Status: slow updates

Clueless

s e v e n t e e n

*Ben*

"You're taking us shopping?" Alan asked excitedly as we walked in a small crowd toward the truck.

"Yeah, you can't wear my clothes for the time you're staying," Austin replied indifferently. "I only have what you've all got on, and no offense, but you guys don't look too great in my jeans and shirts." He took a moment to grab his keys out of his pocket and twirl them around his finger. "Plus, my dad is, like, rich, so I can basically get you whatever you want. Anything."

"Anything," Alan repeated dreamily as he climbed into the passenger seat. 

I wordlessly got in the back, along with the rest of us, and I sat in the corner with Danny. 

A minute after we were in motion, Alan had in a Pink Floyd Cd and was singing at the top of his lungs.

"Austin seems a little too generous," Rebekah stated as she moved to sit next to Danny and I.

"Would you give it a rest already, Bex?" I sighed, eyeing her wearily. "Not everyone is out to get us."

"Yeah, he's nice," Danny added.

Rebekah growled and crossed her arms.
"And if anyone were to get caught, it would probably be you two. You're idiots. Everyone is out to get us."

I growled back and just dropped it, not in the mood for an argument.

"Ben isn't an idiot," Danny insisted, placing his hands on my thighs to push himself into a sitting position. "And not everyone is out to get us. You're paranoid."

"Danny, it's fine; drop it, would you?" I muttered under my breath. He turned to look at me but quickly averted his gaze to instead look at something else.

Rebekah seemed as if she wanted to reply but she just scooted away as best as she could while we were still driving.

I didn't know what I wanted to do, or what we were going to do, and it frustrated me. I didn't like to be at a complete loss with anything which just made everything all the more angering for me.
Austin was generous. Maybe a little too generous, but I didn't believe he was "out to get us". Just a little spoiled and lonely, possibly. And, yes, as much as some of us didn't want to, we would have to leave at some point in the near future. It just wasn't safe staying in one spot for too long. Then there was the fact that Rebekah was perfectly okay with running for the rest of her life- we couldn't do that. If we had any hope of living out our lives semi-normally, we had to tell someone about Gilds before they caught up with us. We had no other choice.

"I'm sorry," Danny said softly, causing me to lose my train of thought for a moment.
He wasn't looking at me, but he was still laying against my chest.

I sighed and hugged his little frame from behind, resting my head on his shoulder.
"For what?" I whispered.

"I don't know, you're mad at me, right?" he replied nervously.

"Of course I'm not mad at you, why would you think that?" I murmured.

Danny shrugged and I sighed, deciding I'd find out what was bothering him later. For now, I'd focus on making him cheer up.

I tilted my head awkwardly and pressed a kiss to my boyfriend's cheek, causing a blush to colour his face pink. He smiled and I pulled him closer.
"What do you think you're gonna get?" I asked in an attempt to start a conversation.

"Probably clothes and shoes," Danny replied unsurely. He furrowed his eyebrows and stuck his tongue out of the corner of his mouth. "I mean, I don't think I need anything else. Jeans, a shirt, socks and shoes." 

"Nothing under those jeans?" I teased, stroking Danny's cheek lightly with my fingers.

"B-Ben," he stammered in a low whine. 
I chuckled, cuddled up to Danny's back and sighed.

"I was kidding," I murmured, peppering light kisses on the back of his neck. "Sorry, love."

I caught the blush working its way onto Danny's cheeks and felt a goofy, content smile appear on my lips.
Even though there were dark thoughts gnawing at my mind, Danny had a way to just make them disappear if only for a moment. 

"I see you," someone whispered in my ear. I looked to the voice, but no one was there. My eyes scanned the scene we were passing and every possible place someone could hide, but still there was no one. The voice didn't belong to anyone in the truck, but I knew that voice. I just couldn't quite place it.

I shook it off, deciding it was just the wind, and started stroking Danny's hair to distract myself.
A distant, sharp laugh told me otherwise.

*Oliver*

"Two days, two days, two days. 
Two days. Too many days. We need to leave. Need to get away. They're coming."

I could hear Rebekah muttering things under her breath as she tugged at her hair. I wanted to scoot closer to her to hear what she was saying, maybe comfort her because no one else seemed to notice, but I sat back and just strained my ears.

"You're all bloody fools. We cannot stay here, we can't, they're coming."

