Love Like Winter

It’s 3 a.m. I Know Where Your Mind is

Upon arriving to the hotel, I quickly run up to the penthouse suite and take a shower. Tonight I’m going to start my mission, I’m going to follow Winter Soldier around, or at least look for him in his usual haunts.

Once I’m out of the shower, I wrap a white towel around my torso and head into the bedroom. A chill dances up my spine as I leave the warm, steam filled bathroom and walk into the chilly bedroom. Just as I throw open the closet doors, my phone goes off. I head over to my head and pick up the phone; Clint’s name is coming across the Caller ID.

“Hello sexy.” I answer the phone with a laugh, “how are you this evening?”

“Making sure you arrived fine.” He replies, “how’s Russia treating you?”

“It’s colder than a witch’s tit.” I complain, “the sooner this is over with the sooner I’m taking a long vacation to an island or something. I’m gonna have to thaw out.”

“Take me with you and we can have a party.” Clint chuckles.

“Not sure if Nat would like that.” I chuckle as I pull out a tight black dress from my luggage. “Besides, you’re a workaholic.”

“I am not!” He counters, earning an unseen eye roll from me.

“Clinton, you’re working now.” I remind him, “I know it’s your job to make sure I’m doing mine. Fury always has you looking after me, it’s almost like you’re my big brother. It’s really fucking annoying.”

“You love me and you know it.” I can envision on the smug smirk forming on his lips.

I’m about to come back with a sarcastic comment when I hear my sister and her boyfriend complaining that I‘m taking too long getting ready.. “I guess our little brother/sister fight is going to have to be rescheduled. Rav and Max are getting impatient.”

“Stay safe, ok?” He says, “I don’t feel like coming to Russia and taking you out in a body bag.”

“I’m a highly trained agent, Barton,” I chuckle, “the Russians should fear me…”

**

I walk into the club unnoticed, which is good for a change. Place I go on missions usually have me sticking out like a sore thumb. It’s nice to be able to blend in for once. I look back at Ravenna and Max and motion them to head to the dance floor as I go up to the VIP section, where I knew Hydra was holding a little meeting. I’ve come to the conclusion that Hydra isn’t too far away from their favorite little puppet. He’s around, he’s always around. I may have to flirt and kill my way to him but I will find him. This is my promise. I’ll find him and I’ll be the one to take down the Winter Soldier. I, Keely Marx, will be the SHIELD agent that did the impossible.

I’ll be the one to take down a ghost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keely

comment&subscribe?