Status: slow updates

Clueless

t w e l v e

*Sam's p.o.v.*

"Wake up, Sam. Please," Cameron's voice filtered into my unconsciousness.

I slowly opened my eyes with a bit of struggle, and when I'd managed, Cam's concern-filled face was the first thing I saw.
I smiled slightly and propped myself up on my stiff elbows, the joints protesting with the effort I exerted.

"Yeah?" I asked softly, my voice hoarse from the disuse. I cleared my throat slightly and frowned.

"I don't know... You haven't gotten up in, like, two days... I thought you'd want to go to lunch, maybe?" he replied quietly, giving me a hopeful smile.

"No. No thanks," I murmured, leaning up to press my lips to his in a chaste kiss. "I'm just tired."

Cameron's lips drooped and he shook his head, reaching up and brushing his fingers against my cheek.
"Like I said, you've been sleeping for two days. I know you're upset-"

"Upset?" I echoed, shaking my head. "Two of my best friends are dead."
I left it at that and turned on my side, nestling against the pillow.

The bed shifted and Cameron slipped under the blanket I was under, curling against my back. His arms snaked around my waist from behind and he pulled me closer, so his warm body was flush against mine. Finally, he rested his head in the crook of my neck.

I smiled a bit at the comfort Cam gave me, but it quickly faded because I remembered that Danny had suspected that I'd had feelings for Cameron. Which I did. In fact, Danny had set the two of us up in the game room. I'd of course spilled everything, and now, well...

"They were my friends too," Cam whispered, kissing a spot behind my ear gently. "I know you're hurting. Please, just come to the dining hall. Eat something. Talk to James and I."

"I don't want to talk," I pouted.
Cam chuckled and I sighed.
"Can I wear my sweats?"

"Of course," he replied, standing up.

I stood up after him and stretched before following Cameron sluggishly out of our room.
The florescent yellow-tinted lights of the hallway were bright, and they caused me to squeeze my eyes shut and instinctively cling to Cam's back.

"You okay?" he asked, his voice making his back rumble from the vibration of his voice.

I smashed my face against his shirt and groaned irritably.
"I'm most certainly not okay. I've been living like a fucking mole for the past week and now you've dragged me from my hole of misery," I sighed, my voice muffled in Cameron's shirt.

"At least you seem a little more lively," he murmured.

"I'd rather be sleeping," I grumbled, moving so I was standing next to Cam, and grabbed his hand.

He responded by squeezing my hand gently, then dropped it as we rounded the corner that led to the dining hall.
Being the gentleman he was, Cameron opened the door for me. I smiled and we walked side by side to the food counter.
I picked up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and water. Cam got cereal and some fruit.
Even though there was no one else in the cafeteria yet, James had decided on our usual table. Cam and I didn't complain, though, because we didn't need any unwanted attention.

I sat next to James, and Cameron across from me. I tried not to think that I was sitting in Ben's spot, and Danny wasn't at his spot next to Cameron.
I especially tried not to think about how if I'd never met Danny, I wouldn't be sitting here, I wouldn't have friends, and I wouldn't be dating Cameron.

"Hey, earth to Sam," James said, knocking me from my thoughts.

I looked up, noticing that both Cam and him were looking at me strangely.
"Um, sorry," I said softly, plucking my sandwich from the plate and taking a small bite. "What were you saying?"

"Nothing," Cam mumbled, reaching across the table and laying his hand over mine. "Are you alright?"

"Who's that?" Someone yelled.
I didn't have the chance to answer, seeing as Cameron and James had turned their attention toward the commotion going on near the wall farthest from our table.

"Is that Daniel and Benjamin?"

I jumped up from my seat and ran toward the crowd of people at the mention of my friends' names.

"Wait! Sam!" Cameron yelled from behind me.
I ignored him of course and shoved past people, but finally stopped when I felt his hand close around my shoulder.

I turned around and bit my bottom lip.
"Are they over there?" I whispered, looking up to catch Cam's gaze. "Daniel and Ben?"

"I dunno. Just stick by James, alright? I'll go look," he said softly.

I nodded, my curiosity itching to go see what the fuss was about, but I just retreated over to James, who was next to his friend Devin.

"Hey curls," Devin said in his usual timid voice. I smiled and nodded my head at him in reply, not really paying any attention as I just turned my head straight back to the commotion.
"You know what's happening over there?" Dev continued. I looked at him briefly.

"Want to find out?"

Devin smiled and we started toward the crowd again.
"Hey, Cam said to stay back..." James said, but walked behind Dev and I anyway.

"Alright, everyone shut the fuck up and listen," someone yelled from the middle of the gathering. Whoever it was sounded strange.
The talking around the dining hall stopped abruptly and I quickened my pace a bit.
"This place isn't what you think it is," the person said.
I'd grabbed Devin's hand and was pulling him. I had to get past a few more people...

I finally broke through the crowd, finding Cameron embracing two people.
Danny and Ben. I'd been right.

I let out a strange noise filled with a mix of emotions, and dropped Devin's hand. I ran to my friends and jumped on them, James' familiar weight joining the group seconds later.

