Status: slow updates

Clueless

t w e n t y

*Alan*

It was difficult to convince myself that Austin wasn't a bad guy when there was blood dripping down my chest and dozens of needle marks on my arms.
The time I'd spent locked in the basement of Gilds had been hell, and there was bound to be more to come. The doctor that had been coming in every now and again- Doctor Ariel from before- hadn't explained anything except that "the shots would help". I'd been able to deduce that, from the dozen or so folders that she was carrying, Doctor Ariel knew everything about the pack and I could assume Austin had said something as well. I could also tell that something was off- I'd somehow become a, well, pixie, and I couldn't change back. And it was, quite honestly, driving me mad.
The longer I wasn't completely human, the more my sanity slipped, and my mind got fuzzy and I almost felt another presence in there with my conscience.
The worst of it was that Mr. Tony had been the one to take a knife to my skin if I didn't stay still and let him run his damn tests. I'd told him everything about me once upon a time and he could use any of those facts against me. But he didn't use anything I'd told him, no, he used the pack against me. He told me that they were locked up, too, and he was running tests on them as well. And I couldn't stop it. I couldn't help, and that drove me up the wall.
It was my fault, too. All of it. If I hadn't trusted Austin, if I hadn't let him take us in, none of it would have happened. I should have listened to Rebekah, I should have been more cautious...

"I don't mind it, I don't mind if you're overrated, or if you're standing at the edge of the world."

I opened my eyes with effort, my eyelids feeling hundreds of pounds. I was so exhausted, just completely drained. I knew that voice and I hadn't heard it for hours- or however long I'd been stuck here. It felt like years.

"Keep in mind that I'm a sore eye with blurry vision, but I could see it has to be you, love."

Austin's voice rang through the room, the soft tune rolling off his tongue with the fascinating words it conjured up. I'd never really heard Austin sing, but he was actually pretty good. It was undeniably his voice, he had a certain note to it that I could just tell.

"Alan, you awake?" he asked softly.

"Fuck off," I rasped, my throat burning from the screaming I'd been doing.

"Alan-"

"You already fucked everything up and lied to me! Just fuck the fuck off!" I growled, thrashing against my chains binding me to the ceiling.

"I'm sorry!" Austin snapped, but I knew he wasn't. He couldn't be. Once a liar, always a fucking fake.

I let out a few angry breaths, my eyes glued to Austin's unmoving feet in front of me.

"If I get out of these chains," I hissed, raising my head to look at him despite every muscle in my screaming at me to stop. I trained my slitted pixie eyes on him and smiled.
It may have been a whole lot less intimidating, if I wasn't angry as hell and a pixie. My eyes were black, my nails were each an inch long, my teeth were sharp as needles and my skin was green.
Austin swallowed audibly and I grinned wider.
"If I get out of these chains, I won't hesitate to kill you, Austin Carlile."
It was ironic- I'd gone from being helplessly in love with the guy to wanting to tear his gorgeous eyes out.

Austin's eyes narrowed and then he smiled timidly.
"He's just trying to fix you guys," he assured me, taking a small step closer to where I was hanging by my arms.
I bared my teeth but he continued.
"Mr. Tony's been injecting you with specific formulas that he believes can reverse your genetic code so he can find the non-human genes and remove them. He means no harm, trust me."

"Liar," I spat, pulling on the bindings with all the strength my weakend muscles could muster.
Austin had a needle in his hands this time, instead of Dr. Ariel.
He advanced on me, needle poised above a vein in my arm, and I screamed.
"Please stop," I whispered, letting my head fall again. "Austin, please stop this."
Austin paused for a moment, then I flinched when he brushed his fingers over my cheek.

"I'm just trying to help you live a normal life," he said softly.

"I can't live a normal life if this is going to haunt me for the rest of of it," I whimpered, my hard, angry exterior shredding itself. "I can't live like this, knowing that I led my pack down. I let my family down, Aus." I looked up weakly and he caught my gaze. "Kill me."
His eyes glassed over and my face crumpled.
"Kill me," I screamed.
He just pushed the long needle into my skin and I screamed again. He injected me with the familiar blue liquid, and I kept screaming at him to just kill me.
I hadn't wanted to die more than in that moment.

"It'll all be okay, Alan," Austin murmured.

I shook my head and stared at the ground.
"Just... let me go," I requested meekly. "Let my friends go."

"I'm afraid I can't do that," Austin sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
well I totally started working on this but it didn't save so it took even longer and I'm super depressed and have no motivation so sorry??????

ANYWAY it's really short and you guys deserve longer for how long of a break I took im sorry I'll try to have another update within the next few days...
I'm going to start writing more chapters like this one (length-wise) but like one or two updates each week.