Status: slow updates

Clueless

f o u r

Danny's P.o.v.

I woke up in Ben's arms. I didn't know what had happened, or why I was in that situation, but I decided to move before Ben could hurt me for being on him.

I mean... I liked it. A lot... and that wasn't good. Nope. I couldn't have a crush on Ben. He was out of my league, and attractive, and smart... and for all I knew, he could be mad.
He never told me what he did to end up here, anyway.

I carefully tried to pry his arms from around my waist, but it was useless.
"Let... go," I hissed as I squirmed.
I stopped instantly when I heard him yawn, then he rolled over so that he and I were laying chest to chest.
I let out a little yelp as he did, then froze.

Don't wake up. Don't wake up. Don't. Wake. Up...
Shit.


Ben's eyes flickered open, and I felt my eyes widen in fear, but I couldn't ignore the butterflies that exploded in my stomach.
Neither of us said anything for awhile, we just stared at each other for what seemed like hours.

"You're back," he whispered, his warm breath hitting my lips.

I blinked a few times and it took me awhile to find my voice.
"W-what do you m-mean?" I asked quietly.

He just shook his head and his eyes slipped shut, then I squeaked as he pulled me closer to him.

I could hardly breathe. I couldn't say anything.
He wasn't pushing me away...
I hadn't seen him be physical since I'd come here, even with Cameron or James, and they were his mates. But he had been, on more than one occasion... with me.
And now I was in his bed, in his arms, and he had pulled me to him.
I must be going mad.

"B-Ben?" I questioned, reluctant to ruin the moment.

He opened an eye and hummed softly, raising an eyebrow.
He looked so exhausted... and adorable

"Why a-are we..." I trailed off, biting my bottom lip gently.

"Oh, right, sorry," he muttered in his half-asleep voice.
I wasn't gonna lie; it was... sexy.

He stood up, making me release yet another surprised squeal as he picked me up bridal-style and placed me gently on my bed.
I instantly felt cold and alone, but I forced the feeling away and curled up in my blanket.
I couldn't just ignore it, though.
"Ben, why were w-we in th-the same bed i-in the first p-place?" I asked, half hoping he was asleep.

"You were going wolfie," he said groggily.
A few seconds later he burst into a fit of giggles.
"Wolfie, yeah. Let's just say that."

I shrugged it off and ignored is odd reply, then got up. I slipped on my Vans, grabbing my song book in the process, and decided to go to the game room, since it wasn't late enough to sleep for the night but it was past supper, and there never seemed to be many people there unlike the rec room.

I opened and shut the door almost silently, then tried to remember how to get there. I followed my instincts and followed a few hallways until I heard talking.
I peeked around the corner and saw some older looking guys congregating in a corner.
I was in the rec room, so I sighed with relief and walked the last hall to the game room.

It was pretty much filled with old-school gaming machines like pac man and pinball, and there was an air hockey table in the center of the room.
I walked in and looked around, and saw a shorter guy with reddish-brown, shaggy hair and a grey beanie playing a zombie game.

I decided it would be best if I didn't talk to him.
I went over to the corner of the room, farthest from the other guy, and sat down.
I tapped the pen against my chin and stared at the ceiling, unsure of what to write at first. But it was always like that.

I shut my eyes and let my thoughts carry me away, consuming my mind...
Of course, I thought of my parents. My family. My "friends". My life in general. Everything.

I see myself there/waiting by the roadside/laid claim to nothing but a black bag/and the attire I stand in/no name, no history/just a target on my temple/and a hole in my head/I could have been one of kings/

"What're you writing?"
I slammed my book shut and looked up to who owned the soft, unfamiliar voice.

It was the guy that had been playing the zombie game. I could tell by his beanie and hair.
He was wearing a Slipknot shirt and black skinny jeans, and his fringe was sticking up at weird angles.

"N-nothing," I mumbled, moving to stand up.

"No! Stay!" the guy exclaimed, sitting down next to me and pulling me back with him.
"I'm Sam," he said with a grin.

I debated if I could trust him, because I wasn't really comfortable trusting anyone to be honest.
"I'm D-Daniel," I said, offering a smile of my own, but it was forced and uncomfortable.
I didn't know how to feel about him.

"What're you here for?" he asked, his eyes shining with curiosity.

I shrugged, not wanting to tell him anything.

"Oh." He started picking at a loose thread on his t-shirt.
"Well I have severe anxiety," he said, shrugging.

