Status: slow updates

Clueless

f o u r t e e n

*Danny's p.o.v.*

I seriously didn't know how hard it was to deal with a group of hungry, tired, stupid teenagers up until then. I mean, I knew what it was like to be hungry all too well. I knew what it was like to spend countless days and nights awake. But apperently, some of them didn't, because all that I could hear that third night was complaining.

"But you said we'd be there by now," Alan whined, burying his face in his hands.

Rebekah scoffed and snapped a twig she'd been holding.
"I did not," she argued, crossing her arms over her bare chest. "So stop whining. We'll be there soon enough."

"Where is 'there', exactly?" The red head countered, his voice muffled.

I just stared at the two. We were the last ones awake, everyone else scattered about in a circular form. They'd been arguing like that since we'd stopped for the day, and it was quickly changing from entertaining to flat out annoying.

"You do realise that you can't go home, yeah?" Rebekah asked, showing no sign of interest. She didn't even look up to meet Alan's fiery gaze. "That's the first place they'll look. The doctors aren't stupid, they work for Mitchell after all."

"Then where do we go?" Alan hissed, crossing his arms like Rebekah had.

She just shrugged and leaned further into Oliver's shoulder. He'd offered to be a pillow.

I instinctively leaned closer to Ben, and his arms in turn tightened around my waist, though I knew it was more of a reflex than anything since he was still asleep.

Alan just shook his head, irritated, and retreated to a nearby tree trunk to sleep.

I looked over to Ben's sister, who was biting her thumbnail and staring blankly at the starless sky.

I sighed quietly and looked at the brunette across from me. She resembled Ben a bit, but her hair was darker. She had softer features, and she wasn't as stickly. Her almond shaped hazel eyes turned to meet mine and she just stared as blankly as before.

"Hi," I said softly.

The side of her mouth twitched slightly.
"Hey," she replied.
I continued staring at her and she just stared right back.
"You think a lot," she whispered, cocking her head to the side. "What are you thinking about now?"

I looked down, then, and shrugged my shoulders.
"Everything," I admitted.

"Why?" Rebekah asked, her eyes shining with curiosity.

Not 'what', 'why'.

"Because, what's not to think about?" I murmured, hugging myself. "You think all the time. I think all the time. Everyone just thinks, and it sucks, because sometimes I just don't want to."
Her knowing eyes just settled on mine and she nodded.
"He's taken an interest in you," I swapped topics, looking at Oliver pointedly.

"And he's taken an interest in you," Rebekah replied, not even glancing at the guy she was laying on. I knew that she was talking about Ben by the way her gaze softened considerably and she took on a small smile.

I nodded shortly and sighed.
"Do you... Do you know where we might go if we make it back?" I asked hopefully.

Rebekah just shrugged. "I was going to say that we should break and go along our own paths... Alone," she said.

I felt a pang of fear finally take over me. I could have inferred that. I should have inferred that.
I was going to be alone. Alone. I didn't like that word. I didn't like the thought of having to walk the world alone, without anyone that was here. Especially Ben. I was going to lose him again? Was I going to lose everything?
I couldn't go home- none of us could. People were going to look for us. We were like prisoners to Gilds, and I hadn't even begun to comprehend Mr. Tony's motive. Were any of us truly insane? Did we have real problems?

"-But I was thinking," Rebekah continued, looking at Oliver's heavily tattooed arms around her waist as she traced the intricate patterns with her fingertips. I shut my eyes, ready to be told that I was never going to see my boyfriend again, or my friends. "We could stick together."
My eyes flew open in relief and I stared at her dubiously.
She in turn smiled at me.
"I mean, I don't really know you guys, but I kind of want to get to. And if we stay together, we have a better chance of not getting caught. Also, that way we can stay in our pack."

I grinned at the brunette.
"You mean, we're a pack?" I asked.
It was just like I'd told Ben- we were all tied together now in a sort of family.
A pack.

Rebekah nodded and smiled that guarded smile of hers, then turned away from me, burying her face in Oliver's shoulder.

