Status: Hiatus

Shut Away

Two

"Tonights the night, girlie. Enjoy it while you can." The guy whispered menacingly in my ear. I shoved him back into the car knowing it was just one of the juniors saying their last goodbyes like they had been doing all week.

"Shove off, loser." I said while slamming the door on him and running back too the now moving line up of graduating students.

"Where did you go?" My friend Deryck asked looking a little concerned, probably thinking I was so nervous about the speech I had to give, that I was sick.

"It was nothing just stupid juniors." I glanced over my shoulder to see if they were still there tormenting other graduates. I couldnt find the stupid kids anywhere or the car. I turned back around and smiled at Deryck. The ceremony went well, I said my piece, and we got our diplomas, and then took pictures with our family. Because our prom had been cancelled, the principal had decided to make the dance after our grad ceremony our prom. Though I should explain first about Deryck. As much as he is my friend I know he likes me the way I like him. We were more like friends with benefits. We knew we both liked each other but we liked to date other people too. We were afraid of commitment the two of us. We didnt want to go and break the others heart.