I nodded slightly and sighed.
"I guess I h-have to tell you wh-why I'm here now, aye?" I asked.

"Only if you want to," Sam said.

"I have major d-depression, anxiety and mild sch-schizophrenia," I admitted quietly.

"Oh," he said for the second time.
"So you're the new crazy, then? The one that's rooming with Ben?"

"Yeah," I muttered, trying not to be offended by being called crazy; it'd been a common occurance since I was younger.

"Has he tried to kill you?" Sam asked seriously.

Now it was my turn to be curious.
"No... why w-would he?"

"Well, one; because he hates people, and two; because he tried to kill his parents."

I opened my mouth, then shut it.
What?
He'd... tried to kill his parents?

"Why?" I managed to choke out.

"I don't know, but they found him naked, locked out of his house. He said he didn't know what happened," Sam shrugged. "At least, that's what I've heard. This place is filled with rumours."

I nodded, trying to process the news.

"So... do you draw, or write stories, or...?" Sam said, changing the subject as he tapped on my notebook.

I pulled it away slightly from his touch.
"Lyrics," I said shortly.

His eyes lit up and he smiled. "That's so cool! I'm not a good singer, but I play guitar... Well, bass guitar," Sam said proudly.

"That's cool," I said truthfully and grinned.

"Oh!" Sam exclaimed, reaching in his pocket. He pulled out an apple and smiled.
"I saved this from dinner, do you want a bite?"

I shook my head quickly and patted my stomach.
"I'm full," I lied through my teeth.

Sam shrugged and took a bite of the apple, and I looked away.

"I'm gonna wr-write some more," I mumbled.

I pulled my notebook out again, not minding as much if Sam saw the lyrics.

The shell of a boy of the man that I used to be/a monkey in a man suit/I stand here as nothing to you/wind me up and watch me go

I started humming along with the words, hoping to make a song out of it.

"What're you gonna call that song?" Sam asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

I shrugged.
"I'll think of that when I'm d-done, I guess," I said.
My stomach started to hurt, and not just a little. It twisted, like it felt like I was getting stepped on. Along with that, I felt worry and fear.
Why?
I pushed it away and forced myself to listen to my newfound friend.

"Maybe when Ben's not around, or my roommate Cameron isn't, you can come to my room and we can try to write a song together," he suggested with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"You're roomm-mate, Cameron? Isn't he Ben's f-friend?" I asked, remembering the boys from the dining hall.

He nodded slightly, biting his lip.

"He's nice," I commented. I thought about the idea for awhile, then said, "Sure. I need to add music to my lyrics, anyways. We could be... like, a band."

Sam's eyes lit up. "A band," he breathed, then nodded.
"Well-"

"Danny?" Someone said uneasily as they appeared in the game room.

I stood up when I realized it was Ben.

"I... Yeah?" I said, looking to Sam, who looked about ready to run for his life.

"I need to tell you something," he whispered.
He looked so disoriented and afraid...

I instantly walked over to him, not so much as seeing but knowing something was making him upset.
"What's wrong?" I asked quietly.
Even though I knew about why he was here, he wasn't as intimidating as before.

He looked at Sam curiously, then he looked at me.
Something flickered in his eyes.
Jealousy?
Ben grabbed my arm gently, silently pleading me to go with him.

"I'll see you later, Sam," I mumbled as Ben tugged me out of the room.
The feeling in my stomach had gotten worse.

Ben and I made our way down the hallway quickly, and he skidded to a halt in front of the door, causing me to bump into his back.

"What's going on?" I demanded as Ben closed the door and locked it.

He ran his hands through his hair that was more disheveled than usual and turned away from me.

"I... had a dream... about you," he whispered, turning to face me.
He tugged some locks of his hair and bit his lip rings nervously.

"About me?" I asked, shocked.

He nodded, his bottom lip trembling.
"Did your mum... beat you?"

***

Danny paled and clenched his jaw.
"H-h-how... how did you know?" He growled, his hands forming fists.

"It was a dream," I murmured nervously.

"You're mad. It wasn't a dream, you're fucking lying to me. How did you find out, huh? Did you look through those damn files?" He shouted, his eyes slowly turning red.
His stutter disappeared the angrier he got.
He took a menacing step forward.
"How. Did. You. Know."

He wasn't going to turn; it wasn't dark outside. The sun was still up.
But he was getting pissed. I was, too.

