‹ Prequel: Crowded Room
Sequel: Heaven Can Wait

Thinking of Winter

Liam

Zeth had managed to keep Jace here instead of letting him return to Jersey. As the weeks turned into months,he soon returned to his old self...well looking like his old self anyways. I still wouldn't talk to him even though he tried many times to get me to talk to him.

"I still haven't forgiven you yet Jace...talking to me isn't gonna change that. I need you to prove to me that your sorry" i said before turning away from him and going back into Jarrek's arm,where I felt safe. Little did I know soon even his arms wouldn't be safe anymore.

As the months passed slowly,I remained with Jarrek. Spending time with him and only him but soon I couldn't even do that any more. He would come up with excuses as to why we couldn't make love or why he wouldn't be home from work until I was well asleep.

I didn't know how badly things would get until late one night when it was just Jarrek and I. Finally able to get him to myself,I stood in the kitchen after dinner and turned to face him "What's been going on Jarrek..ever since he got back you've been ignoring me and blowing me off" I said softly.

Jarrek just scuffed and looked away "Maybe because I don't want anything to do with you anymore" he said,looking at me with hatred in his eyes.My knees suddenly went weak and I had to grip the counter to keep me up.

"Wh-What?" i asked,my voice catching in my throat. I watched Jarrek stand up and stare at me,that look still fresh in his eyes.

"You heard me. I don't want you anymore Liam,I never really did. Everything I did and said was out of pity for you. i never cared about you" he said before turning on his heels and walking out the door.

It was then that everything once again crashed around me,I lost my grip on the counter and grumbled to the floor on my knees. the tears flooding down my face 'No..please..Jarrek.." I choked out but knew he couldn't hear me anymore.

I sat there on the floor for hours,sobbing and hugging myself until I just felt completely and utterly numb. Pulling myself up shakingly,I reached out and pulled a knife from the set on the counter. Staring at the blade in my hands,I faced the door one last time before turning and walking out of the kitchen.

Making my way towards the bedroom,I sat down at the desk,pulling out a sheet of paper and just began writing,every emotion flowing into my words as I continued to write until setting the pen down. Picking the blade up one last time,I stood up and walked into the bathroom.

turning the water on in the shower,I sat down under the ice cold water in the tub. As I dragged the seratted blade across my wrists,I didn't hear the front door open or my name being called as my blood turned the water pink as it went down the drain,dropping the blade after one last deep slice.

My head fell back against the tub and everything around me went black.