We let go of each other after a moment and James was the first to speak.

"Mr. Tony said you guys were dead," he exclaimed.

"Mitchell says a lot of things," the person from before said gruffly, striding over to our group.

"Mitchell?" I muttered under my breath, looking at the girl carefully.

"Who are you?" James asked with an edge to his voice as he regarded the girl.

"She's my sister," Ben said. I looked at him. "And... Danny, Rebekah and I are werewolves."

"Werewolves?" I echoed, frowning. "That's bloody ridiculous."
Everyone looked to me and I bit my lip. Danny looked hurt. What did I do to hurt him?

I opened my mouth to apologise, but the girl- Rebekah- cut me off.
"I thought it was too until a fucking psychopath doctor dragged me from home and locked me in the basement to use me for his tests."

"Wh-what?" I squeaked, surprised by the new information. "What tests?"

"Just... Tests, alright? I'll tell you more when we get out of here. Believe me when I tell you that we need to get out of this place as soon as possible." Rebekah said, her eyes brimming with madness.

"How can we trust you?" Cameron asked, voicing my thoughts.

She snorted and crossed her arms. "I know a lot of things I shouldn't. You can't help but overhear private conversations when you have super hearing and you're stripped of your sight."

"Okay well... How are we going to get out, then?" Cameron continued, watching Rebekah carefully.

"Exit door," Ben chimed in. "It's near my room."

"Let's go," Rebekah said after a moment. "Get as many people to follow as possible. Ben, lead."

Ben started walking, his hand locking onto Danny's, and his sister followed.
I looked at Cameron and James incredulously. James shrugged at my expression and went over to the crowd of people to find people to bring along.

"Are we seriously going to follow them?" I whispered to my boyfriend. Cam looked down at me and frowned, taking my hand in his.

"Yeah, I guess," he muttered. "Danny and Ben are our friends."

I pressed my lips together tightly and squeezed Cam's larger hand.
We walked out of the dining hall together, and James emerged from the sea of people not too long after we'd left.
He jogged to catch up, and when he did I saw that he'd brought Devin, of course. He also had Alan Ashby, Ricky Olson, Chris Motionless, Andy Glass and Matt Nicholls. I didn't really know any of them, but I'd seen James hanging around with them occasionally. All of them looked just as confused as I felt.

"We're coming," Ronnie Radke and his crew spilled out of the doorway and I felt my eyes widen.

"No," Ben said defiantly, barely offering a glance as he led us toward the exit.

"We'll follow you," Max countered, eyeing me in a way that sent shivers down my spine.
Why was he looking at me?

"Fine," Rebekah cut Ben off. "But we won't hesitate to leave you behind."

Ben growled at the floor. I could almost see the smirk on the four boys' filthy mouths, though I wasn't looking at them.

The rest of the walk toward the depressed hallway was in silence, except for our muffled footsteps on the carpeted floors. I was gripping Cam's hand tightly, deep in thought.

Why did we have to leave? Who was Rebekah, really? Could we trust her? What happened to Danny and Ben, and how could they still be alive?

Millions of questions swirled in my head.

"Okay, all of you need to follow me once we get outside, yeah? Stick close. I'm assuming most of you aren't wolves, so that means it'll be longer to get to the nearest city," Rebekah said, thinking aloud. "Um, alright. So who of us is a wolf, anyway?"

"Me," Ben and Danny mumbled at the same time.

"I knew that," Rebekah muttered back, rolling her eyes.

"Um," Beau said quietly. "I am..."

"Dude, no you're not," Ronnie snapped, hitting his friend's head. "Just because you think the chick's hot doesn't mean that you have to make shit up to impress her.

Beau growled and hit Ronnie back.
"I'm not making shit up," he whined.

Rebekah chuckled, all the while having been watching the two boys argue.
"Alright. You, come," she ordered, gesturing for Beau to get closer. He complied uneasily and stood in front of the shorter girl, biting his lip.
Rebekah sniffed the air a few times, then pulled Beau closer to her and got on her toes. She stared him in the eye, and he blushed furiously as she searched his eyes.
"He's telling the truth," she said quietly, giving Ronnie a smirk. "His wolf just hasn't been awake in a while."
Rebekah looked at all of us individually, her eyes raking over us intently, then she walked in circles around each of us. When she'd finished, she crossed her arms.
"What the fuck..." she said. "How did Mitchell manage to get you all?"
Everyone glanced at each other wearily.
"Werewolves," she continued, shaking her head and pointing at Ben, Danny, Beau and Devin. "Fucking hell... Dhampir," she muttered disbelievingly, pointing to Ricky.
"Vampire." Chris.
"Pixie." Alan.
"Incubus." Oliver.
"Basilisk." Max.
"Humans." Ronnie, Matt, James, Cameron and Andy.

"What the fuck is a dhampir?" Chris exclaimed, glancing at Ricky.

"Well it basically means one of his parents was a vampire and one was a human," Rebekah explained quickly, looking at all of us in awe.