I shifted uncomfortably and stared at her as her lips moved a mile a minute, her eyes screwed shut tightly. She looked to be the maddest of all of us in that moment. I licked my lips nervously and decided to go with it; I slowly moved over to Rebekah until, when I sat, our knees were almost touching.
When she didn't look up, I cleared my throat. Her head snapped up and she growled quietly. I flinched, and the yellow in her eyes faded to her normal hazel.

"Oliver," she addressed me, averting her eyes.

"Call me Oli," I said with a smile, my eyes never leaving her.

"Okay, Oli," Rebekah replied, scrunching her nose up a bit. "What is it you want?"
Her words were almost like a sigh, and her bright, alert yet tired eyes refocused on mine.

It was my turn to look away, and I glanced at my hands in my lap. I pulled on my fingers one by one.
"Just wanted to see if you're alright, that's all."

"Stop," Rebekah demanded abruptly. 
I startled and looked up in surprise, opening my mouth to ask what she was telling me to stop doing, but she shook her head and I decided not to say anything. Instead, I furrowed my eyebrows in silent question.
"I can feel it," she murmured, cocking her head to the side. Her long hair fell over her shoulder and I resisted the urge to touch the soft dark strands. "You're seducing me."

"Seducing... I didn't even do anything," I protested, a little bewildered at the accusation. "I just asked you how you were."

"You're saying I'm not worth seducing?" Rebekah asked, her eyes flickering with something dark as a smile curled her lips.

"N-no? What?" I stuttered, finding it hard to respond. "I... Was just saying that I-"

Rebekah giggled and I promptly shut my mouth at the small girlish sound. It brought a lopsided smile to my face and a blush to my cheeks from attempting to argue.

"You're what- nineteen? Twenty?" she asked casually.

"Twenty-one," I corrected, half of my lips turning up to form a smirk.

"Right. Well at the age of eighteen, an incubus will basically trigger its powers. For a succubus it's fifteen," she stretched her long legs out in front of her, taking the brief moment to pause. "Anyways, once they get their powers it's all under control, they don't even know they have them until someone tells them. But anywhere from nineteen to twenty-five it goes to shit and their powers are amplified, and they want sex. That's basically it."

I felt my cheeks flush and I chuckled.
"So that's what I'm in for, huh?" I mumbled. 

"Oh, and if you don't get life energy out of intimacy, you die," Rebekah added indifferently.

I stiffened and looked at her incredulously. 
"I-I'm going to die?" I hissed, fear ebbing into my chest.

Rebekah giggled again and answered my question with a curt shake of her head. 
I sighed, obviously relieved.

"But I don't know how to get energy from people," I insisted.
She shrugged and smiled.
"How do you know so much about this... Supernatural stuff, anyway?" I wondered aloud.

"Because I knew what I was and what Ben was, and I researched it." She turned to me fully and crossed her legs. "I wanted my big brother back, Oli."
The look in her eyes held nothing but truth to back up her words. Her guard that she always held up was momentarily down at the mention of Ben.

Before I could really stop to think the action over, I was gently touching Rebekah's cheek with my thumb. She flinched, but relaxed after a moment and rubbed her cheek against my hand. Her eyes slipped closed and I wondered what was running through her head.

She was so beautiful, really. Such a pretty face, a perfect body, and incredibly smart and witty behind that hard exterior. Sure, she had a certain angst that had her on edge most of the time, but she was amazing. Shame no one got to see it often.

"What?" Rebekah whispered, her eyes opening slowly. They were that strange yellow that they seemed to get when she was either a wolf or feeling strongly of something.
I hummed back and cocked my head to the side.
"You... You said..." she began, but cut herself off and shut her eyes. She swallowed and opened her eyes again.
"You think I'm amazing?"

"Y-yeah," I murmured, smiling, but Rebekah bit her lip and looked away. I moved my hand away awkwardly and sighed.
"How can I be a sex demon if I'm so fucking horrible with girls?" I groaned, instead moving my hands to cover my face.

Rebekah laughed and looked at me again.
"You're not horrible with girls, Oli. And you took energy from me you twat."

"I did? I'm sorry," I stumbled over my words. "I didn't know..."

"It's alright," she said, cutting me off.

I sighed and smiled gratefully at her. We lapsed into silence after that and when I looked at the scenery we were passing I noticed that we were in an area with more cars and busier roads than those near Austin's house.

It was really cool of him to offer to get us clothes, but I guess that would kind of be the logical thing to do instead of having to give up all his clothes or having us wear nothing.
Alan sure thought it was a good idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little fluff and foreshadowing c: and forgive me for the shortness of this chapter, I'll be introducing a new character in the next one and I thought that 3 points of view was too many for one chapter.