"I'm not lying," I snapped, closing the space between us. "I had a dream, and it was about you. You were young. Your mum came in the room and tried to fucking strangle you," I yelled, and it was the truth.

"How did you know?" Danny repeated, curling in on himself. He sunk to his knees in front of me and covered his face with his hands, shaking his head.

My stomach started to burn and I felt my eyes widen in horror.
"I'm sorry," I whispered, kneeling down next to him. He was hurting in more ways than one
I reached out to touch his arm but he shoved me hard on the chest. I stumbled back, but caught myself with my hands.

"Why does my stomach hurt so bad," he hissed.

I shook my head hard.
"You feel it too?" I asked softly.

He looked up slowly. His eyes were back to their pale blue-green, but they were filled with confusion.
"Wh... what do y-you mean?" he whimpered.

I shook my head, but Danny stubbornly refused to drop it.

I bit my lip harshly, contemplating how to tell him. Should I, even?

"I have to tell you something... about why you're here," I said seriously, looking into his eyes.

"What could you possibly know about-"

"Shut up and listen," I growled, shutting him up. Fear flickered in his eyes and I felt bad.
I grabbed his hands in mine tightly, partially to comfort him but also making sure he wouldn't run away.
I took a deep breath and let it out with a sigh.
"You're here because you tried to commit suicide," I stated.

He nodded, his lip trembling. He looked confused.

"I... saved you, I guess," I said, gripping his hands tightly.

He shook his head quickly to dismiss the thought.

"No, listen... this is what got me here in the first place, but I'm not human. I'm a werewolf," I admitted to him as well as myself.

He shook his head violently and tried to look away, but I forced him to look at me with my hand on his chin.

"I was a wolf when I saved you. I'd gotten out of the hospital after a shift. That jacket that you have? It's mine. I pulled you out of the water and shifted back, then called an ambulance with your phone," I rushed it out, not taking a breath.

Danny shook his head again.
"You're lying. Why are you lying to me?!"

I shook him, but not hard enough to hurt him, just enough to get his attention.

"Fucking hell, just listen to me! I don't know what happened, because I was a wolf, but now you're a werewolf too, and this," I muttered, reaching to my own arm and dragging my nails hard enough down the skin to make myself bleed, "This happened."

"I-I'm bleeding! Ben!" Danny whimpered, staring down at his arm.

I pulled his already scarred arm with the new marks out and held it next to mine, showing him the matching scratches.
"Look."

"W-what is this?" He whined, looking at me with wide, confused eyes.

"I don't know," I whispered exhasperatedly.

I sighed, a sudden urge rushing through me. It was foreign and it made me confused beyond belief.

I stared into Danny's eyes and sighed.
"Don't freak out... I need to see something..." I trailed off, waiting for his approval.

He nodded slightly.

I leaned forward, licking my lips nervously.
"I'm... going to kiss you," I whispered, surprising myself.

Danny's eyes widened and before he could open his mouth to protest, I crushed his lips with mine.

And it was like fire.

In a good way?

After a second, our lips started moving together in sync.
Danny pressed himself up against me. It felt so wrong; I wasn't used to anyone touching me...

But I liked it. It felt like... perfection. It felt like I'd belonged there all along.

I tentatively placed my hands on his waist, pulling him a bit closer. He tangled his hands in my hair and tugged, and I let out an invoulentary groan.

I pulled away, panting, and Danny was in a similar condition.
We looked at each other for a long time.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Danny gasped.

My fears had just been confirmed...
"I think... I think we're tied..."

"What does tied mean?" he whispered.

"Danny, we're mated," I whispered.

He shook his head, still obviously having a hard time processing the information.

"I need air," he mumbled, running out of the room before I could stop him.

"Wait!" I cried, chasing after him. I ran out to the hallway just in time to see the exit door shut.

I pushed the door open, then wished I hadn't.

Danny's clothes were ripped up on the snow-covered ground...

I looked up, and my pupils dilated.
The moon shone bright.

My heartbeat sped up.

My gaze shifted down, and landed on a midnight black wolf with those unmistakable blue eyes, that were now an unrealistic shade of blue.

I hissed in pain and fell to my knees as I felt my bones shift and break under my skin.
♠ ♠ ♠
well... I dunno...
comment<3
rec<3
sub<3

a mini Sam Bettley to the commenters-

BVBarmygirlstuff
LukaKerryn.xo