"What's a pixie?" Alan asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Redheaded fairies," Rebekah chuckled, looking at Alan's hair. "And before you ask, fairies are heavenly little gits that have all these amazing powers or some shit."
Alan frowned and held his hands out in front of him like he had never seen himself before.
"Any more questions or can we get a move on?" she asked impatiently.

"What's an incubus?" Oliver asked.

"Sex demon," Rebekah shrugged. "And a basilisk is-"

"I know what a basilisk is," Max said, rolling his eyes.

"Alright. Good. Let's go," Rebekah said, opening the door, which let in the light spring breeze.

"Wait," I said, taking a step toward her. She looked at me coldly. "You... didn't say what I was," I said softly, wrapping my arm around my side uncomfortably. Cam squeezed the hand he held in his.

"I don't know," she said, giving me a slight smile. "But we can figure that out later. Let's leave, yeah?"

She didn't know what I was? How could she know what everyone else was but not me?

We all followed her out of the exit door, then let it shut with a dull thud.
She turned to us and crossed her arms.
"I have a sort of plan. We've got five wolves, including me. We could turn and then carry two people apiece. Pixies can fly, so can basilisks. Vampires can run pretty quick, I recon ours could keep up. That leaves eight that need assistance if they wanna keep up... So I'll take you two," Rebekah said coolly, then pointed to Andy and Oliver.

"I've got Ron," Max stated, gripping Ronnie's arm.

"I'll carry Ricky," Chris said, looking at his shoes.

"I'll take Matt and James," Devin offered.

"I'll take Cameron and Sam," Ben concluded, giving us a smile.

"Okay. Since wolves take the longest to turn, you guys can figure that out... Max, you know how to shift right?" Rebekah said.

"Yeah," Max confirmed with a smirk.

"Alan, sit on the ground and just touch the grass... Clear your mind and that should be enough to make you change, alright?" Rebekah told Alan.
Everyone stared at her and she put her hands on her hips.
"Get at it, then."

"You just told some of us we're not human and you think it'll be that fucking easy?" Alan shouted, balling his hands to fists. "And my cat's still inside! Some of us have things we'd like to bring with us!"

"Do you want to die?" Rebekah asked calmly.

Alan choked on a sob and shook his head. "I just don't know what's happening... I don't... I-I..."
He sat on the ground and did what Rebekah had told him to do.

She in turn smiled and shut her own eyes. One second she was just standing there, the next she was a fucking wolf.

"That's fucking..." Oliver trailed off, his eyes shining as he stared at the white wolf that was standing in front of us.
He went over to her and ran a hand over her head, and she made an odd sound before nudging his hand away. He climbed onto her back, and then helped Andy on behind him.

"So we're really doing this," I whispered, clutching Cameron's hand tightly. How could I really believe this was happening? It was so unnatural. It couldn't be real, could it?

"It'll be fine. I'm sure everyone is just as freaked out as you are... We just have to get out of here, alright?" Cam said reassuringly.

"You've got to be kidding me," I mumbled as I looked up again.

There were four wolves-- three brown ones and a white one-- and then Max, who had sprouted scaly wings and a tail. Not to mention he was a sickly green colour, and his eyes were shining yellow.
Alan was still on the ground, but he looked a lot calmer. His skin was pulsing, and had a blue tint to it.

"Jesus... this isn't happening," I whined, closing my eyes.

"Come on," Cameron chuckled, obviously taking everything better than I was. I opened my eyes to glare at him and he pulled me over to the wolves.

"What if they, like, try to eat us?" I whispered anxiously to him.

Cameron leaned down and kissed the side of my head.
"They're our friends," he mumbled against my ear.

"But what if they-"

"They're our friends. That's all we've got," Cam admitted.

The biggest brown wolf stepped toward us and barked.
"Is that, uh, Ben?" I asked.

It barked again and Cam and I got on his back. Ben the wolf had unruly hair that was wiry yet somehow soft. He was about the size of a great dane, whereas the others were a bit smaller, like Labrador retrievers.

Cameron wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in the crook of my neck.
"Did you see Alan?" he giggled.

I looked around but didn't see him at all.
"Um no," I muttered.

Ben moved and I had to hold onto his fur to stop myself from falling down. When I looked, I realized that he was rubbing his face against a new wolf's neck. The new wolf was smaller than the others, probably the size of a medium-sized puppy. It was midnight black, and when it looked up, I realized it was Daniel.

"Fucking hell," I mumbled. My mind felt like it would explode. This could not be happening. This couldn't be real.

"You're shaking," Cameron whispered. "Are you okay?"

I leaned back against him and sighed.
No. I'm not okay. "Yeah."

We started our journey away from Gilds not long after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Main characters from now on-- Beau Bokan, Ronnie Radke, Devin Oliver, Ricky Olson, Alan Ashby, Matt Nicholls, Ben Bruce, Danny Worsnop, James Cassells, Chris Motionless, Rebekah Bruce, Max Green, Oliver Skyes, Cameron Liddell, Sam Bettley, and Andy Glass.

I WAS WATCHING SUPERNATURAL AND SINCE IT'S MY #1 FANDOM IT'S SORT OF ALTERED MY MINDSET SO UM HERE HAVE SOME WEIRD SHIT.