.

See, let me break it down. This whole new generation of students bases everything off of the social food chain. If your a lion, then you are popular. If you’re a mouse, then you’re not popular. The popular kids get the most perks and get treated like celebrities while the little mouses are treated like trash.

Unfortunately this class, the class of 2015 was heading in the same direction as the class of 2013. They were going down a dangerous road, with jealousy, sex, drugs and violence would destroy their last two years of high school.
♠ ♠ ♠
hopefully this will get more interesting...