I looked at her for a bit longer until I figured she was asleep, then I shut my own eyes and did the same.

~~~

"Danny," I heard someone whisper. I yawned and looked around tiredly, only to snap awake when I realised everyone was gone.

I panicked and flailed, attempting to stumble to my feet, only to be restrained by lanky arms holding me around my middle.
I turned around, feeling a familiar sense of dread that accompanied my panic attacks. Then I almost cried as I slumped back against Ben's soft, warm body.

"I hate you," I gasped, smacking him on the chest. He rumbled beneath me with soft laughter, and kissed my cheek.

"I love you," he chuckled.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, looking at Ben wearily. He chuckled again and cuddled me closer.

"You're dreaming, stupid," he replied nonchalantly, flicking his hair out of his eyes.

I felt my mouth drop open, and I quickly recollected myself and frowned.
"One," I began, pushing his arms off of me and standing up. "I am not stupid." I put my hands on my hips defiantly and jutted out my lower lip in a pout. "And two, that's ridiculous. This isn't a dream."

Ben rolled his eyes and remained sitting. "I was kidding, of course you're not stupid, love. And yeah, this is a dream. Wolfie powers, remember? I think I'm getting a hang of this stuff," he said proudly.

I just stood there, my arms going slack and falling back to my sides. "Wait, so I'm actually dreaming?" I asked incredulously, pinching my arm to make sure it was real. "Ow," I muttered, coming to the conclusion that it was indeed a dream.

"Yes, sir," Ben said airily, reaching out to grab my ankle.

I barely had time to shout "what the fuck are you doing?" before I fell, a scream escaping my lips.
"Aaand... gotcha," Ben murmured in my ear, his warm breath making the skin on my neck prickle.

I let out a shaky breath and peeled open my eyes to meet Ben's. There was a hint of darkness in them, sadistic even, but barely detectable in their blueish depths.

I furrowed my eyebrows and growled low in my throat. "Why are you being such a cunt?" I asked angrily.

He bit his lip and averted his gaze.
"I... just..." he started, nervously licking his lips.

"You just...?" I prompted, digging for an answer that could explain not just why he was being a dick-dream-boyfriend, but possibly some answers. About anything and everything that had happened since I'd known him.

"I-I don't know," he said, concern making his voice shake. I opened my mouth to ask what he meant, but before I could, he had me pinned to the ground, his lips roughly dancing against mine.

I squeaked, and Ben took it as a cue to press his tongue between my lips to invade my mouth. I wriggled my wrists a bit, but truthfully, I didn't really want to move.

I lazily made out with my boyfriend, our tongues meshing for dominance before Ben finally won. I kept making little whimpers of pleasure, which brought blood rushing to my cheeks in embarrassment- I'd always hated the noises I'd make.

Ben groaned and detached our lips.
"This is the only way we can have privacy," he panted, his desire-glazed eyes meeting mine.

"P-privacy?-"

Ben kissed my neck and I gasped sharply, wiggling my wrists that were trapped by his. He released one of them, and I instantly tangled it in his ratty hair that may or may not have had twigs in it. I didn't care, it wasn't my main focus at the moment.

"Ben," I whimpered, writhing against the ground.

He trailed one of his hands down my torso and placed it strategically on my hip and began rubbing pleasurable circles into it with his thumb, and I finally got my senses back.

"Ben, stop," I demanded, pulling his head from my neck by his hair. He snarled in a feral manner and I growled back.

We were silent for a few minutes, just staring into each other's eyes, before he finally broke the silence.

"D-Danny... I'm sorry," he whispered, pulling his knees to his chest.

I opened my mouth to say-


~~~

"Ben! Danny!" a voice cut through to me, and I woke up with a start, my heartbeat rising in my throat.
My eyes flew open and the sun nearly blinded me. I recoiled against Ben, who was stirring beneath me.
"Dude, we could hear you," Beau's voice sounded. I finally opened my eyes and they met his. "I mean... The wolf thing. You guys were giving off strong vibes, man."

My eyes widened and I looked over to Ben, who just smiled obliviously.
"S-sorry," I mumbled, a blush working its way up my neck.

Rebekah appeared next to Beau and crossed her arms.
"We don't have time for you two to fool around, we have to go. We'll find a hotel or something soon enough, and you can do whatever the fuck you want. Until then, no dream sex, absolutely no actual sex, and let's go. Shift now, because I'm kind of freaked out to have seen my my brother's boyfriend's boner, much less my brother's, thank you very much." With that, she turned around and shifted.

My mouth fell open and I just stared in shock for a moment before lifting myself off of Ben's lap and covering my lower region with my hands.
"S-sorry," I repeated, looking at the ground before shifting.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY OKAY SO I KNOW THIS IS REALLY FILLERISH BUT TRUST ME THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE BETTER BEAR WITH ME ALRIGHT