‹ Prequel: Crowded Room
Sequel: Heaven Can Wait

Thinking of Winter

Liam

Paulie had become--nothing--after everything went down with Zeth. He remain locked in one of the spare rooms and during the night when i'd wonder around unable to sleep.

i would hear him cry,soft pleading words of hope that Zeth would come back to him,that he would wake up from this nightmare and go back to being in his arms.

Leaning against the wall,I cried with him. I knew his pain,the sadness he felt in this time. I'd felt it so many times myself. making my way to the room,I slid into the bed with Jace and pulled him into my body. stroking his hair and kissing his temple gently,whispering soft "i love yous" into his hair until I slowly fell asleep.

Another week went by and still no sign of Paulie,still locked away in that bedroom,all you'd ever hear from that room is his crying or the toilet flushing. He wouldn't come out to eat or drink. Just remain in that bedroom every day and every night.

One of these nights,I walked past his room and heard a choked sob,pressing my ear to the door I heard his whispering softly to himself "I'm so sorry...please forgive me Liam..Jace and..and Zeth. I should have stayed away..I should have ran when I had the chance..now I have nothing..no one anymore..." he whispered just before I heard a click and a loud bang go off in the room.

moving quickly into action,I backed away and kicked down the door. Running towards the bed "Oh god Paulie!" i yelled,finding him hanging off the bed with blood dripping from his mouth,hearing Jace run in and yell as well.

"jace! get him to the hospital now!" I yelled,placing Paulie in his arms. Jace nodded and ran out with him as I ripped the blood soaked sheet from the bed and stormed out of the house.

Appearing at Zeth's place,I broke his door down as well causing him to jump up from the couch and glare at me before his eyes landed on the sheet,his eyes widening "Is that..oh god please dont.."

I walked up to him "That's right! This blood is Paulie's! after his shot himself in the head! because of YOU! That man has never ever love another being in his entire life until meeting you! " I yelled,watching him fall back onto the couch "Yea! take a good look at it Zeth! because this just might be the last thing you ever see from him! you had NO right at all to do what you did to Paulie! To go behind his back and cheat on him. Your nothing like your brother! he never cheated on me! ever! even when we weren't together he never even so much as kissed another guy" i screamed.

i watched the tears start flowing down his face,reaching out and taking the sheet and staring at it "Paulie..oh god Paulie..' he choked out before standing "Please..Please I know you hate me but take me to him! I need to be here" he said,looking at me.

I stared at him for a minute before grabbing his shirt and dragging him out to the car.

Eight Months Later

Jace had to continue work so I spent every day at the hospital with Zeth,sitting beside Paulie's bed as the machines breathed and kept him alive "Do you think..do you think he'll wake up?" Zeth asked softly for the millionth time.

Looking at him the back at Paulie " he will..just keep talking to him Zeth,keep reminding him how sorry you are and what you truly feel" I said,patting his back gently before stepping out of the room and leaning against the wall.

my hopes for him waking up grew stronger every day as I watched Zeth slowly fade away along with the man who loved him and I knew--I knew that if Paulie didn't wake up and they pulled the plug. Zeth would be pulling his along with him.

"paulie..oh god Paulie!" I heard Zeth yell from inside causing me to run back in and slid to a stop,seeing Paulie locking eyes with Zeth who began removing the tube. Caughing a bit,Paulie continued to stare up at Zeth.

"Zeth? Honey what's going on? Why are you so upset?" He asked,reaching out and touching his cheek with a soft smile "I forgive you....but now's the time to choose...do you want me? if you don't. Turn around and leave,I'll return to the states and you never have to see me again" he whispered

Staring in shock,I looked at Zeth as both paulie and I awaited an answer that would mean so much for everyone. sucide was common in my new family but thankfully no one succeeded,including me.