Status: slow updates

Clueless

e l e v e n

*Ben's p.o.v.*

I woke up when I felt something tugging at my wrists. Fuck, my wrists hurt.
I hissed in pain and opened my eyes, only to find the room completely dark. Whatever I was laying on was hard and cold, and I was bound to it by some type of leather bindings that were biting at my sensitive skin.

"Hello?" I croaked.

"Shut the fuck up!" Someone near me growled. "He'll hear you."

"Who are you?" I whimpered, squinting as if it would help me to see. It didn't, of course.

"That doesn't matter right now. All that matters is getting everyone out of here before Mr. Tony comes back," the person said. Their voice was too quiet and rushed for me to actually figure out who it was, but I recognized it.

Suddenly, something sharp was held to my wrist and I had to swallow back a scream that wanted to escape my throat.
I sighed with relief when I felt the binds on my right wrist fall away. I moved my wrist about uncomfortably since it was stiff.

"Wake your wolf. You'll need him to see," the mystery person demanded.

"I... I don't know how!" I cried, but it was instantly cut off by a small, firm hand clamping over my mouth.

"I'll explain later. Just trust me. Focus, alright?" he ordered.

"Focus on what?" I whispered.

"Focus on something bad that's happened to you. Something that makes you pissed off beyond belief. Focus on it. Your wolf will try to take over, let it."

Panic bubbled up in my chest and I bit my lip. "What if it takes over completely? What if I can't stop it?" I whimpered.

"Trust me."

I couldn't help but feel like I could trust this person. But I didn't know why, and it scared me.

"O-okay," I said.

I shut my eyes, even though I couldn't see anything anyway, and started thinking about the worst things possible.
Danny.
That was the only thing that could come to mind. Soon enough, I was lost in a memory. The memories of Danny coming to Gilds. How I instantly felt a connection with him...
Then things turned sour, and I noticed Danny wasn't eating. My friends didn't approve of my friendship with the new kid in the loony bin, and everyone gave me judgmental stares. Then Danny, on the shower floor. Water pouring over his paled skin, crimson flowing off his skin, mingling with the stream of water, turning pink.

"D-Danny," I whimpered, squeezing my eyes tightly shut.

They were taking him away from me.
I could see his father beating him, now. Raping him. Crushing his sanity bit by bit with each time he lay a fist on his son's skin.

I growled, my wolf finally waking at the thought of anyone hurting Danny.

My eyes snapped open and I growled again, this time louder. My senses heightened, and I could see through the inky blackness. I was tied to a cold metal gurney, bound by thick leather straps.
I was in a cold room that reeked of something indescribable.
Curiosity drew my eyes up to the boy I'd been talking to, and my breath caught in my throat.
It wasn't a boy.

She was shorter than me; about 5'6". Her hair was matted and wild, like a huge dark brown knot atop her head. Her eyes were an extremely dark blue, watching me carefully, like a predator stalking its prey.

"Rebekah?" I whispered, eyeing her wearily.

"Benjamin, we have to go," she growled lowly.

Maybe that's why I hadn't realized who she was. Her voice was rough with disuse. It was low with the voice of her wolf trying to mix in.

I took her in with my eyes.
She looked the same, but not the same all the while. She was taller and older, of course. I hadn't seen her in years. But she was still her. She'd been blonde before I left, but had let the dye grow out, so she was back to her original colour. Her clothes were torn, and she was stick-thin. Not to mention her wrists and ankles were raw and bleeding. On her left wrist she even had a broken chain.
"Bex, what happened," I began, reaching out to touch her. She flinched away and snarled.

"It's a long story, Ben. We have to go get the others," she insisted, instead grabbing my arm to take me away.
She easily untied my bindings and pulled me up effortlessly. Wow, she'd gotten strong.
I glanced to the other side of the room to find a cage with broken chains on the inside.

I forced myself to swallow the bile rising in my throat as Rebekah pulled me up the stairs. There were cobwebs and rat droppings littering the stairs as we flew up them.
We climbed for what seemed like hours, but realistically took minutes. It was hard to wrap my head around what was going on.
I thought I'd died, but I hadn't. Mr. Tony had drugged me, and I'd woken up in a basement, chained to a gurney.
I was guessing Rebekah had been in the cage on the other side of the room, but where did she fit into all of this? And since when was she a wolf? Last I'd seen her, she was an innocent twelve year old girl playing with her little friends.

"Give me a hand, would you?" she asked, her voice snapping me from my thoughts.
We were at a large cement door, dead bolted from the outside.

Rebekah was pushing as hard as she could, the door making descent progress of moving. I threw myself at the door, using my wolf's energy to help move it along, and I could see Rebekah using the same method.

She looked up, her feral eyes landing on mine.
"On three. One... Two... Three!"

The door flew open and I landed on the carpeted floor with Rebekah landing on top of me. She leaped off of me instantly and dusted herself off, though it was no help.
Her clothes were dirty and ripped. She looked like a mad woman, raised by wolves (no pun intended). She looked like she'd been living in the woods for months.

She eyed me uneasily, then her dark, secret-ridden eyes shifted away from me. She sniffed the air, then looked down the hallway, to the right.
"There's one more... this way."

I stood up, shaking off the shock of everything, and followed after Bex quickly. We passed room after room. Blank walls. Shit lighting.

Eventually, she stopped, and I had to stop myself abruptly before I crashed into her back. I peeked around her shoulder and saw a wooden door in splinters. I recognized it as the room I'd been held in before Mr. Tony had drugged me.
A familiar scent traveled through the door, and I jumped in front of Rebekah to get in.

Just as I was getting into the room, Rebekah gripped my wrist and pulled me back to her.
"You don't know who could be in there. Don't trust anyone, especially not the employees. Only trust the ones like us... The wolves, okay? Trust me. Trust the wolves."
Her eyes held a glint that I couldn't figure out, but she looked genuinely concerned.

I nodded, unsure if she would be alright with a hug, and went into the room.
Everything was torn apart. The moon was still up, and I could feel my wolf clawing its way into my brain, but I forced it back down. It finally gave up and decided to side with me.
I felt in control of my wolf, and for that I was glad, because I saw someone laying on the floor, curled into a ball. Their shoulders shook, and I could hear tiny sobs escaping his lips.

I couldn't believe my eyes.
"Danny?" I whispered, taking a slow step forward.

The shaking stopped. The noises of sorrow stopped. He even seemed to stop breathing.

"Ben? Benji?" Danny asked, slowly sitting up. He turned around and his tear stained face came into view.

"Danny," I choked on a sob, staring at his form as he stood up and ran at me.

He closed the space between us and wrapped his arms around my neck, and his legs around my waist. I hugged him to me tightly, breathing him in.
Tears started spilling down my cheeks at an insanely quick pace, my breathing coming in quick gasps.

"Ben. Oh my god, Ben," Danny cried, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"I-I thought," I sobbed, holding him even tighter, if that was possible. "They said y-you were d-dead."

He pulled away slightly, moving his hands to rest on either side of my face, and just stared into my eyes, a smile on his perfect face.
"I... I did," he said softly. He sniffled. "B-but then they brought me back. A-and they p-put me in this r-room, and I b-broke the window. I sh-shifted and I sneaked o-out while I was a w-wolf. And I got to your r-room."

Realization dawned on me and I gasped. "You were the dog?" I whispered, clutching the backs of his thighs tightly.

He nodded, his hair falling in his face.

"You two. Come on, we haven't got all day. We have to escape," Rebekah called from the doorway, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Benji, who's-"

"I'll explain later," I promised, giving him a reassuring smile before I gently set him on his feet and turned to the door. "Where are we going, exactly?" I asked, the question directed toward Bex.

"We have to go get the others, of course," she said shortly, turning on her heel and disappearing down the hallway.

Danny slipped his hand into mine and we left the room quickly, following the retreating form of Rebekah.

"What does she mean by the others?" Danny asked in a hushed tone.

"I don't know," I mumbled.

"I'm guessing that it's about supper time, and none of the guards are about. They usually have staff meetings during meals, yeah?" Rebekah called down the hallway.

"I don't know," I shouted back, but that seemed like enough confirmation to her and she slowed so Danny and I could catch up.

I couldn't believe it. Danny was alive and Rebekah was here, at Gilds.
I was so confused...

We winded down hallways similar to the ones in the corridors outside of the mental ward, and finally reached a door.
Rebekah opened it with ease, and suddenly conversation flowed through the door. The three of us walked through the door, Rebekah confidently, Danny and I hiding behind her.
The conversation seemed to stop as we closed the door again, the bolt broken, so it seemed useless to attempt to lock it.

"Who's that?" I heard someone yell.

"Is that Daniel and Benjamin?" someone else shouted.

Everyone started yelling simultaneously. Rebekah looked around angrily, her hands clamped to fists at her sides.
"Alright, everyone shut the fuck up and listen!" She screamed after a moment. Her voice ricocheted dangerously over everyone else's and all conversation ceased.
"This place isn't what you think it is," Rebekah continued. She turned to Danny and I and made sure that our small huddle were the only people to hear the rest. "And we've got to get out. Tonight."

Her outburst just caused another eruption of talk.
Someone came running toward us, and Rebekah growled, but I pushed past her and greeted Cameron with a hug. Sam and James came not too long after, and we ended up having an awkward type of group hug.

"Mr. Tony said you guys were dead!" James exclaimed as we all dispersed from our hug.

"Mitchell says a lot of things," Rebekah countered, walking over to the five of us.

"Who are you?" he asked suspiciously, looking at Rebekah.

"She's my sister," I piped up, glancing at her, then at my friends. "And... Danny, Rebekah and I are werewolves."
♠ ♠ ♠
IDK :-) comments are lovely
love you all, thanks for reading so far!